• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Anyone know about/tried TOSEVEN Mid Drive?

Actually my experience is opposite. The PAS systems are good only when you have steady load. Offroad rides are not those. The trick is that you need to modulate the power on wheel and actually doing this by reading your effort with torque and cadense sensor is the best to provide still like bicycle feeling.
Was not talking about off road conditions, just paved roads.

Video from High Voltage / Captain Codswallop with both the dm-01 and dm-02 no riding footage yet though.

Update from this post

Andibrainer made a short review of the DM02 on the German forum.
Originally it was bought from PSWPower and had the same issue all motors from them had..... no torquesensing.

After a reflash of latest FW and a replacement of the display, the torquesensor does work and the DM02 could be handled much better.
But not as expected, because he feels the torquesensor only from standstill.
With biking, the motor feels as with a cadence sensor.
So he finds the balance between these sensors still far from optimal.

Source

Hopefully this could be easely solved with settings or newly improved FW and it isn't hardware related.

Last edited:
Update from this post

Andibrainer made a short review of the DM02 on the German forum.
Originally it was bought from PSWPower and had the same issue all motors from them had..... no torquesensing.

After a reflash of latest FW and a replacement of the display, the torquesensor does work and the DM02 could be handled much better.
But not as expected, because he feels the torquesensor only from standstill.
With biking, the motor feels as with a cadence sensor.
So he finds the balance between these sensors still far from optimal.

Source

Hopefully this could be easely solved with settings or newly improved FW and it isn't hardware related.

Has he definitely put the torque sensor on sensitive? And turned the PAS time down?

There have been a number of revisions since that first batch was sold around 6 months ago. So physical changes have been made

Since we started selling the new motors out of the hundreds either sold or sent to distributes to trial I've only personally witnessed one problem 02 reported and it was the guy further up this thread. I believe he's having a replacement sent out

Unfortunately we usually only hear from those who have a problem and of course we would like to hear from everyone. It is a new motor and we expect there are some tweeks to be made to software to get it refined 100% so we would really like feedback from all users with any suggestions they have.

Just make sure that your motor has good default settings like CYC PHOTON. Why do we have to manually change torque sensor from SAFE to SENSITIVE? Another question. Why power consumption on display is shown in Ah instead of Wh? Ah is totally meaningless without voltage.

Just got and installed my 500w dm02. It worked but little torquesensing an mostly pass. Put torque on sensitive end pass on low, saved and now it says my battery is 0%. Whatever i try it does totally nothing. Tried another battery, resolderd connections, tried to put the handbreaksensors on, nothing. Oh, and inbetween i charged my battery a bit because i want to now my ranged compared to the tongsheng.
Now charging my battery to full and see what happens.

Just make sure that your motor has good default settings like CYC PHOTON. Why do we have to manually change torque sensor from SAFE to SENSITIVE? Another question. Why power consumption on display is shown in Ah instead of Wh? Ah is totally meaningless without voltage.
Why so much impatience. With a new development It always takes time to process feedback. Also CYC isn't perfect yet.
Most things will probably be improved, as long feedback is given.

Last edited:
Why so much impatience. With a new development It always takes time to process feedback. Also CYC isn't perfect yet.
Most things will probably be improved, as long feedback is given.
Atleast photon works fine out of the box.
This shows that this motor is still in alpha stage. Buggy firmware with stupid default settings. Hardware is also being changed. Maybe in 2024 we will have something in decent state.

Atleast photon works fine out of the box.
There you have a point,
But realize CYC isn't new and has also some experience with development of other midmotors (X1 is already gen.3)

For some unknown reasons there are made mistakes or wrong choices with the introduction of ToSeven on the market what could have been avoided.

FWIW:
I see ToSeven is sold out at PSWpower, so I hope this ended also the problem with non working torquesensor.

Last edited:
I eagerly await the DM02 motor core unveiling, to see if the heat dissipation lesson was learned - or not.

Eagerly awaiting more news for the DM02, I've had used my TSDZ2B for years now and see this a nice alternative if ever mine breaks down or maybe even replace it if news for it is great good. Hope there's more displays though as I do prefer more minimalist displays like the SW102, and even possibly allow wireless firmware updates via bluetooth.

Hi guys, I receive DM02 36V/500W, BB100 free replacement from Toseven.
I ll test and report in two weeks I think.

