• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Awesome DIY ebike

Remus

100 W
Hi all,

I don't know if you've all seen this yet, if not check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4SSdrwiQAM

Its a very impressive looking diy ebike.

I've love to know how the guy did it. And what it cost.

Similar to cyclone/elation/eco-speed using a through-the-crank drive. 17 miles using 9-1/2 aH of battery. Cheap Schwinn S-750 "stand-up" scooter motor with a freewheeling jackshaft. Motor is narrower than the Cyclone, I like it, hope he posts here soon...

0.jpg

Nice mounting system and all but as spinningmagnets suggests, its nothing
that hasn't been done before...Pity hes chosen to use a cheap ass brushed
Unite motor instead of the cyclone brushless variant ...

KiM

I have not found the guys build notes anywhere online, only what you see in the youtube video. I think its great that someone can have the skills to do stuff like that with their hands.

I'm currently saving up for my first cyclone-tw kit and should have the cash in a few weeks.

I've got plans to get a better freewheel from sickbikeparts.com as an upgrade. I've also seen people say I should put caps across the leads from the battery to cut down on the emf noise, anybody know if thats easy to do with parts from dicksmith ?

steve.

There is no need for extra caps unless your getting interference issues with other electronics (CA seems immune). MrBill only did this mod so his Powertap hub dyno had less line ripple which was causing it to drop out.

look sturdy. i was thinking of doing something like that with my cyclone motor.

seems quieter than the planetary gb of the cyclone though

Back