Battery Experts : 12v Lead Acid Testing & Types Mystery

E-Moto Tuner

100 mW
I have a tester that needs some info on the battery to work - It asks to ::

1) "select standard" which is 1 of the following : CCA, BCI, CA, MCA, JIS, DIN, IEC, EN, SAE.

2) "select battery Rat1ns" (which seems to be the CCA for the battery).

The 12v lead acid ebike batteries I'm trying to test don't show that info. Does anyone know the standard and cca for these?
Here's pics of the batteries :

Attachments

• tianneng battery.jpg
    tianneng battery.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 6
  • xupai battery.jpg
    xupai battery.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 6
I have a tester that needs some info on the battery to work - It asks to ::

1) "select standard" which is 1 of the following : CCA, BCI, CA, MCA, JIS, DIN, IEC, EN, SAE.

2) "select battery Rat1ns" (which seems to be the CCA for the battery).

The 12v lead acid ebike batteries I'm trying to test don't show that info. Does anyone know the standard and cca for these?
Here's pics of the batteries :
What range is allowed by your tester?

May not work for smaller 12V batteries. I don't think a 22.5Ah battery can achieve a CCA rating of 100A.
Tester says it works for 4ah-100ah battery including smaller motorcycle and powersport batteries for comparrison/reference Ninja 300 battery for instance is 6-8ah and 120-135cca) but I need to input the standard type and cca which it doesn't state on the batteries.

Last edited:

I don't know every one of those, but some of them don't make sense to me in this context. I think you are probably going to need more info on what exactly they mean by this.

CCA could be cold-cranking amps, which is the only thing that makes sense in a battery testing context out of all of these, but could stand for something else here.

BCI ?

CA ?

MCA ?

JIS Japanese Industrial Standards

Japanese Industrial Standards - Wikipedia

DIN Deutsches Institut für Normung (such as in DIN rail connections)

IEC International Electrotechnical Commission (in context as used for defining connectors, such as what is sometimes just called the IEC connector, which is what you find on many computer-style wall-AC cords at the back of the computer power supply).

EN ?

SAE Society of Automotive Engineers

A google search on the entire set of acronyms
finds this page as the first hit
But the table there doesn't make any sense to me as it gives no units, or any reasoning for the conversions, etc.

Search on this phrase, substituting each of the acronyms in your list:
SAE battery testing standard

Back