Best price on 9c rH212 hub motor? Direct buy from China?

https://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/motors/rear/rh212-std.html
where can I get best price on similar motor above? I am not in a rush so if there is a chinese place that sells directly that is fine too.
manufacturer is 9 continents and model RH212.

http://www.9continent.com/nkt/products_show.asp?id=96
going to try emailing company directly. any other ideas?

Usually you end up paying more for shipping then the motor itself. You can reduce the cost of shipping a hub motor by just buying the motor itself, unlaced then you can purchase a good rim and good spokes rather then all the other sellers generic crap.

Last time I checked out ebikes.ca their shipping prices were astonishingly cheap but I live about 1200km away from them in the next province over, so not sure how much their shipping calculator would cost out to ship to USA or Europe. Also, their spokes and rims are all top quality and their wheel builder guy builds good hub motor wheels. Also its about quality control and customer service, ebikes.ca is top notch in those departments too. You'd be rest assured they test the motors before they are shipped.

Where are you located?

This gentleman has already posted this question on ES Facebook page and has expressed his desire to not conduct any business with ebikes.ca. Although many others have stated how important quality assurance and customer service is when buying e-bike components and the overall satisfaction when dealing with ebikes.ca, this gentleman is not interested in doing business with them due to their higher markup. It would appear his only interest, as stated in the title, is the lowest cost.

I buy from China, things that can’t be found here, because there is no other options. Then I accept long shipping delays, uncertain shipping and custom fees, along with the lack of quality control, support or guarantee.

This gentleman has already posted this question on ES Facebook page and has expressed his desire to not conduct any business with ebikes.ca. Although many others have stated how important quality assurance and customer service is when buying e-bike components and the overall satisfaction when dealing with ebikes.ca, this gentleman is not interested in doing business with them due to their higher markup. It would appear his only interest, as stated in the title, is the lowest cost.

I wonder if he realizes Justin who owns/operates ebikes.ca provides this forum!

For me, it is worth a couple bucks to support the guy who has done more for ebikes than anyone :).

You can always get a volimart 1,500 watt with free shipping. That's on the other end of the spectrum.
Shipping from China is tough and maybe just bare motors for the price and spoke up a rim yourself.

where can I get best price on similar motor above? I am not in a rush so if there is a chinese place that sells directly that is fine too.
manufacturer is 9 continents and model RH212.
You could probably save money by buying it at the ebikes.ca price. At least you'd get support if something went wrong. China to consumer deals go wrong more often than they go right.

The motor is $325 laced into a wheel and this isn't all that expensive anyway.
( remember the early 2010's when you'd be spending $1000 on a kit with components we'd consider crappy today? )

Back