• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

EVAssemble packs

I ordered a battery form Michael an couple of weeks ago, since then I cannot contact him, he doesn't reply to emails. After reading this thread, I'm going to try and cancel my order and get my money back.

It seems to me that despite the hype EVASSEMBLE are not to be trusted.

Gow864 said:
I ordered a battery form Michael an couple of weeks ago, since then I cannot contact him, he doesn't reply to emails. After reading this thread, I'm going to try and cancel my order and get my money back.

It seems to me that despite the hype EVASSEMBLE are not to be trusted.

Funny that, "Michae"l was on here giving his guarantee.

Now Im worrying about whats on the inside of these packs. I hope they are all brand new cells! I really dont wanna cut open these packs but when 2 out of 3 crimps are bad on BMS how can I have any confidence in the rest?

Jeremy Harris said:
If you do a proper crimp joint then there's no point in making it less reliable by adding solder -

But, if you don't have the proper crimp tool, you are probably better off soldering it. Making a good solderless connection is a real science and is highly dependent upon using the tool that was engineered for the task. A crimped connection that looks good and feels good can easily be a disaster waiting to happen.

A friend of mine owns an electronics assembly house. They have several hundred thousand dollars invested in crimpers. They get a LOT of business rebuilding stuff that their competitors messed up using half-assed tooling.

Well I have decided that I must cut open these packs. I sent Michael at evassemble an email asking if he would send me some of the shrink wrap that they use on the packs and new crimp connectors. He doesn't seem to be replying to my emails so well see what happens. Does anyone have any idea where you can get that heavy duty black shrink tubing that they encase battery packs in? I am so pissed off that I am having to go through all of this! I paid a lot of money for these packs!

I'm waiting on a 60v pack, a 24volt pack, chargers for both and some other stuff.

You guys are starting to worry me as the last email I had from him was to ask for the delivery money to be sent as I had forgotten. Have emailed several times since the 19th Oct with no answer. Is it a holiday in China maybe?

I'm having the same experience, unanswered emails etc... I have started a dispute with PayPal to try and get my money back. Regardless of wether Michael comes to the party or not. He has demonstrated a great disrespect for his customers. Our money is good and he gets that straight away. To not reply to emails is unprofessional and disrespectful.

I will not do business with EV'Ass'EMBEL ever again.

Gow.

One thing that I do know for sure about Michael is that he does travel a lot for work. You would think he would still be checking his emails. If it was me I would be quite embarassed that my workers were shipping out garbage like I got! All I know is they sure aren't doing anything to fix the situation.

i was under the impression he was a one man show. i sure hope he didn't get arrested by the party for participating in the demonstrations for liu. now that would slow down your shipping date.

If this goes tits up and I paid with Paypal using my credit card, how would I go about doing a charge back or rather getting my funds back.

I'm hoping all is well, but as I'm probably going to be made redundant I can not afford to lose this money.

I wouldn't get too worried. He does disappear once in a while but sofar has always come back. I know its not very professional but I would at least give him a few more days.

compare evassemble.com with Bmsbattery... it seem bmsbattery gives abit faster delievery. ( 2weeks+ few days only) when i had ordered 48v 12hr, cells 38140s. if im going to order one battery pack, i think bmsbattery is abit better. their agent sellers seem to change employee very quickly.

kentlim

I have started a PayPal dispute to recover my money. Payed with CC through PayPal and I'm well within the 45 days, so it shouldn't be a problem.

IMHO. Any vendor that does not reply to an email from a customer that has ALREADY PAID is a C**T and deserves nobody's business.

I travel a lot too. I never have trouble accessing my emails. The guy is a flat out rip off merchant.

End of Story.

I have emailed him giving him until today to get back to me. It has been 6 days since he asked me to send the shipping costs which I did as well as asking him to confirm my rider and supply with atracking order.

Order was placed 3 weeks ago and was supposed to have been actually sent a week ago. Starting to feel like I have been done over.

