E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Does anyone know the Pole Count of LMX 60mm motor?
https://lmxbikes.com/en/drivetrain/138-moteur-lmx-60mm-2018.html

Cowardlyduck said:
I gave up on my carbon belt for now and switched everything back to the old one. :(
I will have to wait till I get the larger rear sprocket or swap these parts with someone else.

Joe said:
CD, I changed the Torque setting from standard 30 to 50. Made the human torque max 300. wow Gonna have a look to this direction. The pull from low speed to high is better.
PS, took it apart cleaned and degreased, re-greased and then re-assembled. I didn‘t take a photo before and also has 5 attempts to get it right. You can hear when the belt is not aligned perfectly. Seriously the HL belt doesn‘t make any noise.
I can't recall the setting you mean, but glad it's more torqie for you now. :)
I think I should get a HL belt. Where did you get yours?

Cheers
Hi CD
Directly from Opti belts. Check their website for local distributors.
The belt is only 12mm wide. In the other link it was 30mm.
461-1728 8M 12 HL
PS I have a little wear on the 15T pulley, but nothing too bad. At 550Km now.
I might be interested in your old rear belt sprocket and tension wheel. Being trying to get LMX to sell me these old designs. So far no luck. I want a spare set as I’m not about to change unless this HL belt breaks before 800km. I still have 1 HL belt as my spare, So it’s going to be at least a double attempt to get past The 800 mark.
The setting is in the PAS settings. I’m not sure anymore if it really did anything as I pumped it up to 100 and it made no difference, standard was 30. It’s now at 50.

Hey Joe,

I switched back to the old belt for now as I couldn't get the carbon one working without skipping and it was just going to wear it out if I kept going.
I might eventually get a new rear sprocket so I can use it.
So for now I don't have an old spare belt setup...just an unused new one. I also have my old chain setup still if anyone is interested in that.

I think the 15T pulley should last a decent amount...at least I hope so. I don't know the grade of steel used in the manufacture but I did pay extra get them hardened so they shouldn't wear out too fast. Sounds like you have more kms on it than me so if it does wear out faster than you would think is normal let me know and I can check with the factory I ordered them from what they think.

My LMX isn't seeing much use lately...but I now have around 160 3.5AH 18650 cells spare I should be able to use on a big battery build for it at some stage. Might not be for a while yet still but at least I've got the cells now. :)

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:

My LMX isn't seeing much use lately...but I now have around 160 3.5AH 18650 cells spare I should be able to use on a big battery build for it at some stage. Might not be for a while yet still but at least I've got the cells now. :)

Cheers

You'll love the bigger pack once you get time to build it CD. The reduced load on the cells is worth it alone, the 3500 cells struggle to keep up with only 5p. My 9p pack is much much happier, holding higher average voltage and never gets very hot.

briangv99 said:
You'll love the bigger pack once you get time to build it CD. The reduced load on the cells is worth it alone, the 3500 cells struggle to keep up with only 5p. My 9p pack is much much happier, holding higher average voltage and never gets very hot.
100% Building it is certainly high on my priority list for those reasons...building a 20S12P pack for a Bomber atm then gotta try and finish my BikeE AT build, then fix my house up a bit, aaaand then I should get around to the LMX battery. :roll:

Cheers

@Cowardlyduck I just installed the belt drive with the new carbon belt. Does the 15T sprocket have the correct profile for the Carbon belt? I installed the 14t sprocket for now, but it would be nice to know if the 15t is compatible with the carbon belt.

TorEddy said:
@Cowardlyduck I just installed the belt drive with the new carbon belt. Does the 15T sprocket have the correct profile for the Carbon belt? I installed the 14t sprocket for now, but it would be nice to know if the 15t is compatible with the carbon belt.

The 15T has the same profile as the 14T...neither of which is perfectly correct for the carbon belt in my understanding. So you may as well use the 15T if you like it more.

