E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Billy,
How do you like the emeralds? Once I upgraded my forks I really noticed the shock needed help. Be interesting to hear your take.

1abv said:
Billy,
How do you like the emeralds? Once I upgraded my forks I really noticed the shock needed help. Be interesting to hear your take.

They feel really good, they are a top shelve option from DVO and for the type of riding I do, they are properly an overkill but they handle everything with ease and the level of adjustment is great!
They would be perfect for the type of riding you do mate :thumb:

51286593477_f493051057_c.jpg

Name that engine!

OUtstanding!!!!
[/quote]

Cheers Rix :thumb:

toying with the idea of jagwire hydraulic cables.
had some left over from my escooter.

i like it, what do you guys think?
jagwire 1.jpgjagwire 2.jpg

Billy.A said:
OUtstanding!!!!

[/quote]
I like it! Kind of looks like a zombie apocalypses theme.

Billy.A said:
OUtstanding!!!!

[/quote]

Looks pretty good to me, I like it.

Personally I liked the red bars better Billy. For a while I had red bars on my red bike, and they didn't quite work, because too much red. They look a lot better on your bike, plus I would think they'd be better at scaring off the giant man eating mountain kangaroos.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Personally I liked the red bars better Billy. For a while I had red bars on my red bike, and they didn't quite work, because too much red. They look a lot better on your bike, plus I would think they'd be better at scaring off the giant man eating mountain kangaroos.

I think the red bars looked “rad!” There a word from 35 years back and fitting for the bike world!

Tom

Rix said:
Nice Billy. Looks like hero dirt.
cheers Rix

Theodore Voltaire said:
hahaha here is giant man eating everything out here!! :shock:

litespeed said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

I think the red bars looked “rad!” There a word from 35 years back and fitting for the bike world!

Tom
cheers Tom
i used to use that word too back in the day.

Decided to change the color of the B52 logo to white, had to pull the side covers off and they are 2 piece with silicon holding them together.pulled them apart, cleaned them, flipped them to the silver side and put a fresh cover of carbon fiber and added some white contact and stuck them all back together again..
i like the results, now the red pedals are removed and the logo is in white, looks much better, even have the old red bars which will look a whole lot better now that most of the red is removed, ill keep them for future change out.

IMG-0390.jpgIMG-0393.jpgIMG-0401.jpg

Even decided to flip the banjo bolt location from the inside of the caliper to the outside,
Thats how bored i was during this lockdown :roll:

IMG-0397.jpg

Nucular controller installation done. :D
These are some pics of what I think interesting.
The nucular controller allows for a clean installation and having more space I could mount the bracker in a better way.
Using this stuff I attached the bracker to the frame
20210701_195639[1].jpg
20210701_200152[1].jpg
20210701_200731[1].jpg
20210701_212358[1].jpg

New skid plate installed.
20210701_222908[1].jpg

Display relocation. I don't like the mounting position above the handlebar stem, so I made this bracket to have the display a little further on
20210718_174644[1].jpg
20210718_174546[1].jpg
20210718_193012[1].jpg

This is a tight fit of the ANT BMS on top of the battery a few mm more and could not fit.
I hope that when Nucular has its own BMS it is no more than 15mm thick.
IMG_3822[1].JPG

Then a bit of maintenance at the Bomber ....
Yesterday I changed the oil on the 888 RC3 V2 fork. The only thing I don't understand is if the return it presents is normal, maybe someone can explain to me. I put 300ml of oil in the part with the damping cartridge.
[youtube]Mwx4Ic243cE[/youtube]

And finally the new rear tire arrived, I chose Michelin starcross in the medium compound because I travel about 50% of the time on asphalt.
IMG_3842[1].JPG

And finally the new rear tire arrived, I chose Michelin starcross in the medium compound because I travel about 50% of the time on asphalt.
IMG_3842[1].JPG
[/quote]

Great Job buddy :thumb:
are you running hope brakes? how do you rate them?
also..are you running 24x3 tyres?, im looking for an alternative to the Razorback but in this size, its very slim pickings.
regards
Bill

Brake Disc rotor Upgrade

Hi Everyone
im looking to upgrade the stock, Storm 203mm disc rotors front and rear,
i find they struggle with the weight of the Bomber let alone the extra 92kg of the rider,
they were not designed for such forces :flame:
they are glazing and warping under load.

im looking into maybe getting this option, its a 220mm 2 piece disc rotor Magura make especially for E bikes in mind,
IMG-0412.jpg

there is also a Magura adaptor from 203mm to 220mm
IMG-0413.jpg

Being 2 piece and 220mm, its got to be a lot better than the 203mm rotor with less flex and better heat dissipation,
plus the rotors look sexy too :D !

