alternate to turnigy 80-100

dumbluck said:
I just sent them a request to custom wind them and install hall effect sensors. I would guess the price would increase. maybe we could get a count on how many people would want to purchase these and at what price.

is it possible to add a poll

what is the max price you would pay for 80-100 130 wound with 14 gage and hall sensors installed

outrun 80-100 130 @ $150us
outrun 80-100 130 @ $175us
outrun 80-100 130 @ $200us
outrun 80-100 130 @ $225us

Plus shipping

im only just starting at looking at non froc motor options (still need to finish the current froc build first :twisted: ) but I'd be tentavely interested at the lower end of those $$, at 130kv do you recon I could get away with a single stage? like ~10-1?

I just sent them a request to custom wind them and install hall effect sensors. I would guess the price would increase. maybe we could get a count on how many people would want to purchase these and at what price.

Frankly, I don't want any chineese wound motors with hall sensors in them....I would be more interested in a bare stator & all the components ready for assembly. way cheaper & QC would be in our hands. leave the bearings out also. I tear all mine down anyway & rebuild on the components.

if we can find someone to supply the parts I would go that route also. I would rather have someone locally wind the motors the QC would be worth spending $200 on.

DL,
you contacted the factory? or a brokerage?

If I can get stators I will build a batch of motors. But no way can I compete with $100 chinese made stuff.

I have a project started that raises the pole count to 8 prs with these 65mm stators. This gives us a true ABC wind & the maximum inductance potential of the motor...(easyer controlling at the expense of max rpm potential-controller limited side) it does make zeroing the halls a little more finicky, but I know a guy. :wink:

Early in the Colosus thread Markobetti claimed he would give the source for his motors, I PM'ed him looking for contact info or if he could procure a batch of stators (min lot) for me & the crew around here....no responce for a week. I am hoping he is checking into it & will get me a favorable price for the components.

On this side I have been looking for a standard stator stack that would fit our needs but all have some nasty limitations on them physicly & they are out of my budget for a min lot....(have not asked for any "samples" yet :p ) I have been researching chemical machining to be able to manufacture my own stators. True hand built "Factory" motors LOL!

As soon as I deliver 2 more trannys I may go that route.

Thud,

I contacted a couple of brokers :( , but its a start. It looks like maybe million power group ltd is the manufacturer. I'm stilling looking for web contact info for them. I also sent in inquire to www.gobrushless.com about purchasing stators from them. it looks like they have 65mm diameter one but its not for 100mm can. perhaps they cant get a stator produced for us. I sure think there is a market for this size motor and I sure can't seem to find a good alternative for under $400. What do you think it would take for you to assemble them if we can get all the components together?

what do you need to build stators can we just have them laser cut and then laminate them ourselves? I'm still learning but I'm willing to jump in and get something done as soon as possible. I can do some basic cnc machining for prototype parts but I would not want offer production work. let me know what I can do to help get this going

Thud Looks like we can get stators stamped in india. This would sure end up being a global motor bearings from japan stator from india end caps form china shaft from who knows where.

Building stators:
#1) A reasonable way to cut 100's of precision parts
I could make a stamp die with enough time & practice...mostly because i certainly could not afford to buy one to my spec.
Laser cutting is one way, I have a couple specialty houses in the area & i haven't even submitied anything for a quote figuring I would be disapointed...I may send one out & see where it comes in at.

#2) High silicon content steel for the laminations. 235 pc of .008" thick laminations. steel is relativly affordable....but min quantity's of the stuff can be a hurdle.

#3) getting them coated for insulation. (biff has linced me to a couple places that specialize in that sorta thing.)

#4) assemble the whole kit into a stator...

#5) final insulate for winding.

I have been pricing goodies & even if I can screenprint & chemicly machine uniform parts in quantity I am getting past $100 for materials & supplies for sampling....
I have outrunner motors all drawn up in 4"od (86mm stator) & 5.25" od (119mm stator)
T

I have a couple of local resource I can check into here are couple of internet ones

http://www.materialfabricators.com/category_48_Metal+Stampings.html?gclid=CNzs653a2aoCFQo0QgodExcf8g

http://www.unitedcores.com/products.html

http://www.ppm.co.in/products.html

a couple more
http://www.electricalstampings.com/electricalstamping-laminationcomponent.html

http://www.deltran.com/

http://www.rajvin.com/electrical-stampings.html

I haven't made time to contact these guys yet:
http://www.protolam.com/index.html

These guys have some standard stuff that is sooo close its tempting:
http://www.rbourgeois.com/induction_motors_laminations.a234.en.html

but nothing in that sweetzone I think we need.

