Animalector's Ebike Builds

Are the info on the display useful or is it just nice to have? If you drop the bike on it's side or just laying it on it's side in your car during transport, you always risk the change of cracking the lcd screen. Keep It Simple

Yeah I'll see how bad it is in real life when I'm on the trail. Might not be a problem. it's really only going to be a problem if I'm slowly going over logs or rocks, and hopefully I won't be slowly going over anything. Hahaha.

Animalector said:
Yeah I'll see how bad it is in real life when I'm on the trail. Might not be a problem. it's really only going to be a problem if I'm slowly going over logs or rocks, and hopefully I won't be slowly going over anything. Hahaha.
i really love the bbs motor because of it's clean looks and quietness. you can still tune the controller's pas parameters to make it fit your needs. normally you touch any obstacles with your gears first. you may even build a bracket over the motor to save it from any impacts. it will reduce your clearance even further, but i don't think that you'll really need it during daily use.
just use some 8mm solid steel rod and bent it around the motor to form some kind of cage maybe?

I'll bet you will be fine. I went over quite a few big logs yesterday on my vector framed bike with 17 rear and 19 front and was completely surprised that I didn't crush my 44 t chainring. My bike bottom bracket sits lower than the average bike since I have motorcycle tires. For the record I didn't bomb them.....was about 10 miles from home and didn't want to take a chance on having to walk back! :oops:

By the way mine is a pig.....20s15p and a QS205 motor in the 110 lbs (guessing!) range. Yours should float over everything.

Tom

Guys that is awesome. Loving the update. Chris I am feeling awful about your battery issues. Cant wait to get home and get it up to you. You both should be hitting the trails this break!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and Andy i usually mount that gauge on my bars / stem with some neodymium magnets hotglued into the back of a 3d printed case, and run wires down and plug it in. My printer is down atm but i can send the file if you want.

af5b3baa609ec8c37606a505be1bfbe8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice case. Yeah. I could also do that. The bafang display has battery level, so it's probably adequate.

If I had a 3d printer I'd take you up on the offer but unfortunately I don't... One day.

First of all....
[youtube]0TBMsRu_5eg[/youtube]

Absolutely awesome.

BUT....

I definitely need a chain guide, I dropped the chain a few times, and twice the chain skipped to the inside and got jammed between the CHain ring adapter and the BBS02. Bent the chain, damaged the motor covers (not critically)

I am using a standard chain ring, not a narrow wide which would help, but I think I should just bit the bullet and mount up a chain guide.

I am now considering converting to an 8-speed and an 8-speed chain, this 10sp chain is super flimsy and bends very easily. This is the first chain I've had on any bike that has bent.

LOOKING FOR 3D PRINTING SERVICE PLEASE. I need to knock up an adapter so I can mount my guide. I will supply CAD, just need the thing printed.

Animalector said:
First of all....

LOOKING FOR 3D PRINTING SERVICE PLEASE. I need to knock up an adapter so I can mount my guide. I will supply CAD, just need the thing printed.

Jump on to 3DHUBS and find a printer near you. There will be someone in Cairns with a decent printer and fillament choice for you. :D

Cheers Chris, yeah I gave the chain guide a good work out. Not a single chain drop, and I was going over some fairly rough stuff at speed. Very happy.

The motor was pretty warm at the end, I think a temp sensor is my next mod..

great ebike now we can have a race up world cup track and down, if we can hold on the bike, for your life,

last jump look like smith fleld for cx

i can give a chian things, stop droping it i have alots or make you one, i have a mill

look like you had fun, 8)

yeah first ride was smithfield (with the drop), the most recent video was Davies Creek, between Cairns and Mareeba.

It's excellent - finally a bike that I can ride without worrying about bumps, jumps, roots. I love it.

750 W is enough, I'm not really looking to roost the bike up the hills I'm happy to pedal up in number 1 assist level, then just rid it down like a downhill bike. The Numbers 2 and 3 I keep for flat single track .

Andy

Bought myself a 5AH 56V pack from Masters at 40% off, $250 for battery and 10A charger which I think is a great deal.

I plan to put this onto the scooter, but need some sort of bracket, so this is what I want someone to 3d Print for me.
View attachment 2
Ego Holder 2 (Custom).png

egoBattery (Custom).jpg

:roll: :mrgreen: :oops:

Very nice battery and charger. Looks like a space ship with a mother ship charger. Will have to upgrade the scooter to match the cool look.

Back