There are also Magura Sport pads which are made for Ebikes

Has anyone used these or know someone who has or perhaps might know a better solution?
would be interesting to get some feed back, If i buy them ill fit them on my next tyre change and let you guys know what i think.
Have a great day everyone :thumb:

I'm still running 203s, but after installing floating disks I definitely noticed an improvement. Not so much in braking power, but they're a lot quieter in operation. I would not go back to one piece disks on my Stealth. I think 220s will make a huge improvement. I could see myself going that way sometime, especially on the front.

I'm a fan of Shimano brakes. I'm running Shimano XT with a 4 piston in the front, but just a 2 piston in the rear. I'm sure I'll upgrade the rear to a 4 piston eventually, but only because of heat management. For hard riding the 4 piston is better hands down. Compared to the stock Magura MT5, the XTs have a lot better feel. The MT levers have a squishy feel in comparison. I also like the easy adjustable levers on the XTs. I'm not sure why, but they're easier to bleed too. Besides that, the Magura's have as much stopping power though.

I bought that set up with a MT5e front brake set. I was in the process of installing brake light circuit so I swapped out my Hayes Stroker Ace front brake set since it had a switch and I just wanted to by something. At first I was a bit disappointed with the braking power but after the pads broke in I think I might be able to flip myself over the handle bars. Took all of about 15 mins to install the whole set up and another 10 minutes to shorten the front brake line.

I give it two thumbs up.

Did a 33 mile trip today. Love having a super fast super powerful bike. It’s about 9 miles from my house to the Katy Trail, another 2+ miles to the trail heads and then I took a 15 mile loop. Pretty mild trail but fun none the less. Got hot and sped home……..hit 60 mph for a bit of the ride because I could! :twisted:

Tom

Billy.A said:
Brake Disc rotor Upgrade

Hi Everyone
im looking to upgrade the stock, Storm 203mm disc rotors front and rear,
i find they struggle with the weight of the Bomber let alone the extra 92kg of the rider,
they were not designed for such forces :flame:
they are glazing and warping under load.

im looking into maybe getting this option, its a 220mm 2 piece disc rotor Magura make especially for E bikes in mind,
IMG-0412.jpg

there is also a Magura adaptor from 203mm to 220mm
IMG-0413.jpg

Being 2 piece and 220mm, its got to be a lot better than the 203mm rotor with less flex and better heat dissipation,
plus the rotors look sexy too :D !

There are also Magura Sport pads which are made for Ebikes

Has anyone used these or know someone who has or perhaps might know a better solution?
would be interesting to get some feed back, If i buy them ill fit them on my next tyre change and let you guys know what i think.
Have a great day everyone :thumb:

Attachments

• 684B0376-39A6-4E96-A8AB-0463C162A94A.jpeg
    684B0376-39A6-4E96-A8AB-0463C162A94A.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 422
  • D02CCDF2-EA04-4C1B-B092-B9133863754B.jpeg
    D02CCDF2-EA04-4C1B-B092-B9133863754B.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 422
  • CA00B0E2-21D3-4C61-95A4-E1798C1BD25E.jpeg
    CA00B0E2-21D3-4C61-95A4-E1798C1BD25E.jpeg
    899.3 KB · Views: 422
  • CEC9E889-7058-46FE-A9A6-D140A1058B4F.jpeg
    CEC9E889-7058-46FE-A9A6-D140A1058B4F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 422
  • AEE7EBCA-255C-46FE-8F3A-564BA1FD72AF.jpeg
    AEE7EBCA-255C-46FE-8F3A-564BA1FD72AF.jpeg
    814.9 KB · Views: 422
Theodore Voltaire said:
I'm still running 203s, but after installing floating disks I definitely noticed an improvement. Not so much in braking power, but they're a lot quieter in operation.

Yes, mine are squealing and screeching, its getting quite annoying

litespeed said:
I bought that set up with a MT5e front brake set.

At first I was a bit disappointed with the braking power but after the pads broke in I think I might be able to flip myself over the handle bars. Took all of about 15 mins to install the whole set up and another 10 minutes to shorten the front brake line.

I give it two thumbs up.

what pads are you running Tom and is your rear rotor a standard storm 203?
Cheers

Todays ride :bolt:

2507.jpg

Back