E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Bexxer said:
I found the culprit, chased the problem back to the rear brake disc and found a screw had worked its way loose and shredded the wires, hence pulled connectors apart. Surely these screws should have been torqued at assembly. Gah!

I'm Glad you found the cause of the problem. Use some Locktite when you torge them up again. And TV the Hal Sensors can also be broken by too much heat. Been there done that. But if the shuttering stil continues after you have fixed the wires, And there is nothing wrong with the wiring. Then you need to change the hal sensors. They dont seen to like shorting out.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Last night I was riding home through town, going about 40 mph. A car pulls out from a stop sign, crossing in front of me. I didn't have to stop. It could have been instant death except I saw him, and started smoking my brakes, and tires. As usual, I missed him by about a foot, which might as well be a mile. That makes most people angry, but I just ride on like nothing happened, it's happened so many times. It was the most dangerous time of evening. Not dark, and not light either.

As soon as it gets dark that never happens, and I mean never. In the darkness my headlight is so bright no one dares pull out in front of me, because they're afraid a bus is coming with a light out LOL. It's funny how when they could die, people are a lot more careful. I like riding after dark.

An old friend told me a long time ago, whenever you ride, death rides along with you. I keep in the back of my mind, but I don't dwell on it.

TV, I have ridden in MCs all over the US, Canada, Germany, France, and Italy. The one thing that has kept me alive was when I ride, I ride like I am invisible to everybody but the cops, same on my ebikes. That's my secret. Ride like no one sees you, you will be fine.

Bexxer said:
I found the culprit, chased the problem back to the rear brake disc and found a screw had worked its way loose and shredded the wires, hence pulled connectors apart. Surely these screws should have been torqued at assembly. Gah!

Hey Becky, I know that you and your hubby ride Motorcycles, treat your Bomber the same way, do a pre ride check. My checks include brake caliper bolts, visual on the disk brake, shock bolts, chain slack, tire pressure and steering assembly. I also check the side panel bolts about every 15 rides or so to make sure they are snug. For what its worth, glad you are up and running. Can't waste a Colorado summer with the Bomber down :mrgreen:

Rix said:
Ride like no one sees you, you will be fine.
Good advice Rix, I live by the same philosophy. I take it a step further when riding an ebike on the road and assume that cars are actively trying to hit me, especially at intersections. Many drivers psychologically associate bicycles with going slow and don't take the time to give them more than a glance and so can't estimate their speed. Others just have a blatant disrespect towards bicycles and if combined with the former it's a recipe for a trip to the hospital. Having primarily ridden bicycles on the road before starting to ride motorcycles (on the road) it's amazing the difference in the attitudes of most drivers. You're often still invisible due to your size but when they DO see you cars generally give you your due space and right of way. I vary rarely have cars encroach on my lane when on the moto but it's a given if I try and ride an ebike on the road, even if doing the speed limit.

Yeah I pretty much follow the philosophy that they're all out to get to me too, but unlike my younger days I don't tend to retaliate anymore. I just keep moving like nothing happened.

I have definitely come to the conclusion that silence is a lot safer than loud pipes. It might seem counterintuitive, but it's true. No one sneaks up on me now, and I can hear them coming from a mile away.

Bexxer said:

Please don't think I'm trying to be a smart ass, this is just my experience. This is the kind of failure you can usually avoid by cleaning your bike often. The act of cleaning makes you visually inspect your bike, and personally touch everything when you dry it off with a towel.

Hi guys, here's a few pics of our latest demo B52. Still a few parts to change, upgrades and PC but we have got the majority done & are pretty happy with the outcome. Love the MRP shocks! :p

DSC00118_zpss2sygcon.jpg
DSC00109_zpsw7wg3jhu.jpg
DSC00096_zpshl0r6yrn.jpg
DSC00082_zpsl3oqsnuw.jpg
DSC00130_zps38bkdw64.jpg
DSC00100_zpszqqh5met.jpg
DSC00099_zps4kfuu96d.jpg
DSC00098_zpsoqbxdtdb.jpg
DSC00088_zpsp4xr0cgt.jpg

Some really nice Bomber pics...mine (#34) isn't quite so sparkling but has more intricate layers of dust. Funny I still have so many people engaging me in discussion about it...most days usually a 5, 10 even 20 minute conversation from interested people. Today it was 2 lasting about 20 minutes...I wouldn't be happy talking about many other subjects for that long...bikes and planes...that's about it :)

I've done a little instructional video on the Bomber, how they work etc with some trial riding. OK you recon?

https://youtu.be/6pUyHt_ZRj8

StealthUK said:
I've done a little instructional video on the Bomber, how they work etc with some trial riding. OK you recon?

