Cycle Analyst Trip Analysis Software (now Online Sharing!)

EEDan1010101 said:
Can anyone help me out. The trip analyzer does not let me view acceleration or torque data. There is no option under my graph why?

Hi Dan, can you post here your actual CA log file that you uploaded to get these graphs? The additional row of buttons should show up automatically whenever a V3 CA log file is uploaded, and it should be hidden whenever it sees that the data is from a V2 CA log file, since that info isn't output from the V2 CA devices.

-Justin

Not sure if it's related to what Dan was saying, but the graph doesn't update to show whatever is selected. The 'timeline' graph at the bottom changes, but can't see any additional plots on the main graph regardless of what's selected. Example - The screenshot attached should be showing volts and speed but only shows speed.

When I accidentally dragged my mouse across the graph, I noticed it changes the x-axis legend...
But it also leaves those mysterious parallel dots you can see, that randomly appear when I keep dragging across the graph! - what are they?

nolines.png

Bump - still doesn't appear to be working in Chrome / IE. Even with all the inputs unselected, the graph doesn't change.
Even the example data when the page first loads isn't working.... is it working for anyone else or is it just me?

(Ignore the 2nd paragraph of the above post, I can't replicate it now)

EDIT: The left alignment seems to be back again, as per back here
Image attached

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,595
Mac or Windows?

I'll have a play when i get home. I have all combos. Can see if it is a generic or isolated to your setup.
#

well just d/loaded and installed Chrome on my Win XP Sp3 machine in the workshop
it works fine for me with Chrome and XP

My home machine is now a mac. but I do have Win 7 and Win 8 laptops, always kept as clean installs...Old freebie laptops with craqcked screens and no batteries, but I keep them for this sort of testing.

but probably be later in the day for me ..tomorrow morning for you before I get home to test

Ascoro said:
Bump - still doesn't appear to be working in Chrome / IE. Even with all the inputs unselected, the graph doesn't change.
Even the example data when the page first loads isn't working.... is it working for anyone else or is it just me?

Hi Ascoro, can you try doing a full refresh of the browser cache, and if that's not doing anything can you upload the log file you're trying to study as an attachment here so that we can check if there is any data corruption? I've just recently been uploading both plain CA files and also combined CA + GPS files and studying them without issue.

This project has been a bit dormant for the last few months, but we'll be kicking it back into gear come March, in large part to allow a single KMZ file format rather than needing two separate files when you want the GPS coordinates.

While you are at it, Justin, ...

any chance of adding a channel for the extra analogue inputs from the data logger...yes I know they can be different values, from temp to jsut plain voltages...but still nice it possible. then we could ahve a graph showing three temp inputs..Motor, controller and battery

NeilP said:
any chance of adding a channel for the extra analogue inputs from the data logger...yes I know they can be different values, from temp to jsut plain voltages...but still nice it possible. then we could ahve a graph showing three temp inputs..Motor, controller and battery

Yes, for sure. One thing you can do now is just copy and paste this analog data into the CA file, replacing the columns that you don't care about like human watts and RPM if you don't have a PAS sensor. That's quite easy to do if you open the files in a spreadsheet to manipulate the columns.

What I'd like to have in the end is the simple ability to define your data columns arbitrarily, and then it can be a useful general purpose online plotting tool as well.

great , I'll try it

Have you come across LogView Studio. the new version of Logview. Tha can accept GHPS data too. but I have yet not sucessfully managed to do an import to it from the csv / txt files.

apparently there is a way. be handy to have compatibility with that too. though that is more a Log View dev item rather than yours.

NeilP said:
great , I'll try it

Have you come across LogView Studio. the new version of Logview.

No, but I'm just installing it now and it looks like an amazingly useful program for a LOT of the stuff we do around the labs here, not just for analyzing saved CA data. So I'll play around with it some and report back.