I doubt you will be able to source end bells, cans, and magnet sets for much less than $100 a set ..(unless you get into very large batches)
,,So $98 a piece for a full motor seems cheap, even if you throw half of it away for a custom build. :cry:

Perhaps we need to approach Leader Hobbies to let them understand there is a demand from the ebike community for these motors. If they realize they will be guarantied of quite a number of sales though our group, then hopefully they will quickly get the motor back in stock. Much easier to buy motors off them then trying to organize a group buy direct with the manufacturer of the motors.

I would think the speed those big motors sell out would be a pretty strong signal on the demand for them.

Guys,
isnt markobetti's Colossus 7kW basicly the equivalent to the Turnigy 80-100 ?..
what happened to that motor and kit offer ?
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21969

markobetti said:
Here are the prices :

Motor price : 180 dollars

Kit price ( every part, such as end bells, stator holder, rotor can with magnets, shaft, stator without windings, nsk bearings and collar ring,and wire for winding , but not assembled) is 170 dollars
KIT DOESENT INCLUDE HAL SENSORS LIKE I SAID BEFORE , THEY SENT ME THE SENSORS DATASHEET AND THEY ARE NOT APPROPRIATE . I DONT WANT TO BUY BAD STUFF AND HOPE THEY WORK.
the difference in factory price is 10 dolars assembled or not so not much to lower the price

the extra stator price is 35 dollars

For two motors/kits and more the price is :

MOTOR : 165 dollars
KIT: 155 dollars

stator price is the same

Shipping is from China and cost will be calculated upon request of motor or motors and kits since everybody lives in different country and wants different amount of motors .

The company that will sell motors to you is Zelena Vozila d.o.o. same as for greyborg bikes and colossusLQC

Thud,

I'm thinking I should just be a reseller of those motors as fast as they move :p

If I order a bunch what would you charge to rebuild them?

Kepler said:
Perhaps we need to approach Leader Hobbies to let them understand there is a demand from the ebike community for these motors. If they realize they will be guarantied of quite a number of sales though our group, then hopefully they will quickly get the motor back in stock. Much easier to buy motors off them then trying to organize a group buy direct with the manufacturer of the motors.

Damn cheap T-rex choppers at Leader too...re: demand...I'm not sure the e-bike demand from a handful on a forum will be much of an incentive Kepler, you being rc heli ' freak' hehe understand the enormity of the rc community world wide, worth a shot though ;)

@Mr ThudSTeR... Re: motor winding, if you hook me up with a ' napkin' drawing of how any stators need winding I would be up for winding a batch at minimal cost to ES members, I have bundles of the ATM and am 100% confident I could do a better job than stock wind HK motor.

Lemme know if u need a hand anyways Todd, owe you a few favours now ole boi, been lil onesided last 6 months in "what goes around comes around" department LOL

KiM

@aussiejester: I would be interested in a rewind if you were doing it. I have two hxt 80-100's that I'm going to assume will need a rewinding in the near future, judging by how loose the windings are and that all three phases came from the factory shorting to the stator.

Joel

mechanix said:
@aussiejester: I would be interested in a rewind if you were doing it. I have two hxt 80-100's that I'm going to assume will need a rewinding in the near future, judging by how loose the windings are and that all three phases came from the factory shorting to the stator.

Joel

No worries Joel, shall keep the forum updated when i get hold of some spare motors anywayz, i will buy at least 2 when they come into stock polus Kelers if he wants to let it go haha I will rewind the lot of them none will be kept stock, bearings and shafts will also be replaced (cept skirt bearing) I would have to see how long it takes me to do them, didnt take long to rewind the brushed unites when i rewound those big suckers so these lil things should be alot quicker, lil heavier wire too less hurt on the hands haha

KiM

I will take 4 of them...assuming your talking the 80/100's the thread is addressing.

I have an e-mail exchange with skyhobbies in singapor who says they have inventory of theses also & the quote is $98.50 usd each.

Hey Todd,

Thanks for your early reply. :)

The motor you inquired is in stock, order today, ship tomorrow!

As for the price, it is really the best price i can offer. anyway, please confirm the order quantity and your desired price, so that i can apply for my manager. I really want to cooperate with you.

Looking forward to your early reply.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Shelly is always here to be your good helper in your business success.

Best Regards,

Shelly

sales06 <sales06@cnskyhobby.com>

So is the plan to establish an ES standard motor? What are likely specs? What controllers will we be using for these motors?

Back