Doc 140km/h speed record attempt !

John in CR said:
Just like cars and trucks come in lots of styles and types so should ebikes.

This is the difference between current eliminator V and the Zombie...... The zombie is not ONLY optimized for racing....

Ex: John Wayland can make his grocery with the datsun...
s-DATSUN-large.jpg

Not the guy with the current Eliminator!
images

Doc

I go grocery shopping with this bike, ride trails, stairs, jump it, etc.

Its a great scratch built all around bicycle.

Doctorbass said:
Official world record is one thing.. and also can cost alot of money.. unless you have sponsor.. wich help alot for those event.

I have read on the guiness record and there is two way to submit a record: having the officials coming to your event at your fee.. I mean apparently you pay their the fee of their trip, hotel, breakfast, etc... as well as the event itself...

Or you can film with the max proof you have WITHOUT the Guiness guys present at your event and than submit everything and pray that they will accept it after the examen.

Luke, this is great to see you wanna push the limit just like me and tat's what we need.. competition always help for that :wink:

On my side.. i dont have the budget you have and i try to stay in the common limit of the E-S are using... X5, normal dh bike no fairing etc....

What i am proud of is that my giant can do very nice work on dirt or any trail as well as on a straight or curved line on the pavenent for top speed or not... and it is stable in every conditions...

My giant is not made for a top speed.. it is made for every kind of ride.. and that's what i think is interesting to have...

I mean this Giant is a kind of all i one ride e-bike.

This is the main reason why i abandonned the last motobike with fairing of 2009... this was not looking like a bicycle so to state that this is a fast electric bicycle is less glorius than a bicycle that people can reconize as a bicycle...

I remember back in 2007 when Lowell was doing like 88km/h with hil LiCo ebike.. I was so impressed and i wanted to do the same on my next ebikes.. BUt not using LiCo as well :lol:

Doc
Doc this is what lowell had ...he was using nimh i think he had 2 times 24 volts and 1 36 volts dd nimh 20 ah
and he did claimed 62 mph on slight grade and 57 mph straight at that time
maybe you think of xyster with lico

$450 X503 hub motor w/ rim and spokes
$170 72v x 35A controller
$70 IRFB4110 low resistance MOSFETs x 12
$140 DrainBrain
$1100 76 NexCell 2D NiMH cells

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5684

slayer said:
Doctorbass said:
Official world record is one thing.. and also can cost alot of money.. unless you have sponsor.. wich help alot for those event.

I have read on the guiness record and there is two way to submit a record: having the officials coming to your event at your fee.. I mean apparently you pay their the fee of their trip, hotel, breakfast, etc... as well as the event itself...

Or you can film with the max proof you have WITHOUT the Guiness guys present at your event and than submit everything and pray that they will accept it after the examen.

Luke, this is great to see you wanna push the limit just like me and tat's what we need.. competition always help for that :wink:

On my side.. i dont have the budget you have and i try to stay in the common limit of the E-S are using... X5, normal dh bike no fairing etc....

What i am proud of is that my giant can do very nice work on dirt or any trail as well as on a straight or curved line on the pavenent for top speed or not... and it is stable in every conditions...

My giant is not made for a top speed.. it is made for every kind of ride.. and that's what i think is interesting to have...

I mean this Giant is a kind of all i one ride e-bike.

This is the main reason why i abandonned the last motobike with fairing of 2009... this was not looking like a bicycle so to state that this is a fast electric bicycle is less glorius than a bicycle that people can reconize as a bicycle...

I remember back in 2007 when Lowell was doing like 88km/h with hil LiCo ebike.. I was so impressed and i wanted to do the same on my next ebikes.. BUt not using LiCo as well :lol:

Doc
Doc this is what lowell had ...he was using nimh i think he had 2 times 24 volts and 1 36 volts dd nimh 20 ah
and he did claimed 62 mph on slight grade and 57 mph straight at that time
maybe you think of xyster with lico

$450 X503 hub motor w/ rim and spokes
$170 72v x 35A controller
$70 IRFB4110 low resistance MOSFETs x 12
$140 DrainBrain
$1100 76 NexCell 2D NiMH cells

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5684

Yeah... that's true.. it was NiMh cells... the lico was Xyter

Thanks for the correction.