Cheers

Had a silly problem with the Micro SD card. It was 128 GB and this was the problem. Took a older Micro SD 32 GB and Update went fine. Please make first a update from youre old programm. This is simple to do. Then just load the latest Firmware. It really makes you Glad you did it, The new Firmware is super. Especially the possibility to create youe own trhottle curve.
I also got the bonus off having 0,5 Kw power extra. The bike is now max. 3,8 Kw.
Runs lovely as before but now even better. Love the Nucular controller.

I just completed my LMX64 upgrade.
Silixcon controller with display and full twist throttle, belt drive, new 160mm crank arms, new rear wheel and re-routing of cables.
The Silixcon is attached with screws and thermal paste.

I'm pretty happy with the clean cockpit and wire routing.

ACtC-3cBn_iZy4eebXWglqoros5DeqaQztdufj1faNMDw_kJ2VVAt6fB7GpuCjEm4zJ8Uah54yp0BBP-i_yaiLZtt0QT6nxwtRMar7RWIzfwVsPiaqRqq1G-NcNIs1_AZzkbN1nQCwwDD7jDViDrQHK6ZGCuQQ=w2288-h1287-no

ACtC-3ftgm5TRMtSsTblKGyxlLzf-VKlHwDl9LCf9kW9l7I8bc2rgPWSr_sUvxp0JgYrx9Slw0Sklemdde3sz-JHEkg9ZKdpkmBgb-CE7th-DtdFAp22R16581NlXkdnRn8Ji0tjjnCyFHfZZcUn1huoKyRl8g=w2288-h1287-no

ACtC-3d-T5qQk2fSVW4Xi7F4irvZ28hdhWk4i0A48DoQU0SsHnw_A4kOJnehjPKk-WL_DROGif6AApZpdnaQK47Z5ltG6SIC_EyeuEtWG5kjkne7SqQf46-YboTeE8h2Rrkr2GFFOqdmJKlCyQ4_WLINXW7WoQ=w2288-h1287-no

ACtC-3dZF1t3oVL4AuAP_MnU85JRN816zlg_uuOPR_scqbkDWc12XopdDEp_um7aRykSVpGh54SiB1mw8Y9WH9ONliPr6DjVZTRFM_yozARIlw8sAn26ZI9hW2wUxOenzwgciBDPUpqtwQdQAC9NVFhEmRMbsQ=w2288-h1287-no

ACtC-3eoXcaZZKBOkoVRqOzIZ8IE-3MfQ6Dg8s4dBSzABZJviAJSCwyw95t3vtVJvEt4ydV2FfwH3Pz57FmTOaKwwkhkXCx7kqO9-Xz0j2FG9xAuwU0XVi0FYqSIQLr0MkH7XOnGUqEmS4H4J8QNSpoFZ-m9Mg=w2288-h1287-no

ACtC-3d80S-1v3s8uOSQC8bWyqfqVZ7YhLgrp4ppS5R6j39IyZkDRqG7pyOrNVqPDeupiSE2Xdal_qGkNuQrPK5ZRfjONYqnwz1eFgevhhntHggZbvJ-zyQSRvL1J-uk9eqTXSHBL_63tfthu61dDQmNV9W_gw=w724-h1287-no

ACtC-3f9LwNTMW2YgUgbMBo-GHWWxretqA6525i7b0nylxskYGrJScy798sGYDJGUeV34swlAkijOyMxOSI9QigT8RRgTCLaVj_dPcGERR022RRbeNKqmttKe8d2i1a7qCpffIl4NE7RgiDX_1FnucJp-rNbUg=w724-h1287-no

Xtr6 said:
Had a silly problem with the Micro SD card. It was 128 GB and this was the problem. Took a older Micro SD 32 GB and Update went fine. Please make first a update from youre old programm. This is simple to do. Then just load the latest Firmware. It really makes you Glad you did it, The new Firmware is super. Especially the possibility to create youe own trhottle curve.
I also got the bonus off having 0,5 Kw power extra. The bike is now max. 3,8 Kw.
Runs lovely as before but now even better. Love the Nucular controller.

