Aprilia Enjoy

tonyontopofabighill said:
Isn't he talking about the same UK supplier of parts that we already know about. I sent him a PM and he sent me a link to the UK supplier ?????

no. i have sent you the link to explain that the price in pounds is about the same in Euros.
I brought the example of the controller. in uk costs 191.85 pounds, while in Italy costs 213 euro.
In the post I wrote that the official prices Aprilia are very close to those of that site. Slightly lower.

I can pick you the parts that you do not find availability. I can not save you millions.

Hey Glen,

Have you seen this site ? It tells you how to use the existing controller units' casing to mount the new chinese controller. I found a heat gun with plenty of elbow grease was the best way to get all the guts out of the old unit. It will give you something to do whilst you are waiting for the the new parts to arrive.
http://myc5.nl/aprilia/eng%20new_controller.htm

CHeers,
Tony.

Thanks Tony, is that what is the go??, and how long are people getting out of Chinese controller. Have any failed quickly or they are good.
Any way I made a 24v setup from two 12 v batteries and powered up bike with new battery setup with a 12v tap off as per original battery , definitely a controller issue as there was no sign of life from bike at all.
I also ran a supply from original battery directly to motor and away she goes, on the centre stand that is. Motor runs well ,no bearing squeals at all, so , two things , the mechanicals all seem good and there is life in original battery, should be ok for testing any ways.
Cheers all
Glen

My 3 Aprilias have all got the chinese controllers and have been running for a few years now with no probs. I find using the old controller casing a good way to go as it is designed to be held in place with 3 screws, one in the frame and 2 either side of the bike through the plastic fairing and into the controller. This holds the fairing and controller all neatly and firmly in place. After I got all the guts out of the old controller I just put a dab of silicone on the back of the new controller and stuck it into the old hollowed out casing and voila!

Another one for sale in Sydney, but a bit pricey.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aprilia-Electric-Bicycle-Bike-/161029208190?pt=AU_Cycling_New_&hash=item257e16b87e&

Ah My one is up and running , did the accelerator twist grip, and new controller, heaps of fun .
Cheers Glen

Good to hear Glen. Remember to go easy on the throttle between gearchanges or the 'box may suffer.

Cheers.

THe Aprilia on ebay went for $799. Was that you who bought it, Ken ?
No, too much for me. There was only one bidder at the reserve suggesting that is about the limit for a working Aprilia, though the turnover is so small it might not indicate much at all.

Hi All,

Here is my Aprilia finally finished with the new mods.

The first thing I did was to fit the Nuvinci hub onto a new velocity rim with a Schwalbe Marathon tyre.
I then fitted a Surly Singleator chain tensioner ( if you do this do not forget to buy an 18mm cone spanner with it because you cannot fit it without one).
I started with a 16 tooth rear sprocket on the Nuvinci hub but this gearing was way too high. It was fantastic on the flat but no good for big hills. I then went to a 20 tooth rear sprocket and this is spot on! The Nuvinci hub is a delight to use, it is so smooth and is very quiet on the go and there is no noise when changing gears.
The front forks have been replaced with Rockshox XC28 units. These shocks were only $149 so are entry level shocks but better than the originals.
I have fitted front and rear shimano hydraulic brakes and they really do work a treat compared to the original v-brakes.
The electric motor has been rewound and seems quite strong . It makes more noise since the rewind so it sounds more powerful than before (wishful thinking most probably)
Of course the original controller has been replaced with the chinese replacement as well as 3 Turnigy Lipo batteries giving me 17.6 amp hours of battery life .I charge the batteries up to 32.8 volts (Lilo aetting) and so far they have been used nearly every day for about 18 months. I only balance charge them about once a month.
There is a twist throttle for the power and no PAS on this this bad boy.

So there it is, another Aprilia Enjoy that has been modified.
Please excuse the paint job and decals but I do love the Ducati/Aprilia motorcycle look.

Cheers,
Tony.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 1,557
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 1,557
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 1,557
Tony it looks great. Front forks complete it.

Nuvinci is a great way to stop the backlash at gear changes I suspect. Could be the secret to keeping these bikes from stripping more gears at high power.

Well done mate.

My gear box parts arrived so its time to rebuild my grey city and sell her off. These bikes are the best allrounder but I need to finish my offroad dual suspension.