Eagerly awaiting more news for the DM02, I've had used my TSDZ2B for years now and see this a nice alternative if ever mine breaks down or maybe even replace it if news for it is great good. Hope there's more displays though as I do prefer more minimalist displays like the SW102, and even possibly allow wireless firmware updates via bluetooth.
High Voltage has posted a ride video, shortened by a firmware issue:

I'm waiting for a tear-apart video or photos, to see the construction.

High Voltage has posted a ride video, shortened by a firmware issue:

I'm waiting for a tear-apart video or photos, to see the construction.
Theres a bug that seems to have affected about 1% of motors. Its already fixed and a firmware update on its way to those who developed the issue

.... firmware update on its way to those who developed the issue
Are there plans to publice an English settings guide on the ToSeven website for download?
The same question for download and flashing firmware updates?
Imho this will be very helpful.

Theres a bug that seems to have affected about 1% of motors. Its already fixed and a firmware update on its way to those who developed the issue
Thank you for the information. How unfortunate that an evaluator receives one of the 1%.

Last edited:
Any plans on making firmware updates via bluetooth available? I don't even mind if I have to build the android app myself (already do programming for a living) as long as it's possible if the display has bluetooth (e.g. SW102).

The available settings that can be tweaked in the display is pretty detailed from what I can see, so I can see it pretty good to make it available for editing in an app or to get stats from as I tend to prefer minimalistic displays and just look at the data afterwards in an app.

Hi, I tested new dm02, but it seems same as first motor. TS works, but similar to PAS, start abd five full power, no matter how hard I pedaling. In PAS mode works great. I using PAS mode.

Hi, I tested new dm02, but it seems same as first motor. TS works, but similar to PAS, start abd five full power, no matter how hard I pedaling. In PAS mode works great. I using PAS mode.
And you have changed the sensitivity of torque and PAS as @Olek.x describes here ?

Andibrainer of the German forum did this and his motor no longer works after that.

So it looks we have still no positive review of the DM-02, which imho is a bit dissapointing.
I realize it all are early adopters, so it could be the 1%.
I really hope this will change soon.

I have seen some inside pictures of the DM02 on Discord and imho the mechanical design looks good, as far it is possible to judge from pictures.

Attachments

• dm02f.jpg
    dm02f.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 17
  • dm02e.jpg
    dm02e.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 18
  • dm02d.jpg
    dm02d.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 16
  • dm02c.jpg
    dm02c.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 17
  • dm02b.jpg
    dm02b.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 15
  • dm02a.jpg
    dm02a.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 16
And you have changed the sensitivity of torque and PAS as @Olek.x describes here ?

Andibrainer of the German forum did this and his motor no longer works after that.

So it looks we have still no positive review of the DM-02, which imho is a bit dissapointing.
I realize it all are early adopters, so it could be the 1%.
I really hope this will change soon.

I have seen some inside pictures of the DM02 on Discord and imho the mechanical design looks good, as far it is possible to judge from pictures.
Unfortunately it's only those who had problems that published reviews so far but some distributors who have tested have given us positive feedback. One of the best known is due to publish their review and thoughts soon.

Anyone who has had a problem will get a replacement

Unfortunately it's only those who had problems that published reviews so far ....

Anyone who has had a problem will get a replacement
I understand that in such cases it is probably always the first batch of PSWPower.

Fortunately, there are some positive reviews of the DM01. :)
That's why I'm still positive that after some time it also will happen with the DM02 too.

Last edited:
If I get it right the toseven is:
an expensive Tongsheng without working tourque sensor,
not spare parts aviable and
not free software to tune it for a LEGAL application in the EU or civilised regions?
We all know there will be no free software for end users until someone in EU or US writes on or it leaks from a pissed off To7 employee.
If you try to cange any settings on the display it bricks and you have to beg for a replacement =complain on a large forum or make a Youtube video.
Just 1% of the expensively sold "prototypes" had problems. Exactly this 1% ended up at people openly talking about their experience?
Soon we will get a positive review from a reseller of these products?
Is that what you get, in short?

Maybe you are better off with a usual BAFANG BBSxxx or a real Tongsheng?

@Slowchris11

Has Toseven done something wrong to you?
I don't know why your respons about Toseven the DMxx has so an offensive and negative tone with all these assumptions.
Nobody is perfect from the start and you only can judge if you have experience with it.
Also Tongsheng is far from perfect, success only came after the development of OSF, which is done also from scratch and reverse engineering.

In your case I think it will be better indeed to stay with Bafang or Tongsheng.
Because with such an attitude you will always be dissapointed.

Last edited:
Back