Would you share the setting which you are using. I’ld like to have a bit more power too.

TorEddy said:
I just completed my LMX64 upgrade.
Silixcon controller with display and full twist throttle, belt drive, new 160mm crank arms, new rear wheel and re-routing of cables.
The Silixcon is attached with screws and thermal paste.

I'm pretty happy with the clean cockpit and wire routing.

ACtC-3cBn_iZy4eebXWglqoros5DeqaQztdufj1faNMDw_kJ2VVAt6fB7GpuCjEm4zJ8Uah54yp0BBP-i_yaiLZtt0QT6nxwtRMar7RWIzfwVsPiaqRqq1G-NcNIs1_AZzkbN1nQCwwDD7jDViDrQHK6ZGCuQQ=w2288-h1287-no

ACtC-3ftgm5TRMtSsTblKGyxlLzf-VKlHwDl9LCf9kW9l7I8bc2rgPWSr_sUvxp0JgYrx9Slw0Sklemdde3sz-JHEkg9ZKdpkmBgb-CE7th-DtdFAp22R16581NlXkdnRn8Ji0tjjnCyFHfZZcUn1huoKyRl8g=w2288-h1287-no

ACtC-3d-T5qQk2fSVW4Xi7F4irvZ28hdhWk4i0A48DoQU0SsHnw_A4kOJnehjPKk-WL_DROGif6AApZpdnaQK47Z5ltG6SIC_EyeuEtWG5kjkne7SqQf46-YboTeE8h2Rrkr2GFFOqdmJKlCyQ4_WLINXW7WoQ=w2288-h1287-no

ACtC-3dZF1t3oVL4AuAP_MnU85JRN816zlg_uuOPR_scqbkDWc12XopdDEp_um7aRykSVpGh54SiB1mw8Y9WH9ONliPr6DjVZTRFM_yozARIlw8sAn26ZI9hW2wUxOenzwgciBDPUpqtwQdQAC9NVFhEmRMbsQ=w2288-h1287-no

ACtC-3eoXcaZZKBOkoVRqOzIZ8IE-3MfQ6Dg8s4dBSzABZJviAJSCwyw95t3vtVJvEt4ydV2FfwH3Pz57FmTOaKwwkhkXCx7kqO9-Xz0j2FG9xAuwU0XVi0FYqSIQLr0MkH7XOnGUqEmS4H4J8QNSpoFZ-m9Mg=w2288-h1287-no

ACtC-3d80S-1v3s8uOSQC8bWyqfqVZ7YhLgrp4ppS5R6j39IyZkDRqG7pyOrNVqPDeupiSE2Xdal_qGkNuQrPK5ZRfjONYqnwz1eFgevhhntHggZbvJ-zyQSRvL1J-uk9eqTXSHBL_63tfthu61dDQmNV9W_gw=w724-h1287-no

ACtC-3f9LwNTMW2YgUgbMBo-GHWWxretqA6525i7b0nylxskYGrJScy798sGYDJGUeV34swlAkijOyMxOSI9QigT8RRgTCLaVj_dPcGERR022RRbeNKqmttKe8d2i1a7qCpffIl4NE7RgiDX_1FnucJp-rNbUg=w724-h1287-no
That came out very nice and clean

Hey I am a happy LMX64 owner since almost 2 years now. I mostly use it to ride it like a stealth motorcycle in our forests (throttle only, unless I ride with friends) since motorcycles are illegal to ride offroad here in Switzerland, which is a shame. When I pass strangers with my LMX64, I get either no, or positive attention (with the chain setup). And now don't get me wrong, I love this bike and I would defenitely buy it again, but I'd like a bit more power for my type of riding... so my Question: would you suggest a LMX161 which has more power + a larger battery, but is not stealthy so I might get myself in trouble with it. Or is there any possible way to get more power/torque out of the LMX64 (mine is currently at 2.5kw max./50A, 40mm motor, Nucular controller 12t front 100t rear sprocket with a 850wh battery)? I have one of the first prototypes which LMX sold. Has anyone maybe built a 1kwh battery that fits the bike? And any suggestions to get more power/torque out of it? Thanks in advance ✌️

