Check out this funky design

wturber said:
amberwolf said:
If it was a little closer I'd probably go pick it up.

Yeah - I've thought the same thing myself. But I figured it wasn't worth getting killed and having my wife charged with my murder, so I just look at it as "gold" for someone else. Besides, it would probably cost almost as much in gas as he's asking for the bike. :^)

I

I commend your restraint, with my lack of willpower I'd be hitchhiking over to the scrapyard with a patchkit and a crescent wrench attempting to pedal the thing home, $15.00 Ebike project is hard to pass up.

Raisedeyebrows said:
I commend your restraint, with my lack of willpower I'd be hitchhiking over to the scrapyard with a patchkit and a crescent wrench attempting to pedal the thing home, $15.00 Ebike project is hard to pass up.
If I didn't already have a handful of motors I'm not using, and a few bike frames and most of the other stuff needed to make whole bikes, I'd've figured out a plan to go get it. :)

I was very tempted when I saw the post above...it's just too much time out of the little I have off from work each week to use up on it, when I already have too many projects I can't work on due to lack of time.

Also...I'd probably come home with more than just the bike; filling up the trailer and/or trike with whatever would fit that I "might" be able to use. :lol:

amberwolf said:
Raisedeyebrows said:
If I didn't already have a handful of motors I'm not using, and a few bike frames and most of the other stuff needed to make whole bikes, I'd've figured out a plan to go get it. :)

I was very tempted when I saw the post above...it's just too much time out of the little I have off from work each week to use up on it, when I already have too many projects I can't work on due to lack of time.

Also...I'd probably come home with more than just the bike; filling up the trailer and/or trike with whatever would fit that I "might" be able to use. :lol:

I undoubtedly would have spotted a bunch of pieces of metal I would have just HAD to have too.

Went to the garden store for a few flowers today, that St. Vinnies sign next door drew me in like flypaper. Ended up spending $3.00 on an old Waring "Ice Cream Parlor" Ice cream maker, which was in such nice shape I decided to skip the plug in test, what could go wrong right? Well instead of frozen ice cream, it was FROZEN MOTOR (suprise suprise). As often is the case we pay in another currency which this time was an hour of my time taking the thing completely apart and finally chucking the motor shaft up in the cordless drill turning it for a minute, did the trick. First batch of ice cream turned out great....Coconut Pineapple.

The $15.00 Ebike could have easily turned into a 30 hour tinkering project just like that.

$15 ebike project would be taking the motor off, opening it up and seeing if its cooked (d.d) or chewed gears (geared motor) chucking the rest, maybe keeping the controller, maybe. Total time invested on inspection 20 minutes, hoping the cover metric bolts are not stripped.

Like Amberwolf suggested, if the drum brake hub is any good it probably has more value than the hub motor. But either is worth more than $15 if functional.

Back