alternate to turnigy 80-100

12 and the 18 the 12 is great for a couple of my smaller projects 18 for the bigger size bike i'm doint

Thud said:
I will take 4 of them...assuming your talking the 80/100's the thread is

+1 .......but only 2 for me for starters please dumbluck.

KiM

eevn though i just purchased one. i'd be down for another one and i know my friend is itching as well...

I am not sure how much stock that CN Sky hobby place has, i just bought 2 motors from them last week and i have not received any dispatch notice and when i asked when they were going to be sent i got a reply that they were cleaning out the warehouse and they were going to test the motors before they shipped them.

So i am kinda thinking that they have no stock or are waiting like everyone else for new stock to come in. :roll:

If one would build a motor around this stator: http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=SC+65mmstator (the 63mm wide one)
how would it compare to a 80-100?

Leaders hobby's is a bust...I order a pr of 80-100's from them 10 days ago & just got done checking order status...out of stock :cry: I chated witha live operator while placing the order & they showd inventory (before this thread started)

I guess we'll see if they can get stock in 5 days like tonights operaor said they could....waiting for the money to be returned...I'll invest in producing my own stators sooner than i had planned...

Any one interested in a 4" american made out runner with halls optomised for e-bikes easy to operate with sensored controllers?

Thud said:
Any one interested in a 4" american made out runner with halls optomised for e-bikes easy to operate with sensored controllers?

Hell yes. Nothing much seems to be happening with the Collossus project from a batch production standpoint. if your going to go custom lam's you may as well move to 4>5" cans. Afterall 8" Agni 95R inrunners have no problem spinning up to 6krpm.
My bet is skyrocketing Neo magnet prices has a lot to do with motor unavailability at the moment...production contract pricing vs materials costs must be changing so fast that its giving many distributers headaches.

Thud said:

Yes, definitely if the price can compare to the shipped price of the turnigy's... but that probably isn't a reasonable request :(

fizzit said:
Thud said:

Yes, definitely if the price can compare to the shipped price of the turnigy's... but that probably isn't a reasonable request :(

Of course its going to be a higher cost, but i think we'd all better get used to price hikes in all PM motors regardless of country of origin, particularly given rising labor wages in China and a global exponential increase in Neo magnet costs . Considering the quality assurance of Thud produced goods, i'd happily pay 3 times as much for a US made equivalant of a chinese produced 80-100 gamble (tight windings with good fill make this worth it alone), but even that increased price margin may not be economical for a small scale producer. However whatever the cost, it must be better value than an equivalent Astroflight motor. I guess a good middle ground between the old Turnigy prices and the insane Astro prices would be where id place my buying preference.

Just take a look at the huge prices of the Scorpion range of motors that Hobbyking is now pushing as their leading brand. Sure they are likely produced under tighter quality controls than the old Turnigy range, but $440 for a 65mm canned outrunner! WTF! You used to be able to get the Turnigy 65mm equivelant for $60~$70, which was well worth the gamble and remediation efforts of dodgy bearings and poorly glued magnets.

Also, Scorpion dont even make outrunners with larger than 65mm cans, so it just doesnt cut the mustard compared to the advantages of an 80mm+ motor.

full-throttle said:
Back to OTP: the mfg of C80-100 is likely to be Xingyaohua (don't hold me on this one)
http://www.xingyaohua.com/web/en/products_display.asp?pid=19&id=13&proid=80
No doubt about it methinks.

This is interesting>> http://www.rcavionix.com/catalog/detail.php?view_shop=&SECTION_ID=8054&COUNT_EL=96&ELEMENT_ID=123298
------------------------http://www.rcavionix.com/catalog/detail.php?view_shop=&SECTION_ID=8054&COUNT_EL=96&ELEMENT_ID=123299

Appear to be out of stock though :|

file.php

boostjuice said:
Thud said:

Hell yes. Nothing much seems to be happening with the Collossus project from a batch production standpoint. if your going to go custom lam's you may as well move to 4>5" cans. Afterall 8" Agni 95R inrunners have no problem spinning up to 6krpm.
My bet is skyrocketing Neo magnet prices has a lot to do with motor unavailability at the moment...production contract pricing vs materials costs must be changing so fast that its giving many distributers headaches.

ill second that, depending on how much it is getting it to aus... :twisted:

Well, I just checked my order with leader hobby and sure enough it hasn't been shipped. I emailed them and asked why and they said the item is out of stock. Interesting because when I placed the order they had 10. That's bs and I won't be doing business with them again. I straight up told them that if I wanted to order backordered stuff I'd buy from hk.

Definatly not impressed with the dicsount houses ethics..I was chatting with the online rep when i placed the order on what i fgured was a secret stash of product 8)

Any way, I am hopefully finishing up the tranny builds this weekend & will tease you guys with the 1st prototype motor I will build.
4inoutrunner.jpg

4" OD
87mm stator
15 tooth
10 pole pr
This one will be a short stator for proof of concept & shorten build time
the longer unit will be based on 2" stator stacks
& all of these designs are constrained by magnet & redily avalable DOM steel for fluc can prototyping.

Now for the heart breaker, materials alone are going to be over the $150 mark for the prototype not counting all the tooling & chemicals I will need for the stator cutting & bonding..these will not be cheap motors by any measure of the word. :|
& I won't be starting on it until after the 1st of the year with my current back log.

Thud,

I think I will have to pursue the built in america option. I will be happy to get started on it this next week.

Would an altermotor be a viable high-power & low cost alternative that can be hacked together?

Thud,
Your drawing only shows 18 magnets as opposed to the 20 you spec'd below it. I assume you mean to show 20 magnets for an ABC winding and maximum inductance as well as there being operational windings.

beter count again Prong. :wink:
drawing is hard to see but all 20 are there.

I guess i should update...

just got an email from them stating that my package has been sent. a month later....

i will still be disputing it with paypal as the delivery date they quoted me is past the 45 day limit that PayPal has on the disputes.

we'll update further when i get the motor

Final update, the motor has arrived yesterday!

its def the same Turnigy 80-100 that HK sells minus the labels...also it uses allen head countersunk screws for the can instead of philips the way HK uses it.

havent run it as i'm waiting for the optical sensor kit to arrive before i can test it with my lyen 12 fet.

Did you get the optical kit from burtie? If not then where?

Back