Fibretech FlyPAN 2015 Dual Diag 12S

thanks torque, I kept it - it is just ridiculously awesome; just want to have a dual rear alternative

made a new thread to keep things neat !

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=71511

:wink:

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

I will surely get this Vanguard, but to get the discount I need to get a complete deck. The shop don't have Kegels, but I think I could get 90mm Flywheels to give them a try on my existing 12S setup.

Any thoughts about that ... 83mm to 90mm ? I will be able to roll on cats but the board will be less "fun" or "aggressive on carve/manoeuvrable" but also heavier.

It's just plug and play, not sure I need to change anything or if it worth

- Pulley Size : 15T
- Gear Ratio : 32T

okp said:
gotta try it. no need to change anything in my pulleys ?

Should be fine. You could go higher gearing if you wanted for more top torque. If you don't need it 15T/32T should be fine which is 1:2.66.

I'm using 12T/36T for 1:3. I was using 16T/36T 1:2.25 and 20T/36T 1:1.8. I like more torque since I climb more hills 15-30% degree hills so I use 12S Dual 50mm on 12T/36T with 90mm wheels. The 20T/36T would occasionally get hot. Flat ground no issues.

Really Sweet video... I think the more quality videos made like this - the greater the acceptance we (builders of eboards) will gain from the broader community.....

thank you ! Credits goes to my friend Eric who did the video editing in like... 2 hours !

original video is on his vimeo channel here : http://vimeo.com/137047385

don't hesitate to comment on the original video

BShady said:
Does using higher torque setup use more watts?

Also does using bigger wheels also use more watts?

Not sure if higher torque uses more watts. I think it depends on controller input + load/difficulty getting the board up to speed which is what determines how much power.

I think bigger wheels would ask for more watts as a heavier rider would ask for more power. At least, that's my thinking.

well, I will second dexter. In fact, I just ride. I got a pretty good miles coverage and amazing torque/speed. I was really really doubtful regarding 90mm wheels. I thought my board will look like a tank... in fact if you keep it low by choosing the appropriate deck... it's pretty neat and sleak. I am actually riding 90mm flywheels and I have to admit that it is WAY better than 76mm. That's for sure. I also changed my bushing for some khiro orange cones.. it's really turny but also can handle 50km/h without any wooble. Just like my actual 12S setup.

okp said:
well, I will second dexter. In fact, I just ride. I got a pretty good miles coverage and amazing torque/speed. I was really really doubtful regarding 90mm wheels. I thought my board will look like a tank... in fact if you keep it low by choosing the appropriate deck... it's pretty neat and sleak. I am actually riding 90mm flywheels and I have to admit that it is WAY better than 76mm. That's for sure. I also changed my bushing for some khiro orange cones.. it's really turny but also can handle 50km/h without any wooble. Just like my actual 12S setup.

I too run 90mm wheels with the recommendation from torqueboards. At first I was a bit concerned wtih size and weight... and dealing with wheelbite becomes more of an issue with top mount.

After find a proper riser solution to compensate for truck size I find the 90mm probably the best solution for the time being.

fully agree with james.

did I loose some range? well probably; but my style of riding is really versatile; I push sometimes, just because I like it coming from skateboarding. I engage the throttle to get massive torque to compete with scooters :) and sometimes I just accelerate while carving to get this massive adrenaline. My view (which has radically changed as I was running 76mm at the beginning) is that 83/90 wheels with dual 63mm on 12S is just an awesome experience. The torque has not changed at all, still impressive. I notice I am now getting at 40km/h much more faster, with more engagement and probably consumming more amps to get there.

At the end, I still get a great miles coverage and for 70 USD... got four 3S pack that I carry in my photo backpack. These are light and I can double the miles coverage anytime.

okp said:
mmm don't know, is it displayed on the wattmeter ? no more than 80A as I have a 80A fuse.

on my watt meter it does a cycle of the max values. My guesstimate is less than 25A max.

What's the topspeed?

Back