Fibretech FlyPAN 2015 Dual Diag 12S

What are those 4mm motor wire connectors? I use 6.5mm bullet connectors on the ESC side. From there it should be a straight shot with no breaks between the motor and the ESC. If you must use those connectors, you should secure them with heat shrink so they cant pull apart and phase out.

yes, but I cannot get it sync correctly
- I power on the board
- I wait for the beep of the motors
- I push C button on the transmitter and press quickly S button while keeping the C button pushed
- I release C button

then nothing happens. Motors don't turn by themselves.

@psycho : Yes, they are stock motor wires with 6mm on ESC side... but small connector on motor side. Every connector is secure individually with heat shrink, so no phase out is expected.

"Nooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" Haha

We'll I hope you get it sorted out soon...It's not fun to fly spur of the moment style. We've all been there though. :shock:

well, it's not working, as when I push you see that nothing happens, then one motor starts... then wait, then two starts... that's quite weird and unstable.

When I was into RC, when I push throttle, motors starts immediately... here, there's something wrong, which is really shown on this video. I have to be sure that everything is fine before getting back on this board and making sure the transmitter is flawless is the primary objective!

what can I do? change the transmitter? can it come from ESC ?

Try this: Power up board, press sync button on nunchuck once, then press Z and full throttle. Do this within the first beeps of the esc and it should work fine. The alien esc, especially the dual ones need a full throttle input within the first few seconds after powering up to boot properly. At least that is how I start mine after having similar issues a while back. Good luck!

Yeah, thats the button. Just press it once the ESC is powered up and the nunchuck should be synced immediately.

do you know if it's possible to put the ESC in fail open mode ? I mean if the amps/watts are too high for whatever reason.. the ESC just don't block the motors...

I assume this is what has happened last saturday but can't evidence it. What is sure is that it was not a rock and it's as also not mechanic, so only thing remaining is electronics

just to add my opinion for what its worth.. the nunchuck seem to be a big part of problems on the boards,,i had a nasty accident when i first used one of these and i was lucky to be only slightly injured..and so was a passer by...
I have at least 3 people this week who's had problems with them.. and you realise when things go wrong how powerful these machines are if not controlled correctly..
I say get rid if nunchucks.. there nothing but trouble.. and keep the installs as simple as possible on the boards... Rc hand controls are tried and tested to work perfectly with fail safes and high transmitter power.. that's why i use them..
sorry rant over.. :?

:) we had the same thoughts ! I ordered yesterday a RC transmitter from Hobbyking.

44693.jpg

I'm trying to find out what could have caused the immediate stop (motors just have brake) and my superman flight :)

- If too much amps goes on ESC, does it block motors ?
- If I loose transmitter signal... can it cause such block?

Thanks for the link, I'm gonna get this one instead.

im trying not to laugh at the 'superman' flight but i bet it was funny to see...lol.. ( i can laugh now your ok) i bet you wish your mate was following with a go-pro..that would have been a sure hit on Youtube...

well in my experience when the motors are cut by the ESC they dont stop dead but just stop being powered and so it seems like there been braked..as your not ready for the power stall...and its the motor resistance that brakes you...

so as i say best to keep everything as simple as possible on the setup- which i see you have already done..
get rid of nunchuck - which you have.
check all wire connections.
set to soft acc- and accept the lower speed..if i were you..
i don't see the bullets being a problem..its more about wire thickness if anything..

yes losing signal can cause braking and acceleration when not wanted..so its a big contributor..

okp said:
... I have not been more than 125A maximum...
duuude... that's already 3.6kW assuming you run on 7s battery, for sure you need something like motorbiker/superman clothes at that pace! :twisted:

beetbocks said:
im trying not to laugh at the 'superman' flight but i bet it was funny to see...lol.. ( i can laugh now your ok) i bet you wish your mate was following with a go-pro..that would have been a sure hit on Youtube...

well in my experience when the motors are cut by the ESC they dont stop dead but just stop being powered and so it seems like there been braked..as your not ready for the power stall...and its the motor resistance that brakes you...

so as i say best to keep everything as simple as possible on the setup- which i see you have already done..
get rid of nunchuck - which you have.
check all wire connections.
set to soft acc- and accept the lower speed..if i were you..
i don't see the bullets being a problem..its more about wire thickness if anything..

yes losing signal can cause braking and acceleration when not wanted..so its a big contributor..

well, that's funny ! in fact after the feedback to check the motor wiring (motor side), I fixed everything with heatshrink, isolation... It was 8PM, I was supposed to be out for 10 minutes just to test it (so no gopro on my helmet) and I was having so much fun. It was night (but street have light in Paris, so it's not a problem, I pick a closed street with high visibility, to avoid any pedestrian stuff; safety first). Just before leaving, I just did a full throttle ride... After reaching a good amount of speed (this was not dangerous, because I'm used of speed perception).... the board locked. When I came back, I was so disappointed to have not picked the go pro and also my phone mobile (to get a speed quote).

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
okp said:
... I have not been more than 125A maximum...
duuude... that's already 3.6kW assuming you run on 7s battery, for sure you need something like motorbiker/superman clothes at that pace! :twisted:

yes, I'm ordering them this week. Anyway, many dangerous falls are at low speed... but this one was massive, but not that crazy.

its always the 'quick' test runs that catch you out....i've done it many times..
i do wonder if faster falls seem to save you as your propelled forward more and rolling more ( as long as theres no lampost in the way)..as opposed to slow sudden stops..
yeah - i didn't read your specs before at 125a..your fooking pushing it..big balls mate!! respect...lol

well 125a was with slow acceleration :) but medium is such a better feeling. I went to hospital yesterday morning because I had huge pain in my thigh... especially after some hours or relief.

nothing is broke - good news. The guy told me that it's because I got significant core abdominals ... hopefully I have been training them intensively for 3 monthes.

The more i read about the problems the more i think it was the nunchuck that was at fault..the only time a motor locks up is if you cross the wires,short the wires or give it a reverse signal... if the esc cut power it wouldn't lock up but just stop accelerating..like letting off the throttle..but as I say if your not braced for the power cut it will through you off ..so thinking about the fall was it a lock /brake or just a power cut?

brake, because after I noticed that I was on the ground... I took the board and sat on the pavement, everything was functionnal. After 3 minutes of calm to understand what happened... I then came back to home as if nothing happened, riding on the board... at average speed.

Back