BIONX uses power going down hill

Aconite

1 mW
I have a 2010 Trek Valencia+ and just had the motor replaced under warranty. The new motor is showing some behavior that I did not notice with the old motor.

First, which is quite nice, I notice that the regen is stronger than the old motor had. I had set the maximum number for regen in the console and I found the old motor a lot weaker with regen than this new motor .... and yes, I know a lot of you guys don't like regen ... but that is another topic ...

I don't usually use regen mode going downhill because I like the speed and gathering enough momentum at the bottom of my first hill to coast up and over the next hill. It's a free ride for about 2 km.

However, I have noticed that going downhill with the new motor, the console starts to show that I am using power, even though I am not pedalling. Even if I set the assistance level to zero (no assistance). The console is showing I am using batter power, not charging the battery. This happens when I reach about 37 km/h and faster.

Is this usual? I was not seeing this with my old motor because it was not working right? Or does this new motor have some issue with it as well?

Nobody replied, but I thought I would leave a note just in case someobody is searching for the same answer.

I contacted Bionx. They told me that I only needed a firmware upgrade. When my dealer replaced my motor, they never did a firmware upgrade (because he does not have the updater device).

I found a shop that has the Bionx updater and had my firmware updated.

Problem solved.

Back