Aussie Perth Group Ride Hillarys2FreoCoastRide.

Anytime is good for me, early if it is going to be hot but arvo has appeal also, I did a similar ride from my place (near the Tonkin bridge Bays) to narrows and back last saterday missing leggo land (Belmont buildings) with my cousin in toe, around 35 km's and battery just reaching lvc on a not full charge(lifepo4) but with pedal and strong headwind west

sico said:
Excellent Paul, it should be a good day. How is the M3 going, will it be ready for the 18th?
Yep should be a cracker, i hope you can make it, it'd be great to see your new dually!

Nah the M3 is a long way from finished, i've got to finish the last customer frame before i can start cutting up the M3 or Norco or my girlfriend's dually / mac build.

BTW my Specialized is for sale minus battery if anyone is interested, feel free to hit me up for a test ride on the group ride :)
$1000 ono, will deliver anywhere in Perth area :wink:

Paul :D

guys, I am worried about AJ. ! :eek:
his post rate is down to a trickle, i suspect his build rate is even lower, and he even admits to not riding his bike much lately ! :shock:
If AJ doesnt show for this ride, i think you are going to send in a "snatch squad" as i suspect he is being held hostage and subjected to some serious physical abuse , probably even being deprived of the essentials for life ( beer, chips, TV, and ES Forum browsing ! ) whilst his bodily fluids are slowly being drained. ! :shock:
Be ready Westcoasters ! ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

^^^^ ROFLMFAO ... ill be there, definitely not being "deprived" of beer well..bourbon actually, the lady (Karan) is a drinker :p
its the "honeymoon" period and my nut sack is definitely suffering as a result...the build rate hasn't slowed its fuckin stopped
I have started to migrate my workshop will take a while i'll be continuing the winding of theTurnigy CA-120 this week though, as all my
elecitrical gear is here now, workbench coming this week along with bender and chromo, i'm slowly getting back to 'normal' and
my workshop will be bigger than before HEAP more room WooTz

I took the bike out last night for the first time since i got pulled over
to the bottle shop :mrgreen: the girlfriend was too drunk to drive, footpath all the
way didnt get over 30 clicks i also stuck a couple of '200 watt stickers on the motor for good measure before i left, hahaha
I really miss riding the thing, the missus is hell scared when i ride it to, but still so very encouraging and understands "why" i like it.
bikes on charge now and i have every intention of caning the crappers out of it in 40 minutes... :mrgreen: :twisted:

I haven't stopped watching the forums, yup my post count is down of late Hillhater and likely will be for sometime too come, im
sure many will rejoice at that, im only a hgundred or so shy of 9000 posts, hell lot of dribble HAHAHA...

I WILL catch yas all on the ride, lookin forward to it...

KiM

p.s i shall be gearing the cruiser up a tad too, seeing i don't live in hill territory anymore, 85 clicks WOT bois...bring it WA frock bois :p

p.s.s shall have 200 watt sticker available on the group ride 5 bucks for a pair seeing no postage involved (usually 6 for 2 including postage) have both
the Chinese and English versions available Paul (Timma) i have yours courtesy of Jay ::wink::

Figured AJ was too busy rootin to post on ES :p

I'll be there. Same bat place? No dramas on where we ride or how far. I'll bring the charger anyways.

So has the time and place been decided on yet? Is it the carpark by the rowing club?

I'll be there at the start but not the ride- unfortunately my motor gets too hot too quickly- I need a new stator for it.

:cry:

10 am, Saturday morning at the Garratt Bridge park.

I just realised I will be visiting a scooter shop in Joondalup that morning. They have offered me one day a week working on electric scooters and e-bikes. I'm just going to see what's going on, but I'm investigating ways of starting my new career in electric vehicles.

I will see if I can bump the visit a bit later in the day.

jonescg said:
10 am, Saturday morning at the Garratt Bridge park.

I just realised I will be visiting a scooter shop in Joondalup that morning. They have offered me one day a week working on electric scooters and e-bikes. I'm just going to see what's going on, but I'm investigating ways of starting my new career in electric vehicles.

I will see if I can bump the visit a bit later in the day.

Bugger hopefully you can still come.

Too bad Andy, but do you have a CA? If you did you could dial the amps down on the spot. I run my Mac on 20A (good for my beer gut) and obviously never have heating issues at that rate.

AJ: Sounds like love to me mate. :p

Paul, that is a steal at that price and I see you sold it straight away - to a local I hope?

OK the weather looks like its going to be fine so its all shaping up well. On reflection an afternoon start would be better but too late to change now so see you all there! :)

Simon.

Yeah, can't make the start of the ride unfortunately.

However, let me know where you are stopping for beers and lunch etc, and I will try to get along and catch up then.

Cheers
CHRIS

I'm sorry fellas i am unable to make the trip, totally forgot a planned trip south with the lady, only reminded of it
last night... :-( Guttered i can't make it, was so looking forward to a ride around the river with you fellas... have fun take heap of vids...

KiM

Hate to say it but i can't show up either. I sold my Specialized earlier in the week and will be in the shed tomorrow working on 3 different frames - one for an ES member, one for my better half / Mac build and my Intense M3 / HT3525 frame.