Yeah good untill it stopped when u was going for top speed run,, booo
Also i love ur protective clothing :wink:

Qms
Loving the yellow nice
Hows carbon sump guards coming on ??

Theodore Voltaire said:
Bexxer said:

Please don't think I'm trying to be a smart ass, this is just my experience. This is the kind of failure you can usually avoid by cleaning your bike often. The act of cleaning makes you visually inspect your bike, and personally touch everything when you dry it off with a towel.

Not smart ass at all. I appreciate our input. I've really only ridden it a handful of times. Its never gotten wet or muddy, just dusty. I've cleaned it a few times and I do pre-ride checks but I don't check every bolt on the bike. I'm surprised about the bolt working its way out after not even 300 miles total on the bike and those miles are really gentle ones. I noticed they changed the design of the wiring loom and maybe the brake disc too recently? I will be more vigilant for sure!

StealthUK said:
High speed run:

https://youtu.be/94fOS3YO2og

I usually mention it only goes that fast when riding with the limiter disabled, and I'm on a safe off road test track, because I would never ride it illegally fast on the street. :roll:

I had to run that stop light officer, because I swear I thought I was going to grow old and die before it changed. It must be malfunctioning.

Damn QMS, you know how to pimp out a Bomber. Very beautiful mix of canary yellow with the black base. Impressive to say the least.

StealthUK said:
[youtube]6pUyHt_ZRj8[/youtube]

Nice vid, wish I was closer to tree riding like that.

Theodore Voltaire said:
StealthUK said:
High speed run:

https://youtu.be/94fOS3YO2og

I usually mention it only goes that fast when riding with the limiter disabled, and I'm on a safe off road test track, because I would never ride it illegally fast on the street. :roll:

lol. The vid does say that we are insured on the road on ours (we have whats known as a motor traders policy in the UK) covers me for any vehicle and we have the Stealth bikes listed specifically, but yes, take your point :)

QMS said:
Hi guys, here's a few pics of our latest demo B52. Still a few parts to change, upgrades and PC but we have got the majority done & are pretty happy with the outcome. Love the MRP shocks! :p

DSC00118_zpss2sygcon.jpg
DSC00109_zpsw7wg3jhu.jpg
DSC00096_zpshl0r6yrn.jpg
DSC00082_zpsl3oqsnuw.jpg
DSC00130_zps38bkdw64.jpg
DSC00100_zpszqqh5met.jpg
DSC00099_zps4kfuu96d.jpg
DSC00098_zpsoqbxdtdb.jpg
DSC00088_zpsp4xr0cgt.jpg

Whats the price of tis bike $25,000 I would rather have a Ducati ? :D :D

Rix said:
Damn QMS, you know how to pimp out a Bomber. Very beautiful mix of canary yellow with the black base. Impressive to say the least.

Hey Rix, thanks mate. We thought this one would stand out a little and am literally having a hard time keeping "bees" away from it!! They think they can milk it for pollen. :p

Hyena said:
Yeah nice work Quigs, it looks like the stealth cousin of one of my recent black and yellow builds :)

Hi Hyena, cheers mate. Was thinking about chrome powder coat but opted for the yellow black this time round. :mrgreen:

You been speaking to JK or do we think that much alike ? (I was talking to him about chrome powder coat a few weeks back)
I reckon one done in not full on chrome, but more of a polished aluminium look would be pretty snazzy. That's probably the closest you'd get to chrome with a powder coat anyway.

Hyena said:
You been speaking to JK or do we think that much alike ? (I was talking to him about chrome powder coat a few weeks back)
I reckon one done in not full on chrome, but more of a polished aluminium look would be pretty snazzy. That's probably the closest you'd get to chrome with a powder coat anyway.

Hi Hyena, I think we're just thinking alike. Our local powder coater has a new chrome/brushed aluminium powder coat that he has shown us some samples of and it has an even/repetitive surface texture similar to the orange peel effect and with UV stable clear over the top we reckon it would look awesome, but we don't want to take it to the point where it is just gay. Still seriously thinking about it though. We might have a swingarm done soon to check out the final finish and will put some pics up if it looks any good. QMS

Back