• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Fed up with Dillenger Electric Bikes

dzh

10 mW
Just picked up a package from them and it's a complete joke.

I should've gotten the red flag 3 months ago. Then I've bought a battery. Arrived around 4 working days later. Unfortunately, it came without charger.

Asked their customer support why is this, they said it comes without. Oh well, suppose I'll have to pay extra. $50+ seemed steep, but ok, I really wanna ride my bike, so I paid.

At this point you'd hope they would send it via courier with next day shipping. Nope. Took 2 weeks+ to arrive (AU to NZ). After 2 weeks passed I've asked the support what's the hold up, and they said just wait more. Ok, I guess I have no choice.

Unfortunately my bike was stolen few days after I've finally got it. Saved for a month and ordered new kit. That was 1 month ago.

2 weeks later I've asked where's my battery. Representative said my Paypal payment got "stuck". Ok...

Last week I've reminded it's going to be soon 1 month since I've ordered. Representative was sorry and that they are out of stock. Their website says different though. He says that his colleague took the battery off from demo bike and had it shipped.

OK, finally it arrived today. Yep it's used. Also without the frame and cables to attach to the bike. What the heck.

How I am supposed to deal with this incompetence. I can guarantee it's going to be another 2 weeks now until I get it.

Should I open Paypal dispute or what? Please people help me :(

Cheers,
~dzh

Talk to them rather than hang dirty laundry and one side of the story here. Seriously. Nothing gained by this method of resolution. Just taking the piss.

tomjasz said:
Talk to them rather than hang dirty laundry and one side of the story here. Seriously. Nothing gained by this method of resolution. Just taking the piss.

Are you joking mate? :evil: It's them literally taking the piss and you are telling me?

I am I just want people to react early and not be a fool like me. I did inform them what did they send me.

I am asking for help, not witch hunting anyone. I am happy to share all my email exchanged I've had so far.

All these threads do is turn into pissing matches. Go post on yelp or google reviews. It does little or nothing here. Unless it makes you feel better. Seriously. Rarely does a post here make any difference. They seem pretty thick skinned too.

Luna does the charger thing too. It always embarrassed me but apparently it's the way some vendors operate. I apologize I read to fast. Yes immediately take it to PayPal take and send pictures too. Be very detailed. That's the best way?

Is this Jurgis? I think maybe you should have updated this thread with the revelation received yesterday:

J Silute
Dec 6, 15:40 AEST
False alarm, battery is working, but still missing the cradle. And wobbles inside.
Sparks don't fly anymore from charger after turning it on.
When are young going to send bracket?

J Silute
Dec 6, 15:14 AEST
I have thanked you too early. What you have sent me is a complete piece of garbage.
I cannot believe how you can make fun of your customers this way.
The battery you have sent me has no attachment to the bike, has something wobbling inside, the indicator is dead and does not charge at all (charging port is shorted).
I hope you have a real good explanation for this.

J Silute
Nov 29, 16:53 AEST
Thanks for doing this.

Iris (Dillenger Pty Ltd)
Nov 29, 16:50 AEST
Hello Jurgis,
There is no need to call me a liar. Your payment was stuck on pending before, and when my colleague went to ship the product there was no stock.
http://dillengerelectricbikes.com.au/spares/electric-bike-kit-spares/bafang-8fun-batteries/nt-style-48v-11-6ah-samsung-battery-bafang.html
I spoke to my manager and he will take a battery off a brand new showroom bike and send it to you.
Regards,
Sales and Support

Your battery cradle is being shipped today.

1. You ordered a product we were temporarily out of stock of
2. the payment was pending in PayPal for longer than usual
3. we came up with a solution for you to get one sooner which was to take one from a showroom bike

Unfortunately shipping things from AU - NZ can take longer than we like if they're held in customs or the post office delays and in this case we forgot to send the cradle with the battery - apologies for that.

It would be appreciated if you could update the thread once you have received the cradle.

Sam

Funny these all seem to end similarly. You do seem to get more than the average resellers complaints over silly overlooked details. Missing a cradle is pretty n00b (knob too) move.

Hi Tom, yes we did make a pretty glaringly obvious mistake. Normally it's not even possible as the batteries are packaged in the factor with the cradles complete (pic below) but on this occasion, we took a battery from a showroom e-bike and we didn't check before it shipped. Our mistake!

Attachments

• IMG_8358.JPG
    IMG_8358.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 1,809
Dillenger_Australia said:
Hi Tom, yes we did make a pretty glaringly obvious mistake. Normally it's not even possible as the batteries are packaged in the factor with the cradles complete (pic below) but on this occasion, we took a battery from a showroom e-bike and we didn't check before it shipped. Our mistake!
stuff happens. Generally customers need to relax. We want lowest prices and highest level of service. The Amazon generation. Order Tuesday delivered and perfect by Friday. You'd think resellers had huge margins. Well Luna keeps driving that point but we'll see if it's sustainable.

tomjasz said:
Dillenger_Australia said:
stuff happens. Generally customers need to relax. We want lowest prices and highest level of service. The Amazon generation. Order Tuesday delivered and perfect by Friday. You'd think resellers had huge margins. Well Luna keeps driving that point but we'll see if it's sustainable.

I want seller not to act arrogant when I point to obvious mistakes. This is not about same week delivery anymore, it's about same month.
I expect seller to buck up when customers complain.

It's Friday afternoon here in Auckland. 3 days was plenty of time to deliver it. Yet seller chose to save few dollars instead of reputation.

Sam, what revelation should I publish? That I still do not have mount?
I did not post information about battery not charging because it was not relevant anymore.
Also, no need to publish my name.

I don't see why others dislike this type of posts. This is not provoking violence or hate.
If anything, I am either want for others to have better experience with different sellers, or seller to learn and improve by getting feedback.

Sorry for ordering.

I'm going to chip in and say I've also experienced the appalling service from Dillenger, almost 4 weeks from placing the order to confirmation of the order, wait patiently for another two weeks, contact them via email and phone only to be told they have heaps of the item I ordered but they just haven't shipped it yet, promises that it would arrive that week and here we are almost three weeks later still nothing. And I'd subjected myself to this thinking that as they were a locally based company they'd be able to supply. I would advise anyone to steer clear of Dillenger and their empty promises.

Back