Simon - yeah i could have put a little more $ on it but that'd make it harder to sell and i really need the cash at the moment. Plus it went to a good home, Dingo (Mark) took it off my hands to use in the bush and hopefully the odd group ride so i'll still get to see her.

Anywho, have a great ride boys and i'll catch ya's for sure on the next ride :)

I'm assuming we're going to organise another group ride before the shitty winter weather gets here?

Timma2500 said:
Hate to say it but i can't show up either. I sold my Specialized earlier in the week and will be in the shed tomorrow working on 3 different frames - one for an ES member, one for my better half / Mac build and my Intense M3 / HT3525 frame.

Simon - yeah i could have put a little more $ on it but that'd make it harder to sell and i really need the cash at the moment. Plus it went to a good home, Dingo (Mark) took it off my hands to use in the bush and hopefully the odd group ride so i'll still get to see her.

Anywho, have a great ride boys and i'll catch ya's for sure on the next ride :)

I'm assuming we're going to organise another group ride before the shitty winter weather gets here?

Hey Paul, It'd be a bummer if you couldn't go cause you don't have a bike to ride, if you've got batts you can certainly use the Speshy, we could do with some more now that a few can't make it :(

mark

No worries lads, I'll be there at 10am.

The benefit of a small group is that we can do a more spontaneous route :) Maybe even down to the sea and back.

Chris, I don't have a mobile phone but if you pm your number I can get someone to call you at lunch time ... unless everyone else on the ride is also a luddite. :? :wink:

I'll be going to a nephews b/day party tonite but wont miss the ride, my no. is 0412446581 if Chris or anyone wants to join in on the drinks break
mark

Hey guys - anyone able to text me your planned route before you set out? I probably can't make the start but may be able to catch up along the way or at the break.

If so, please pm and I'll provide mobile #

Thanks.

I'll be there to send you guys off. Be good to have a look at a few other bikes!

Yes, I do have a CA but even limited to 20A it still gets hot- I clearly burnt the windings good and proper.

Marshie: might be best if you just contact dingo when you are free and we'll let you know where we are. I was planning a simple ride around the river but since everyone pulled out I thought we could be a bit more spontaneous. We'll see what the people who turn up with working bikes want to do when we arrive.

Andy, if the motors stuffed you might as well run it to destruction right? :wink: You never know it might be fine.

Mean time I was riding home from my mates in Canningvale last night and the clutch started locking on my mac, so I now have no freewheel. Is this typical and can I expect critical failiure in the near future? Find out at the group ride in about 1/2 hour! :roll:

Ended that there were 5 riders on the day, Andynogo did show with a no go bike, motor issue View attachment 2
The usual ride to Narrows bridge crossover and back and a deserved beer break at Maylands golf club minus 1000w Matt who was called away, good to see you again Mattrr18212c.jpeg
Gregory left Marshy (Damion) and Sico Simonrr18212d.jpeg
same but with me in,
Thanks Simon for putting the effort to organize this ride, a coastal or old railway ride will also be welcomed
cheers all
mark

Good to see you boys had a good ride. Me and the boy went for a ride around that area with him on his little scooter and me on my ailing bike... at least I had a bit of a ride!

Next time I'll be there with bells on- but next time Mark, can you bring your camera that makes us look a bit slimmer not fatter? :shock:

That's much better, thanks. Now I just have to find mirrors for my house that will do the same thing.

Haha, thanks to everyone who turned up, it was a good ride and catch up at the golf club after. Looking forward to the next one and yes, I think we need to expand our horizons beyond this river route (which is great but somewhere different would be nice).

Simon.

Thanks boys for an enjoyable ride and the chat over some sherbets. Looking forward to next ride (hopefully with bigger or supplementary battery pack).

I was very pleased that I didn't run out of juice on the way home because the headwind along the river was almost as bad as it gets.

Hi guys,

I missed this after AJ pointed me to it didn't read my PM in time, but like him couldn't make it anyway.

The beach ride Hillarys/Scarborough vice versa sounds good, and not just because I'm 12mins mostly downhills to Hillarys, or 10km of battery saving puffing to Scarborough. Could probably do the ride on 5Ah, but carry 10Ah to be safe. I was about to change off the rear slick for a r/t tyre, so if anyone is interested sooner than later, let me know I'll leave it on a bit longer.

Is anyone interested in a leisurely battery endurance Hillarys to Freo and return ride? (~66km) Took 2hrs leisurely with the MTB leader's xmas pudding heart about to pop on some hills in the 35decC shaded temp, return 90min on roadie mostly by myself with some issues stops for the other guy on roadie, his first ride out for ages and his legs quit on the return so he bailed to the train. Lots of motor cooling and battery saving coasting possible, if you don't mind making a half day of it. The scenery can be exquisite ;)

OK, I edited the title to put that idea out there. People can join in and do whichever part of the journey suits them - what do you reckon fellas?

I'll edit the subject to reflect peoples availability and ideas on time, date and where they'd like to start. :)

Simon.

Back