formal introduction

Nice work on everything. I thought you were going to show us "how to" put that carbon stuff on? The materials, etc... and pictures. Instead you show the finished box. :)

All,

Finally secured a 48V/10.5 AH pack for my "girlfriends" :lol: Norco. (She's still a little leary of these crazy machines)Wiring it up tonight, tightening everything down on the bike tommorrow. Have a buddy that was also a fellow cyclist (used to work for Dirt Rag) back in the day. He was there for the very first twist of the throttle way back when the first blue bike was powered up and piloted down my street.... We're gonna ebike down to the city of pittsburgh at a nice, easy holiday week end pace.

Just ate a half pound burger. Watching cops with one eye, my current project with the other. I am getting fat. And slow. But my ebikes are getting better and better. :wink: Life is good fellas, life is good.....

I'll post some pics of the journey monday night.

Peace,

Len

Neat clean and fantastic results not surprising your a happy chappy :) Top job..

Dman said:
Nice work on everything. I thought you were going to show us "how to" put that carbon stuff on?

I have used this several times myself on pc case mods, alot of the youngins are currently using it to 'pretty' up their Logitech keyboards :-S (available on ebay 15 bucks a roll FYI) a damp rag a plastic rule (credit card or similar would do) and a heat gun (not essential but helps on the tightest corners) is all you need OH... and a tube of super glue (doesnt stick so well on the ends i found the super glue stops it lifting on the edges) The film is pretty much identical to the contact you buy to cover school books and line kitchen cupboards with, peel the backing off at the start stick it to whats being covered using the plastic rule slide it along whilst sticking/peeling backing paper off, wipe over with damp rag and use the rule to workout any trapped air bubbles, run a bead of superglue along final edge prior to sticking (not essential but i recommend it) Also best to clean the too be covered object with spirits to remove dirt/grease/grime)

Hope this helps :)

Lenk42602 said:
Just ate a half pound burger.... I am getting fat. And slow. But my ebikes are getting better and better. :wink: Life is good fellas, life is good.....
Ah so... but once you give up eating meat, life is good for the cow too.

:mrgreen:

Aussie, thank you for your compliments. I'm actually going to upgrade to a better fork on the stealth bike - it's a bit noodly and I want to put a disc up front. Always refining......

TD, I don't know what happened to me. Used to never eat red meat. Last few years I have turned into an animal flesh devouring machine. Oh well...My monk friends tell me it is okay...

So I couldn't stand it. Got the Norco pretty much done this evening. I have the 5304 motor on this one - much quicker than the 5303 on my stealth fast bike! Feels pretty good. Going to spend tommorrow afternoon fabbing up some torque arms for this bike, and cleaning up the ones on the stealth bike.......

v20005-1.jpg

v20003-1.jpg

I feel like I have come up with a tight little mounting system. These center mount batt/controller systems can literally be unbolted and transferred to another bike with very few tools...

After mondays' trip I should be able to confirm the range on this pack....

peace,

len

I quite like your mounting system. Do you plan on leaving the battery on each bike when it's parked, however?

Toshi,

thank you. Yes i do plan on leaving the batteries on the bike when parked. One would need some tools and to know exactly what they are looking for to obscond with my precious power supplies.

Besides, I never leave my bikes unattended longer or further than I can see visually. This habit ain't cheap! :mrgreen:

Okay gents, decided to get rid of my noodly fork on the stealth bike. Upgraded to a used Rock Shox Judy Pilot. 80 mm, adjustable preload. Muuch stiffer, but best of all, disc mounts. Once the front and back rim-brake rims need replaced, I am definitely upgrading to disc, andthen lacing disc hubs to 20 or 24 inch hoops (maybe - just a little leary of quality tire selection in these rim sizes). Going to purchase a cheap motorcyle suspension fork brace and install on the stanchions about 1.5 inches below the fork crown if possible. Here's some pics. So far it feels better. I'll take her for a spin and report... Pics:
v20009-1.jpg

v20008-1.jpg

This is what those puny traditional cyclists see after I run their arses down, and then over...... :mrgreen:

v20010-1.jpg

Well, it rained all day. Pens just ended their quest for the Stanley Cup tonight....

Managed to fab up a second fork brace for my front suspension fork. While the factory integrated brace is nice, this is the same idea, except mounted behind the fork, and bolted to the factory brace. Makes for a super stout upgrade, a really solid front fork. Condsidering the minimal amount of travel I need, this should do just fine now. Just had this nasty feeling that some sort of catastrophic event was waiting to happen with the old fork @ 40mph....

I had a few blem'd fork braces from Brooklyn Machine Works (got em for free back a while ago) laying around, as well as some flat bar metal stock. Purchased a pair of 35 mm turn signal relocation clamps (for harleys). 35mm happens to be the outer diameter of the stanchion tubes on the judy pilot fork. Had to fab up a few tangs out of 3/16 flat stock - the BMW brake support did not reach the clamp mounts.. Some day i will get a mill/lathe/press so I can mill my own parts. Plus I gotta get better with my welder.......

Apologize in advance for the crappy images...
v20012-1.jpg

v20015-1.jpg

v20016-1.jpg

v20017-1.jpg

v20018-1.jpg

v20019-1.jpg

v20020-1.jpg

Riding the beast into work tomorrow - I will report back with ride characteristics....

Oh, and thanks todd - Btw, I have graduated to Air Cooled VW's nowadays.....

Reminds me of the goofy pre-Manitou reverse arch forks... Here's one from a bike ahead of its time, the Crosstrac Sonoma. 4"? inches of air-sprung travel at both ends, back in 1994.

crossfork1ir7.jpg

TylerDurden said:
Lenk42602 said:
Just ate a half pound burger.... I am getting fat. And slow. But my ebikes are getting better and better. :wink: Life is good fellas, life is good.....
Ah so... but once you give up eating meat, life is good for the cow too.

:mrgreen:

What about veggies? Plants have feelings too! :wink:

Wow, fat and slow. Hmm, well, I am going bald. At least you can diet............... :mrgreen:

Matt

Nice build, by the way.

Back