BMS confusion and other ???s

bmsb can't give battery postage costs. They give one when you order, but the small print makes it quite clear that another shipping cost bill will follow. At the point of ordering just weight and size determine quote, but in fact only one carrier will ship the batteries and they are not on the automatic quotation system. I recently had $70 postage added 6 weeks after placing the order. A typical dispatch time for them.

d8veh said:
Ykick said:
IME, BMSB shipping costs went totally crazy a couple months ago....
I found the same thing. I think something went wrong with their shipping cost calculator on the new website. I emailed them about it and told them that they wouldn't sell anything with those costs. I never got a reply, but about a week later their shipping costs mysteriously went back down to about what they were before.

Thanks for that - will login and give it a look. I chatted with somebody when 1st happened and they were not sympathetic IMO.

Please remember folks - China will close from Feb. 10 till Feb. 26, 2014 for Chinese Lunar New Year Holiday.

I've decided to go with golden motor in Toronto and get the Smart Pie. Ive been reading nothing but good things about it. One thing I love is regen braking but I hate the drag gearless motors create when peddling. This motor's lesser diameter, when compared to larger gearless hubs, produces very little. Seems like the Smart Pie is a good compromise for me in that respect. It' will also be nearly silent compared to geared (important to me) and wont have any gears to potentially cause issues. All for the same amount of money and a whole lot less hassle and uncertainty when ordering from China.

999zip999 said:
Canada try ebikes.ca a Canadian company. Top notch. Customer support and Justin's brain comes with it.

Thank you for the link, I have read wonderful things about Justin. I went through some setups and configurations at that site and still couldnt come up with a combo that matched the value for money I would get with the Smart Pie and their 48v10ah aluminum cased batt.

Ive been reading more and more about the Smart Pie and I really like what I read from other users who have posted reviews. Seems like it is a fantastic trouble free little motor. Also, the guy that runs goldenmotor.ca, Gary Salo, has been wonderful to deal with over the last few years and the two MP3 bikes I have built.

Back