Fibretech FlyPAN 2015 Dual Diag 12S

thanks, powered by Alien Drive Systems and Alien Power Systems... make this a dragster :D

Well, if I have to say one criticism I would say that the sound of this board is not stealth. Don't know if it comes from the motors or the belt ... or if there a way to make it more silent.

Haha the motors aren't that stealthy. These are brushless motors they do have a distinct sound to it. It's pretty nice though when you throttle it hard and gets nice and loud. I'd prefer it silent too but I've gotten use to playing with the throttle sound.

well, you are right. A dragster with no sound is not a dragster. You can still keep it at low noise level with throttle management.

I don't know what is the motor timing about, it's set to 20 at the moment with no timing monitor.

well it beats having a horn on it,..!!! lol
you can program motor timing on the ESC ...generally speaking on 50mm motors its 20deg and on 63mm its 25deg..but it can change depending on set up ..

dont even go there mate... when we were first making these Bruno set it to Hard on a dual 42mm mm set up and it nearly broke my neck..lol... its like a gun going off!!!! too crazy..

great, that's what I'm talking about :)

I will move from slow to medium setting. I think with a nunchuck that already brings progressive acceleration + throttle management from my side... that could be great :)

Impact will be more amps consumption but well, last time I went out I used only 4200mAH (over 10000mAH with a good 2 hours' ride)

sure. I will do it saturday morning. It's raining now in Paris. I will also post the eagletree reports to see the difference between slow and medium settings. Only thing that sucks is that I don't have a programmable card for the ESC. I only got the software on my laptop which I cannot bring on the road.

hey there,

I did a quick test this morning. I did a cruise with 60% break and medium acceleration. Everything was fine. I don't brake often, as I carve a lot to reduce my speed. The medium acceleration is really the best setting, gives you good torque if you have a good weight placement on the board, with 78A... that's a rocket but still way manageable.

At the middle of the ride, I when I was starting to accelerate from stop (I don't push full power on the wii nunchuck as I am confortable with throttle management), I have the rear motor that brakes by itself, I tried a few times but I stopped as it is dangerous, sometimes i can brake after 5 seconds of acceleration... well I came back home and did a short video. Just focus on the sound of the rear motor (at 0:8 seconds), you hear scratches, and on the way back it happens all the time as if the motor was damaged. I cannot get a consistant pull when pressing throttle. At this time I don't know if it comes from ESC, Motor or Wii Nunchuck (I initialised it correctly I think, when I press throttle, both motors run at the same time, but well maybe I'm missing something).

Timing : 20° - 8kHZ - timing monitor off - medium acceleration - 60% brake.

[youtube]mX96BpZf0Ow[/youtube]

Any thoughts on what that could be ? At the moment, I can't ride it anymore.

Thanks,

Check your motor wire connections. Sometimes wires can fray or come loose allowing the motor to phase out.

I have to admit that this setup is a dragster, but a real one. Believe me. always wear helmet. I have tried to push it to its limits after fixing the motor wires.. well limits were mine. I was like 40pmh (I assume) and I got stopped (by I don't know what, maybe too much watts or motor wires 3.5 that cannot handle that... dunno), it's like you hit a little rock and block. boom. Well don't have the words for that, but after being blocked I was literally flying over the ground... felt 4 meters after like superman. Well, pain is here, but as I have been skateboarding for +15years I am used to fall... but well falling at 40mph (when you don't expect it! )is like... you don't want to know :D

I'm back home. ultra cold ice patch on my left thigh, some scratches on my left shoulder.

I will give you a photo of my upcoming bruise on my left thigh, should be ready for a guiness record award.

rule number one: never try to push an Alien Power/Drive System 7S double diagonal motor setup to its limits... limit will be yours ... well that's maybe why it's called Alien ! :D

9139_14855_5.jpg

I have now planned to buy elbow and hip protection. Was looking at Gform... seems to be pretty decent ... but expensive. If I had them today, they will have saved my a$$ for sure!

