Fake 48V 2000W controller identification +add light cables

Dear Friends!

I have this "fantastic" controller from vevor,first problem is to identify the real wattage ,i think 48Vx34A is not 2000w. This controller have 12mosfet (pic)
2nd. Problem ,not have light wires, in dark is dangerous , i want to find the pin/hole to add wires to pcb board if is possible.
Someone know this controller ?
I want to build to my evo scooters electric scooter to have a vehicle to go in work,is cheap and "green" :)
Sry for my bad english,and thank you very much the replies :)Screenshot_20231017-184218_Video Player.jpg

Attachments

• 20231006_175907.jpg
    20231006_175907.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20231017-190608_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231017-190608_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Most controllers (including this one) don't have anything in them to run lights; you add a separate power supply (battery or DC-DC running off your main battery) to run whatever lights you wish to install, if they don't just run off your main battery directly. Then you add switches as needed to run them.

Some ligths have their own batteries (and switches) in them, so no wiring connection to the bike is needed.

Most likely the "2000w" is either a marketing thing :roll: or just a peak power rating it might handle for a few seconds now and then. You'd have to have a wattmeter on your vehicle between battery and controller, and test in actual worst-case conditions to see what the real power output might be.

Maybe it supports 52V batteries as well (although with the 48V LVC applied if not programmable and no jumpers). A lot of components used tend to have a 60V max. My Baserunner is like that. 60V x 34A gets you up to 2k watts

lvc can be a resistor network for generic controllers, or programmable. The battery bms can handle the lvc.
36v could very well have 60v capacitors, 48v could have same or higher cap voltage.
52v 14s li-ion is 58.80v max charge state and is enough room for 60v caps.
48v 13s li-ion 54.60v max charge state.

You can shave the metal off the wire shunts to reduce power at a random rate, depends on how much you shave off.

You can add solder to the metal of wire shunts to gain power at a random rate, depends on how much you add.
If you need to have a lot more power, you can wrap a small thin wire around the shunts and use solder.
Someone on es did post a website where they sold shunt wires, Mouser website might have some.
Once you start doing those tricks, your just fooling the controller and on the cusp of buying a new one.

Why would you use a dangerous, uncomfortable, hokey machine like that when you could use a safer, faster, more comfortable, more versatile bicycle instead?

Problem ,not have light wires, in dark is dangerous , i want to find the pin/hole to add wires to pcb board if is possible.

Don't depend on your controller for lighting. Tap into the battery output, install a switch, and use a light that takes battery voltage. Like these:

Back