foundingpower programmable bms

mark133 said:
Thanks Eason

1. So are you saying that the cell sitting at 3500mv is okay and not to worry?

2. So now that it keeps going into bleeding and then recharging and the alarm sounding while bleeding should I leave it doing this ie. is this classed as "balancing"?

3. Is there a way to disable the alarm while it is bleeding the cells?

Thanks

Mark
alarm will not be sound when bleeding.Please look at the "state" of battery.You can screenshot to me.

Bazaki said:
catchnn.jpg

I do have the CS BMS et Alu casing and I think Im going to like it but maybe someone can help me with the wiring ?

I use 18s lipo made of 3 x 6s turnigy 5000mah

Eason sent me the above diagram but I have a 18s Lipo pack, all cells connected in series, I do not understand pin 16 and 17, V10 is not a – it is the + of batt V10, becasue it is next to Batt v9+, then ofcourse v10 is not a – but a +

And pin 1 and 2 are going to the same cell tab right ?

It is confusing, the Jst connectors of the turnigy are have 7 pins, pin 7 of 6s pack nr 1 is the same as pin 1 of 6s pack nr 2 right ? So I connect them to each other and see it as only 1 pin ? The same for pack 2 pin 7 and pack 3 with pin 1

I hope someone can help me out.

18s cells connection:
Connector 1: V- V- 1+ 2+ 3+ 4+ 5+ 6+ 7+ 8+ 9+ / / / 9+
Connector 2:10-(9+) 10-(9+) 10+ 11+ 12+ 13+ 14+ 15+ 16+ 17+ 18+ / / / 18+
Please connect your cells according to this table.

FoundingPower said:
mark133 said:
Thanks Eason

2. So now that it keeps going into bleeding and then recharging and the alarm sounding while bleeding should I leave it doing this ie. is this classed as "balancing"?

Thanks

Mark
alarm will not be sound when bleeding.Please look at the "state" of battery.You can screenshot to me.

alarm.jpg

mark133 said:
FoundingPower said:
mark133 said:
Thanks Eason

Thanks

Mark

Please note there is "over voltage" alarm.some of your cells are over voltage.
Please check the "OV limit" parameters you set in 2nd page.and you also can screen shot the 2nd page to me .

If you want to make a pack of 34s LiPo, can you use two of these units and will they connect to each other..so What I am asking is can you daisy chain as may as these as you need to make bigger packs?

NeilP said:
If you want to make a pack of 34s LiPo, can you use two of these units and will they connect to each other..so What I am asking is can you daisy chain as may as these as you need to make bigger packs?

No you can not yet.
We are developing a "daisy chain" moudel.
When finish developing ,you may at most use 120S(5*24S) BMS main moudel.

Would be great for my 3x 28s3p a123 pack. Hope to see it soon.
Any other developments, maybe display for android ?

I have not read the whole thread yet. Need to read up and see what this can really do. I mean will it be suitable to fit to a bike for someone with NO knowledge..I build the pack..give it to them and then it is just plug, charge, use and forget?

I'm about ready to try something easy like one of these. I am getting tired of pluging and unpluging the wiring mess to my rc pack

Hi Eason heres a link to whats happening!!!!!!!

Even with all cells sitting below 3450mv and start charging it just keeps going until the first cell (No 16) hits 3650mv and then bleeds all of them with the alarm sounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZ9g5kKNJs

Hi. Have you tried changing hvc to 3490mv? One cell is charging faster than the others, might be solved after few full cycles.

mark133 said:
Hi Eason heres a link to whats happening!!!!!!!

Even with all cells sitting below 3450mv and start charging it just keeps going until the first cell (No 16) hits 3650mv and then bleeds all of them with the alarm sounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZ9g5kKNJs
I can not visit youtube in China.
I think Agniusm is right.Your 16 cells is charging faster than others,and it could easy to reach OV(3650),so BMS alarm "OV".
Please set CHG limit to lower value or you can set the OV limit to higher value.

Hi, I've tried all sorts this afternoon but to no avail,

Could someone explain what is meant to happen in the charging and balancing process?

Cell 16 just seems to race past the chg_limit until it hits the overvoltage limit and the alarm sounds

Yours

Well confused :cry:

The way i understand it:
Charging starts, when one/few of the cells hits HVC, charging stops and it is discharge to the level of other cells than charging kicks in again. This is repeated until all cells are at the same voltage fully charged. If it is capacitor bms than high voltage is transferred to other cells.
Have you tried to discharge the pack then charge it again? Perhaps couple of cycles would help?

Am going for a discharge right now, is there a quicker way to discharge the pack as I have it connected to the bike on full throttle but I think it will take ages with no load on the motor

What voltage would you recommend I take the cells down to?

I see this happening also with a power lab 8. If your charging with say above 4-5 amps you will drive the voltage up quickly on that particular cell. Apparently the charger can't cope with it. And the others aren't really to far behind, but it goes into a safety charge of .5a and brings the other cells down to all the same voltage. If charging with lower current the balancing seems to go better. Oh these are a123 20a cells which I'm getting 17.5ah out of and doesn't matter the load.

mark133 said:
Am going for a discharge right now, is there a quicker way to discharge the pack as I have it connected to the bike on full throttle but I think it will take ages with no load on the motor

What voltage would you recommend I take the cells down to?

Please give the info of your charger.If the current of your charger is higher than 10A,
I suggest you to change the CHG_STOP_Current to 2000mA.
When charging to CV,current of charger become lower,hall sensor you got is +-200A,maybe <2A charging current will not be monitored by hall sensor,then bms will think charging stops and will not cut off at CHG_LIMIT,but charger continue to charge in a lower current until cells OV.

The charger is
Battery type* = LiFepo4 A123
Charge voltage* = 60v (18s) 18*3.65=65.7V
Amps= 10
600w

It came from:
http://www.bmsbattery.com/alloy-shell/27-alloy-shell-600w-lifepo4li-ionlead-acid-battery-ebike-charger.html

will still carry on discharging the battery tonight

mark133 said:
The charger is
Battery type* = LiFepo4 A123
Charge voltage* = 60v (18s) 18*3.65=65.7V
Amps= 10
600w

It came from:
http://www.bmsbattery.com/alloy-shell/27-alloy-shell-600w-lifepo4li-ionlead-acid-battery-ebike-charger.html

will still carry on discharging the battery tonight

Ok.please set CHG_STOP_CURRENT to 2000mA

Foundingpower, your BMS's are very interesting. Your website however, is difficult. I have a 21 series 6 Parallel A123 pack of 20AH cells(6 of the A123 Packs from Victpower), and may go up to 24S . I want a BMS for charging only, I do not want restrictions on Discharge, and would like to charge with up to 40 Amps. Which BMS does this, and how much is it, and how do I order?

Hi Eason
I changed the CHG_STOP_CURRENT to 2000mA and discharged the battery down to 50%.

While it was charging at one point I thought it was looking good when it was bleeding all cells except one that was catching up and it did this for ages.

At this point 17 cells were very close to each other (17 red lights flashing on and off) and one cell only 25mv out from the highest cell with no red light

And then for some reason the highest voltage cell had its red light on and just rose to the OV figure and the alarm sounded and it just keep going round in a loop charge/OV/discharge

Again it was cell sixteen that was the culprit (charging faster than the rest)

Do you think I should swap this cell out for another as i have a few spares?

Back