Hey all, we made a number of enhancements to the CA analysis software a few months ago which we hope makes it both more intuitive to use, and more useful too.
http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/trip-analyzer.html

Instead of the cursor point stats being located on top of the graph with the button selection icons on the bottom, we've now got it consolidated so that the data for each plot line is shown right on the plotline legend, along with a checkbox to indicate whether the selected plot is shown or not, and all the data for the cursor will show up whether the graph is plotted or not.
TripAnalyzerImprovements.jpg

And now, rather than having the extended CA3 data showing on the same graph, we've broken that out onto a 2nd graph underneath the primary plot. In order to make this a bit more universal too, the dataset here isn't confined to just being the human watts, torque, RPM, throttle in, throttle out etc. You can rename any of the fields and also copy and past data from any other sensors that are logged at the same rate in the CALog file before uploading it, and then view that data in the plot too. You can choose whether a particular plot is scaled on the left or the right axis, and also whether to show average and peak statistics over the selection for that data set.
Extended Data.jpg

When you upload and save the trip, it should remember all of these customized view settings so that anyone else who gets the share URL link will see the data presented in the same way. This of course changed the format of the uploaded trip files, but we've run a conversion so that links to any previously uploaded trip files should still work and show in the new format.

If there's more feedback that'd be great. I still want to add an additional option to show data scatterplots, of say power and speed vs %grade. But for now this seems to have covered most bases.

NeilP said:
Looks good,

Will be tryings som test data later from my TDCM sensor bike

Hey Neil, that'd be good. If you are doing the data logging at 5Hz, then it's good to also set the Display Averaging to 0.15 seconds, and then we'll have the best resolution of all the parameters. Otherwise if you have the display average at like 0.6 seconds what gets transmitted to the logger is also going to staircase at this lower update rate.

Ok, thanks
Will double check.
I did play with display aversging and hz logging rates when i had the throttlr voltage flicker issue, not sure what I reset to.

Hi,

if the additional Temp logging options of the analogger gets enables (pin A1 & A2)
Those logged data does not show up in the trip analyzer.

Any trick to make that work or is it just not implemented now?

greets

Notger

I had contact to Winfried, one of the "developers" of the DataExplorer Software (kind of the cuntinuation of Logview)

Cause i would find it amazing to show analogger data in Logview or the DataExplorer.

I sent him some expample files of teh Gps data and the other logfile from the analogger.

Right now there is no way to import both at the same time cause gps and logs should be combines to one .NMEA file to make it importable into Data-explorer.

Anyone of you have an idea how to make that possible ?
Winfried told that there might be some difficulties cause the logged data from the CA does not have a timestamp, and so it's hard to combine both data?

greets

Gernot

notger said:
Hi,
Any trick to make that work or is it just not implemented now?
Notger

In a pinch, use a spreadsheet to copy and paste that column of data from the analog signals file to replace one of the CA3 columns that you don't care about, like the throttle input and throttle output voltages. Then this data will be present on the extended data graphs, you'd just know that instead of it being the throttle voltages it is your additional temp data:

I think there is a problem with the GPS file upload with the web app.

It work with the CA file no prob, however once i try to add a GPS file and clic on SUBMIT, it keep waiting infinitly.

I tried the files from Justin exemple and it also wont work even with these.

Anyoe else is experiencing that problem?

Doc

Doctorbass said:
I think there is a problem with the GPS file upload with the web app.

It work with the CA file no prob, however once i try to add a GPS file and clic on SUBMIT, it keep waiting infinitly.

I tried the files from Justin exemple and it also wont work even with these.

Anyoe else is experiencing that problem?

Doc

Yes, can confirm. Lately, some of my GPS files work, while others don't. And it's consistent for me - a GPS file that works always works, and a GPS file that doesn't work never works.

I've tried multiple browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge. For the GPS files that don't work, I got the most interesting result from the previous version of Edge, prior to their transition to a Chromium base. It would hang just like the rest of the browsers, and eventually throw up an error message about a page script taking too long. But when I clicked the option to end the script, the Analyzer appeared to display the full and proper results, complete with GPS map. The page still had the spinning icon in the foreground and I couldn't interact with anything because of that, but it seems that the Analyzer does process the GPS file prior to failing however it's failing.

Disclaimer: I don't know the first thing about code or about the inner workings of web browsers. I'm just relaying the results of my troubleshooting efforts, in the hope that it might be useful to someone trying to track down the issue.

Thanks for the effort NCC1941!! :wink:

That is encouraging. I will try to find how to stop the scrip that block the thing.

Doc

john61ct said:
welcome back, you've been missed!

Thanks John, I am really busy now but make effort to keep active my presence here.

Doc

Back