jimmywazer said:
but I'd like a bit more power for my type of riding... so my Question: would you suggest a LMX161 which has more power + a larger battery, but is not stealthy so I might get myself in trouble with it. Or is there any possible way to get more power/torque out of the LMX64 (mine is currently at 2.5kw max./50A, 40mm motor, Nucular controller 12t front 100t rear sprocket with a 850wh battery)? I have one of the first prototypes which LMX sold. Has anyone maybe built a 1kwh battery that fits the bike? And any suggestions to get more power/torque out of it? Thanks in advance ✌️

Sounds like you want a Boxxbike then :)

jimmywazer said:
Hey I am a happy LMX64 owner since almost 2 years now. I mostly use it to ride it like a stealth motorcycle in our forests (throttle only, unless I ride with friends) since motorcycles are illegal to ride offroad here in Switzerland, which is a shame. When I pass strangers with my LMX64, I get either no, or positive attention (with the chain setup). And now don't get me wrong, I love this bike and I would defenitely buy it again, but I'd like a bit more power for my type of riding... so my Question: would you suggest a LMX161 which has more power + a larger battery, but is not stealthy so I might get myself in trouble with it. Or is there any possible way to get more power/torque out of the LMX64 (mine is currently at 2.5kw max./50A, 40mm motor, Nucular controller 12t front 100t rear sprocket with a 850wh battery)? I have one of the first prototypes which LMX sold. Has anyone maybe built a 1kwh battery that fits the bike? And any suggestions to get more power/torque out of it? Thanks in advance ✌️

Sounds like you ride your bike alot like mine. It's a great alternative to a dirt bike.

I have a 1.5kwh 14s9p in mine. Since you have the Nucular controller, build or buy a bigger pack and crank up the amps in the settings menu and have fun. :twisted:

Cowardlyduck said:
Some hectic bush bashing, flat battery and insane jumps not taken made for an awesome ride on the weekend...I really need a bigger battery

Great ride CD we should have taken a couple pics of those crazy jumps, not that I'd consider sending on one of them :shock:

Yeah, the tow was what convinced me I really need that bigger battery!

For anyone wondering why we didn't tackle the jumps...here's a few of them:
[youtube]OhrFSjQFgYU[/youtube]

I could see myself doing some of them with a lot of time to practice, and build my way up to it, but that simply isn't going to happen.

Cheers

jimmywazer said:

Hi. We have same here in Finland that you cant use motorcycle in forest and also they are closing more and more motortracks. Not so many places where legaly can ride and if there is tracks they are in bad condition.
Because of this i bought lmx64 and i have used it like motorcross/enduro bike in forest. Its been so much fun to ride. Bike been under heavy conditions and so much riding that i have changed basically every part and fixing it all the time. I am not saying that it has quality issues, it is always with motocross bikes the same, 1h riding 2h fixing..

I also wanted to have little more power and thats why i bought lmx161. It is wonderfull bike. It is light and easy to handle. Also it has torque and power which gives lot of fun in tracks. 161 will last longer in hard riding places than 64, because it hevier duty..

But 161 is not for places where other people are hiking and enjoying nature. Few times i got bad look from people. The bike looks like real motorcross bike comparing 64, which is normal bike..

If you modify 64 to get more power, there is always dilemma that if more power you need more battery. If you have more battery you have more weight. If you have more weight your bike need to be heavy duty desing..

So for me 64&161 is needed. I just change place if i ride with 161. There is lot of old motocross tracks which are kind of legally riding places but not officially, and if your bike is silent, people dont complain.

Thanks to Adam and the crew that been desinging such perfect bikes.

briangv99 said:
Rix said:
Since you rode until your battery was dead, that means you had great ride CD. :bigthumb:

Even broke out the MSR tow strap to get CD the last couple miles home Rix. Must have been a strange sight to see an while in tow :D

I would like to see the video of that :wink:

Back