Do I just call up my credit card company or pay pal? Never done a charge back before.

it is a extremely terrible and a hard time to do business with a non responsive seller. if im a seller, have to reply a email within 24hrs + a full explaination or simple details. to reply somebody is a kind of respect and simple show responsible . i really cannot accept if people cannot reply mails within 2working days. I feel it looks very rude behaviour when the seller has recived the money and no reply from him. what i think for seller must send their battery pack within 2weeks / and must reply the buyer within 24hours of working day.

bmsbattery.com have send me the photo 10days, "the battery has already build", but the sending part has abit of delay. becasue this is the first time im buying from him/ her bmsbattery.com has to show me something assurance. They are really processing. from this point of review from buyers, it is really frightening to do any thing with them, EVA.. scary.. when i heard ES member who bought from him.

Anything 3 or 4weeks no reply.. = for paypal can go for a dispute quickly.

cheers.
kentlim

I think there is a 35 day limit for a chargeback on your credit card. Evassemble have £850 (x1.5 for USD) of my money that I can not afford to lose.

Really do not want to do a charge back and go nuts about this if he just away or something.... but then you check your emails regularly don't you if you run your own business? I know I do. I will give him until the morning then all hell will break loose.

Paypal has a 45 day limit. I would file a dispute before the limit on anything I bought, regardless of who the vendor is. Just to be safe. You can always cancel the dispute when/if you get your purchase.

Filing the dispute is a sure way to hear from someone who won't answer your emails.

Yeah think I'll do that now. I do get fed up of bad service from those parts of the country. Some are great others just have no idea on how to look after a customer.

For all you guys who did a paypal with your CC, SKIP THE PAYPAL DISPUTE, they will drag it out, until it's too late.

Instead send the item back, get a delivery confirmation number, call your CC company directly tell them the situation, and tell them you want to do a chargeback. They will immediately take it off your bill, and send you an affidavit to sign. Then THEY will contact paypal.

It's amazing how quickly things get starightened out with this method. Just don't do it for every little thing, only for big ticket items.

It is also helpful to provide them with the tracking number proving you already sent it back to the seller.

This is a a little known service you pay for via interest.

I had a member here, CPROBIKE, sell me a bad charger, I sent it back via USPS, he could not be contacted, I gave the CC company the tracking # and told them the situation.

He said he "was out of town"

Translation, the refund was forced, immediately.

I hope this helps.

I would send my battery back but then who pays the 350 dollars in freight? I sent michael an email asking for new shrink wraps for my packs and some new crimp connectors so I can build the packs properly.

Beav,

That is the reason I don't buy from china.

I only buy from within the USA, chinese products etc.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to help with that, MAYBE the CC will refund the $350, and charge HIM for it, give them a call...

Thing is I have not actually received any of the parts yet or a tracking order let alone confirmation that he has sent them.

On the 5th Oct 2010 I paid for:

1 x 60V 12ah Headway Pack with BMS
1 x 60V 5 amp charger
1 x 24volt 12ah Headway Pack with BMS
1 x 24volt charger
1 x Throttle
2 x 50amp connectors

On the 14th Oct 2010:

Still waiting for order then to be told hold up was because of charger (had I known he had none in stock I would have ordered one that was in stock grr) Because order had still not gone out yet I decided to add:
16 x 12ah Headway Cells this was all ok'd by Michael to include with my main package.

On the 18th October after enquiring where is my tracking order I was told that extra was needed for shipping grrrr!!! Why wasn't I notified the week earlier that it was held up because of this! So extra $ sent.

Then email after email confirming my order and the need for a tracking number, but no answer. Everyday an email sent. Over £840 sent and well I need a reliable order. Stupid thing really is that I am testing for a reliable seller as I have many or orders already and this does not look good. I keep my clients updated within a few hours of receiving an email.

So now I will phone my Credit Card (Visa) tomorrow and try to get all 3 money orders reversed back to me. If for some reason I receive the order then he can have them back or I will keep them if I need the stock and pay only then.

Have started a Paypal claim already though, but I don't trust them to sort it out.

Back