:D

there was a famous guy who hit a rock at speed on his board in san francisco and he did not survive it. he was well known in EV world, but i did not know the guy. no helmet as i recall.

damn. I always wear an helmet but I will take it as a warning. I understand why people are trying to limit speed on these, but adrenalin sometimes push you over your limits and I was just out to test it for minutes. Well I'm used to ride longboards, skateboards at high speeds, snowboarding, kitesurfing for many years, doing also a lot of core musculation (I think this has save me to avoid have anything broken).. and I have fallen and will fall a lot, I will now continue to ride on closed streets and get a protection short + elbow. Because it hurts to have bruise, and this one seems to be huge as a soccer ball!

happy face. Hope to get back on my board in the next days. Stay tuned for the photo of my thigh.

mate... i have had the same experience several times ( that's innovating for you..)..when i was first setting the Hyper Ev ..i got a wobble on at about 30mph..slam....bang..luckily like you I know how to fall and i rolled it out..just bruising and hurt pride..but from that moment on i always wear a helmet..no matter how short a test im doing..as you always get excited and go longer than intended.. I must admit i don't always wear padding as you feel a bit of a idiot..if your not going fast..but even a fall at 20mph can hurt you..
I think the lesson to be learnt is to respect the equipment and to respect your speed limit..concrete is hard to land on.. this will slow you down now believe me..
I bet you was shaking after heh?..you can laugh about after the event ... I hope you heal ok...
TBH - that's why i really only ride my board at 25mph max now a days..is more than fast enough and i just like to carve now and enjoy the ride....

Double check all your connections before you go out..and turn the board over on the bench and pull the trucks to there turning limit to check they are long enough to stretch..
One thing it may have been is the ESC hard cutting due to the battery voltage dropping..not necessarily low but due to the high current load it reads as being low..So as your leaning forward to counter the acceleration..when the power cuts your weight is thrown forward I've had this a few times and i personally would drop it back to soft accel on ESC.. its more than fast enough..and it may be a an issue for the current drain..

thanks for the feedback ! I am quite sure it's not due to battery voltage drop as I when I came back I only put 2000 maH to charge/balance it.

I will:
- remove the eagletree logger as putting more electronics is not always good
- put the receiver (at least the nyko piece) outside of the box, 5cm far from ESC
- change the bullets on motor side (it's 3.5 gold stock connectors, I will put 5.5mm

I went back this morning to the spot where I had the accident; there was no little piece of rock. So I assume it comes from the electronics as I was stopped immediately and I was continuing to accelerate. On my side, the problem is not the speed fear, but more the fact that if the motors block or the ESC fails for whatever reason, I'm in danger!

well sometimes the esc limit kicks in when too much current is drawn..even if the battery is not low..
well i agree ..the fear is in the failure of a part.. that's why they must be given respect - please remember at the end of the day your basically standing on a RC car which was not intended to carry a person along..so there is a limit to what can be achieved,...and each board needs testing extensively before high speeds are achieved..as they are but by yourself and errors ,problems can occur
i think the few mods may make a difference..i would drop the ESC setting to soft also..
please let me know who you get on..

yes, would be great if Bruno could put the ESC in fail open mode, I mean when it's overloaded for what ever reason... it just let everything rolling normally without activating any break function. I have checked my eagletree and I have not been more than 125A maximum, so this is weird.

In my first board I had different batteries to ride with. When I used lower C rated lipos with lower mah capacity and accelerating hard the power would suddenly stop, almost throwing me in front of the board. Maybe its your batteries that cant deliver the power needed. What are the specs of your batteries?

thanks for your feedback. Battery seems fine :)

APS 7S 10AH
SIZE: 190x140x35
WEIGHT: 1590g
MAH: 10000
N° of cells: 7S/1P
Nominal Volt: 25,9
Max discharge: 35C
Wires: Silicone 8AWG
Battery connectors: NO
Balanced plug: YES
Aluminium plates: Yes

What happened is that I got suddenly stopped at like 30mph. What is weird is if there is too much power on the ESC... motors just need to go fail open which keep me rolling... otherwise maybe my motor wires are the problem (I have not changed them motor side, dunno which size is it look picture)

20140102_171335-FILEminimizer.jpg

I have restructured the electronics and removed the eagletree. Got the power switch below the ESC and moved the nyko receiver outside the box.

1417371483-img-1947.jpg

but I have now issues on synchronizing the wii nunchuck... really weird. Look this video I just did, After sync or whatever we can call it... motor never spins, and they I power off/on, and it acts weird.

[youtube]COhgNRqnm4s[/youtube]

Back