Aussie Perth Group Ride Hillarys2FreoCoastRide.

sico

100 W
Who is up for a Perth group ride on a Saturday in February?

As you can see I've kept the subject of this post pretty open, I will edit as appropriate if people chime in with preferences.

The default ride will take us around the river from Garret Rd bridge, across the narrows and back on the other side through South Perth. That can change along with the time and date if there is a consensus ... the main plan is to be inclusive and meet up to ride and chat about ebikes :) Beer often provides some common ground too :wink:

I hope the usual crew can come on one of these dates and times.

There are at least 3 ebikers who I've met and chatted to in between East Perth and the river on my commute who might be watching this, and I would encourage them to sign up and come along, it's been a great day on the two times I've been! :D

I'll start the ball rolling by expressing a preference for the 11th at 3pm. I'm pretty relaxed about the timing though.

Let me know what you all think.

Simon.

I'd love to- if my new bits arrive soon! Cellman posted them a couple of days ago so we shall see. I'll know when I know!

I'm going to be busy on the 4th but the other two days are good. Were we not headed for the beach? It would be a fair trek out from Garrett Bridge, but certainly doable. I won't take Kat's new e-bike for this one :lol ;)

dingoEsride said:
Sounds doable for me, my bikes in bits (well not too many) atm and yeah Chris don't bring the gay one

To be fair, it is a girls bike, and she is a girl, and the only gay part was me test riding it... :shock: :oops: :lol: Still, she looks pretty hot on it :D

Haha, the Liberace bike is welcome, as long as there is a willing rider :wink:

You better get your bike back together then Mark :) And you Andy. 8)

jonescg said:
I'm going to be busy on the 4th but the other two days are good. Were we not headed for the beach? It would be a fair trek out from Garrett Bridge, but certainly doable. I won't take Kat's new e-bike for this one :lol ;)

Well I'm willing and able to ride to the beach and back from Garret road but others may not be? There was a rumoured plan of starting from Scarborough and riding to Freo and back and I'm game for that as well. I just put that in as a place holder that's known to work but can change.

Simon.

sico said:
You better get your bike back together then Mark :) And you Andy. 8)

Yeah yeah. Come on, it has only been broken for a few weeks.... wouldn't be right to have it running again in less than a couple of months- that just wouldn't be the ES way....

Good on you Simon for organising a group ride.
I can only make it on the 18th of Feb due to work on the other days.
No probs if you go on the 4th or 11th.
Cheers,
Matt.

Hi Matt, with you and Chris able to make the 18th, I'll edit the subject to indicate that. Haven't heard from AJ, Paul or Richard so hopefully they can make that day.

Still keen for input on the route, though around the river will be fun if we can't come up with a different idea that suits everyone. There's still plenty of time to change our minds at this stage ... :)

Cheers,

Simon.

I'll be up for the Perth 18th Feb ride, meet all the local crew.

Will have to get my bike presentable.
I'm not fussed on the route - have ute, will travel..

Greg

Looks like the 18th then. As long as I'm not working I'll be there!

I'm in if I can get a lift, need to speak with Matt and/or Richard about that ;)
Not fussed on the route, always fun catching up with you motley crew haha...

OT: I got pulled over by the police yesterday arvo, thankfully I wasn't doing 70 clicks lol...I had just pulled into dedicated bike lane to wait for the girlfriend to catch up she was following me in her car, the officers were very nice, one took pics of the bike with his phone, commented several times how impressive the bike was but, was nit legal as the motor was primary source of Power not "assist" he was right up on the e-bike law. End result my details were taken and they wished me a good afternoon and let me go :)
The senior officer did suggest taking the bike to the "pits" and try to get a letter stating the bike is legal for me to ride, shall look into this, but not too confident of them giving me the " nod" to ride it as anelectric bicycle /OT rant

KiM

sico said:
Haven't heard from AJ, Paul or Richard so hopefully they can make that day.

Still keen for input on the route, though around the river will be fun if we can't come up with a different idea that suits everyone. There's still plenty of time to change our minds at this stage ... :)

Would love to go, but "somebody" was without a charger for a while, and did not use his bike... In it self that's ok, except that same "somebody" left every thing connected for 3 or 4 weeks, to find a 48v, 20ah pack at 4V :evil: :evil: :evil: I had just doubled the pack capacity, before our last ride.
will see if i can fix or replace it before then.
I did have a book with Perth bike routes, but I'm not sure where it is, probably lent it out. :oops:

Richard

AussieJester said:
I'm in if I can get a lift, need to speak with Matt and/or Richard about that ;)
Not fussed on the route, always fun catching up with you motley crew haha...