Doc

I will try filming the 70mph run very soon.

But first i must repair my rear weel with now 6 broken spokes :shock:

Yeah.. wednesday i decided to try a little ride in a TRIAL BMX trail that i discovered...

Lesson 1: NEVER go fast in a new unknown trail... and more if it's a TRIAL trail.. with hard 90 degree drop and jump!

84.jpg
(Maybe time to replace all spokes for 12 gauge...)

Than i'll go with the 75mph run etc..

Doc

Doc,

Look on the bright side. Even though the bike can't handle tough trails and it's too high and upright for serious speed, at least it's a nice smooth riding pretty fast commuter bike. I prefer a faster cargo bike capable of useful loads and a passenger or 2, but to each his own.

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist a bit of ribbing. I love and appreciate all the stuff you do for the cause.

John

btw, what is the fastest 50cc motorized bicycle ?

50cc streamliner = 143mph

Cobra King 50cc motor sets class speed record at Bonneville Salt Flats

NORTH LIMA, Ohio, (October 18, 2005) ¿ In a recent AMA-sanctioned competition that was a bit of a departure from winning everything imaginable in the world of mini cycle racing, Cobra engineers, in cooperation with Alabama-based Wagner Racing, mounted an American-built Cobra 50cc engine into a custom motorcycle and made two passes at the legendary Bonneville Salt Flats ¿ achieving a two run average speed of nearly 75 miles per hour and breaking the previous land speed record in its class by five mph.

The Cobra-powered bike broke the old AMA 50cc AG (Altered Gasoline) record of 69.633 mph by running a wind-aided 78.399 mph on the first pass, then coming back into a headwind at 71.106 mph ¿ for an official combined time of 74.852.

sk8norcal said:
btw, what is the fastest 50cc motorized bicycle ?

With a fully optimized setup, they should be capable of ~15hp at the tire. On an appropriate bike, that should be capable of ~80mph. I go faster than that everytime I ride my ebike. lol

One thing I think we can all agree on is that ES is the premier ebike site on the web, and it's downright embarrassing that ES has no real record holders...at least not yet. We've got one member kicking butt in electrathons at the local level, and we finally managed to barely beat a stinkbike in the Death Race, but that's it. Come on you speed demons, it's time to get serious.

John in CR said:
One thing I think we can all agree on is that ES is the premier ebike site on the web, and it's downright embarrassing that ES has no real record holders...at least not yet. We've got one member kicking butt in electrathons at the local level, and we finally managed to barely beat a stinkbike in the Death Race, but that's it. Come on you speed demons, it's time to get serious.

That's true... We need a world record holder :mrgreen:

Imagine the publicity that would add to the E-S... we could receive like 1000+ newb member batch asking for fast ebikes setup :lol: :roll: ( Hey man.. I saw your world record on tv.. can you build me an ebike like that?)... This phrase.. I know it!.... :roll:

Doc

At leat nobody will catch you with a rocket propelled grenade from an open topped mini van. You should install a flux ca
Acitor just incase you hit 88.

BATFINK said:
At leat nobody will catch you with a rocket propelled grenade from an open topped mini van. You should install a flux ca
Acitor just incase you hit 88.

:mrgreen:

Doc

just wait doc. i have a full year of robotics classes starting this semptember fully funded by way more OSAP then i need to live off of. Guess where it will all go :p?
I figure 120v 5403 will be about the limit for hubs for the next little while. We will both have one by christmas! Ill take a trip up to quebec and we can get some side by side at 120km/h+. IN THE SNOW!

Back