Hi All,

The first thing I did was to fit the Nuvinci hub onto a new velocity rim with a Schwalbe Marathon tyre.
I then fitted a Surly Singleator chain tensioner ( if you do this do not forget to buy an 18mm cone spanner with it because you cannot fit it without one).
I started with a 16 tooth rear sprocket on the Nuvinci hub but this gearing was way too high. It was fantastic on the flat but no good for big hills. I then went to a 20 tooth rear sprocket and this is spot on! The Nuvinci hub is a delight to use, it is so smooth and is very quiet on the go and there is no noise when changing gears.
The front forks have been replaced with Rockshox XC28 units. These shocks were only $149 so are entry level shocks but better than the originals.
I have fitted front and rear shimano hydraulic brakes and they really do work a treat compared to the original v-brakes.
The electric motor has been rewound and seems quite strong . It makes more noise since the rewind so it sounds more powerful than before (wishful thinking most probably)
Of course the original controller has been replaced with the chinese replacement as well as 3 Turnigy Lipo batteries giving me 17.6 amp hours of battery life .I charge the batteries up to 32.8 volts (Lilo aetting) and so far they have been used nearly every day for about 18 months. I only balance charge them about once a month.
There is a twist throttle for the power and no PAS on this this bad boy.

So there it is, another Aprilia Enjoy that has been modified.
Please excuse the paint job and decals but I do love the Ducati/Aprilia motorcycle look.

Cheers,
Tony.

The pin assignments for the v-brakes can be removed by unscrewing them. This applies to the rock shox and to the rear fork.

Just noticed this Ebay entry for Aprilia spares..
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Genuine-Aprilia-Enjoy-City-Racing-Electric-Bike-Ratchet-Bevel-Gear-AP8000162-/170868472007?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item27c88df8c7
Ratchet Bevel Gear AP8000162 $65
$T2eC16FHJFoE9nh6m+QqBP6yc!sr1Q~~60_12.JPG

Business seller information
Aprilia-Vecchio
27 Knowle Lane
Kimberley
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG16 2QA
United Kingdom

Their on line store with many Enjoy parts ( pages 45-46)
http://stores.ebay.com.au/aprilia-vecchio/Aprilia-Parts-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=3108097018&_sid=1054624098&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=45
Is this the same vendor you guys have used before ?..

Hi All,
Looks pretty. Was it always that colour?
It will be interesting to see how much your bike sells for as it a fully "sorted" bike.
Yes, it ought to be worth more than the last one on ebay.
I think I have burnt out another motor!!!!!!!!!!
That is depressing, especially as it is winter and all. Those temperatures you measured previously looked high but being seeing as we can't get close to the windings there is too much guesswork for them to be very useful.

Another spares place I haven't seen mentioned here is http://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Aprilia&T=Bici%20elettrica%20%20--%20%20--%20%20Enjoy&Y=2001&L=AP_BE1&O=Engine%20i&F=AP_BE1_AS&L2=AP_BE1_AS . The pricing is about the same as http://www.apriliagenuineparts.co.uk/components.php?hdnCatalogueID=22 but they do shipping by sea for 37 Euro which is a good saving if you aren't in a hurry. It looks like the best source for a torque sensor if I can get a way to use the signal and can't get one from someone here. I'm not having as much success with the Speedict as I'd hoped so I haven't got a way to use the torque signal yet.

My new gears arrived.

The Spiral AP8000162 gear is unlikely to ever wear re: the ebay sale. AP8000149 is the one that gets hammered on WOT takeoffs.

Yep, I have done it again alright. Burnt out another motor, and it is the one I just had rewound. One thing I did notice was that I had the temperature sensor mounted on the outside of the motor the same as the other bike but I noticed this motor got a lot hotter than the other one.I know that it is not a real reflection of the temperature inside the casing but it is a good means of cmparison. Anyway I pulled out the motor/gearbox and separated the motor. As soon as I opened it up I could smell the burning that had happened inside.I showed it to the auto electrician mate and he said I had well and truly cooked it. I had noticed that the temperature had gotten up to 94 C just before it started to smoke.
I am going back to plan A of NOT riding up my big hill and then I think it will last for quite a while. It will give me a bit more leg exercise as well.
I don't think you guys should use my experience too much as a guide unless you have to ride up a "killer" hill like me, especially at the end of an hours' ride.

Those colours are my doing Ken. I used KRYTON plastic paint aerosols and white pin striping. I used to ride a Ducati Pantah with these colours.

Cheers,
Tony.

29.6 Volts
The 94 C is only right at the end of the ride up my very big hill and after the bike is stopped and left to sit for a couple of minutes. On most of the ride the temperature is only about 40C and only after it has warmed up after a few klms.

Back