OT: I got pulled over by the police yesterday arvo, thankfully I wasn't doing 70 clicks lol...I had just pulled into dedicated bike lane to wait for the girlfriend to catch up she was following me in her car, the officers were very nice, one took pics of the bike with his phone, commented several times how impressive the bike was but, was nit legal as the motor was primary source of Power not "assist" he was right up on the e-bike law. End result my details were taken and they wished me a good afternoon and let me go :)
The senior officer did suggest taking the bike to the "pits" and try to get a letter stating the bike is legal for me to ride, shall look into this, but not too confident of them giving me the " nod" to ride it as anelectric bicycle /OT rant

KiM

Phew! wipes the sweat from his brows, glad just a warning mate, they would have to be right a holes to book you,
see how you go for a lift, my van would fit a few bikes in just gotto rig up a few tie down stays to strap the handle bars down, downside only two legal passengers,
location is open also, Indian ocean beach scarbs to hillaries and return, something river anything would be cool
mark

Rambo: 200w is the law for an ebike around here, search for aussie 200w thread to find out more.

AJ and Dingo, I agree that you would have to be a wnker to bust someone for not having the primary source as pedalling in this situation, so glad you met a policeman with some common sense and compassion.

Richard I have the same lipo setup and you are looking at $400 + delivery to get your ebike back on the road :cry: Could be worse, and hopefully the group ride will spark you to get back into it .... I'm riding my new dually that I assembled over the holidays and I've been very pleased with the extra range (15ah->20ah). Just a bit hot is all :?

I'm glad a bunch of people can make it, its shaping up nicely.

Re: beach ride -- how about if we plan for a beach ride within a few of weeks of the river ride, we can discuss on the day.

Cheers,

Simon

Excellent Paul, it should be a good day. How is the M3 going, will it be ready for the 18th? :)

We need to decide the time ... if we do 11am we could end up at the golf club for lunch, or if 3pm maybe a barbie at Garret bridge afterwards?

Simon

AussieJester said:

KiM

Hey AussieJester, would it be possible to hook up a motor that would make your pedals turn? I am not sure of your level of movement, but if you velcroed or simililar your feet to a pair of motorised pedals, it would "look" like you are pedalling.... Forgive me if this comes under one if the "******IST" categories... I just want all of us to continue as long as possible under the radar.... Not looking forward to when ebikes are considered under "hoon" laws.... Also, no cop is a "good" cop, there are very specific rules about whom "they" allow to be police, otherwise they'd be bakers or plumbers or something.... Y'know, contributing to the good of society, not protecting and serving the coffers....

Yup the police officers were good, i can turn the pedals no probs, can actually ride the bike on flat ground without motor, not for long or fast but can move it ;)

I'm deifnately in for the ride thanks for the offers to pick me up guys, Matt P has kindly volunteered to grab me and get me to the river on the day, looking forward to catching up with ya'll i been a lil scarce on the forum of late new relationship and all, haven't riddien the bike since the cops busted me either, I charged it up yesterday so shes ready to go, soon as we get a cool day its been too bloody hot for me, floating around in the pool is much more appealing in this weather...

cyas all there

KiM

p.s I have 200watt stickers available now, those after them, pm me, can bring them on the day or post them lemme know which you prefer...

Just a thought... Would something like 9am be better for avoiding some of the heat? I'm up for the river ride and time is not that important- just was thinking of the heat factor.

That sounds like an alright proposition to me, is that too early for anyone? We could compromise on 10am?

I just found out there's a chance I might not make it as I might be going Hobart then Wellington over that weekend at short notice for work ... :| It will be a good trip if it works out, but bummer about missing the group ride.

I'll post here when I know whether I can make it or not.

Simon.

Alright I'm good for the group ride :)

I've made the time 10am since no one except Andy has expressed a preference. I hope that suits everyone, but chime in if its a problem.

Simon.

Sounds good. Hope my bike is good for it!

Back