Cyclone 3000w controller with CAv3

I've been having a lot of trouble with my CAv3 and the one single problem has been that for whatever reason the CA has been limiting my power output to 33 amps, when I'm supposed to be getting 40. I have checked multiple and various things with Grin customer service and no one has been able to figure it out. After 23 emails, they are telling me that the cyclone 3000w motor controller is probably not compatible with the CAv3. That makes no sense to me because I'm pretty sure that I am not the first one to try and use a cycle analyst with a stock cyclone 3000w controller. Anyone using a cycle analyst with the cyclone 3000w motor controller so I know for a fact its compatible? Any advice on what I should do? I tried emailing them to see if I can send it back and get another one within the 15 day return period to see if mine was defective but they just ignored the email. It's been very frustrating though and I really miss the full 40 amps my bike used to give me.

Cyclone works with my ca v3 and v3.1 in passthru mode both RC and regular voltage out.

It also works with current regulator mode but that is better done with a programmable controller unless you want to mess with the feedback controller to get a smooth limit.

The Cyclone really doesn't draw a lot of battery amps. You may be topping out at 33 amps cuz the setup is just weak. I didn't like the stock controller that came with mine and threw it away. They work well with a RC controller on 10 or 12S but you have to rewind and double the KV to get good power.

flat tire said:
Cyclone works with my ca v3 and v3.1 in passthru mode both RC and regular voltage out.

It also works with current regulator mode but that is better done with a programmable controller unless you want to mess with the feedback controller to get a smooth limit.

The Cyclone really doesn't draw a lot of battery amps. You may be topping out at 33 amps cuz the setup is just weak. I didn't like the stock controller that came with mine and threw it away. They work well with a RC controller on 10 or 12S but you have to rewind and double the KV to get good power.

Thanks for the info. Actually although I agree with you, I don't really like the cyclone controller, from what I measured it was giving me a true 40 amps when I wasn't using the cycle analyst. So I don't believe there's anything wrong or "incompatible" about the controller.

Back