Anderson PowerPole question

cal3thousand said:
Is it maybe because you are creating a "parallel" channel that only decreases overall resistance? That's the only way I could see this being true.
Yes I believe that's what you need to see. Remember I crimp my connectors first so the good connection is already there but there is little spots of air inside the connector and the solder pushes the air out for even more continuity.

Arlo1 said:
cal3thousand said:
Is it maybe because you are creating a "parallel" channel that only decreases overall resistance? That's the only way I could see this being true.
Yes I believe that's what you need to see. Remember I crimp my connectors first so the good connection is already there but there is little spots of air inside the connector and the solder pushes the air out for even more continuity.

Ok... that makes sense.

With the hydraulic crimpers, there's no solder opportunity as there isn't any air between the wires. It squeezes them so hard that they deform into each other due to their malleability. It would be impossible to have air in there under those pressures.

II do solder the 8G cause they barely fit and there maybe some loose strands but the crimp should be very tight and do a very similar things that the hydraulic crimps do in mashing all the strands together making no possibility for corrosion. However if I use 30 A and i know the wire is to big for a 15 but to small for a 30 and the crimp is partially questionable I do hit it with some solder... But also gotta remember flux makes things soooo easy... if you are smart you can get some really thin diameter solder and crimp it in with the wires and heat it up with a torch and its quick and easy.

icecube57 said:
II do solder the 8G cause they barely fit and there maybe some loose strands but the crimp should be very tight and do a very similar things that the hydraulic crimps do in mashing all the strands together making no possibility for corrosion. However if I use 30 A and i know the wire is to big for a 15 but to small for a 30 and the crimp is partially questionable I do hit it with some solder... But also gotta remember flux makes things soooo easy... if you are smart you can get some really thin diameter solder and crimp it in with the wires and heat it up with a torch and its quick and easy.

That's a great idea with crimping the solder right in and heating.

I solider all mine. No crimps at all. Never one fail. I do it with a 35w iron and thin 60/40 rosin core solider. I fill the PP cups solid with solider and let it wick into the copper some.

Back