GCinDC's Giant DH Comp

Allex said:
You mister are crazy
i think that's a well documented sentiment. but all things are relative. did you just watch red bull rampage?

Allex said:
what does your wife say about your style? :)
she runs red lights as soon as it's clear, as do most other cyclists in dc. but her 24v bionx bike doesn't go quite as fast. but i digress. all of my family's worried about me on the bike. one of the reasons i don't make my youtube vids public. i just post them here.

my childhood riding days ended too soon, so we're having a bit of late fun.

i suspect i'll be punished by my children when they end up doing similarly stupid stuff.

as for the fuzz, i've seen these fellas a few times recently and they seem to have taken a keen interest in me.
[youtube]UaOpBd3XGWw[/youtube]
i slow down, pedal hard, and get home to make dinner.

Ow ya they were like WTF? happened to 3 of us yesterday,we were being ogled at a stoplight by minister of transport officers. 3 ES members street legal motorcycle batt powered.. 55mph ebike and me the slowpoke.well they cant catch you that's for sure :lol: .

Great video editing GC.

I 'd always wonder how ebikers clean their bike ? watching all you mud...
(ehy greg are you using a 8"(203mm) in front ? it seems smaller than the rear ?!? maybe a hub inlusion (9" are amazing to me...)
and yes I rode now that your controller is true sinwave which explain why it is quiter and more efficienty comparing to a classic one...cleaner signal...childhood :D :D

This afternoon I ran a red after stopping for cross traffic getting to the Potomac River on Virginia Ave. in full view of 2 motorcycle officers in the opposite lane. This was close to 4pm when they move barricades on Rock Creek Parkway. :mrgreen:

Nice new helmet Greg. I need to get a full face one day. Glad you got a set of trail tires. I see you are still riding clipless though. That would be the next step. My pedals are a hybrid, clipless on one side. Over the years, I find I prefer being locked in, even down sketchy trails. You just learn to twist out of them, when needed. The fact that the ball of your foot is anchored, plays a good part in control for me. Actually thinking of switching to a crank brothers setup for next year. Seeing your videos with the foot position looks awkward to me. Jumping is easier with clips, you can lift the bike. I usually do a slight compression, and then launch. Without clips, the bike just seems too loose to me.

kfong said:
Seeing your videos with the foot position looks awkward to me.
No kidding! I might have done a longer vid, but my feet looked so goofy. Looked like i had my heels on pedals, but i'm pretty sure the exact middle of the foot was on the pedal.

I use toe clips on my road bike, though only make use of them in upward motion when my legs are in good shape.

kfong said:
Jumping is easier with clips, you can lift the bike. I usually do a slight compression, and then launch. Without clips, the bike just seems too loose to me.
I think you edited that to add a note about jumping... Nice way to get my attention. Lol.

I used to ride my GT with my the balls of my feet centered on the pedals, but remember having a problem, particularly after jumping - maybe i strained a calf muscle? In any case, I actually researched it and some dh/mountain riders place the middle of the foot on the pedal. It still does feel awkward to me but does provide more support when jumping - or when LANDING, i should say. And with the seat so LOW, it's not like i need to stretch my legs to reach the pedals!

I totally believe your clips are better for hard core pedaling, but may be just too stubborn to carry another set of shoes around, along w/ my 1kw charger and my Ulock in my backpack. Good think i don't carry a laptop!

can't you go working with thoses DH shoes :D
fiveten-impact-2-low-shoe-43305.jpg

24022012233.jpg

five_ten_freeriders.jpg

dan974 said:
can't you go working with thoses DH shoes :D
maybe i should change jobs.

so tell me guys, does the thumbnail of the vid with a wheel in the air blow the surprise of the drop in the last vid. prolly, huh? i'm gonna change it.

some scenes from the commute to get up to pierce mill:
[youtube]j3VRc69YcNg[/youtube]

GCinDC said:
oh lookee, a visitor!
20131020_165654.jpg
8)
When are you getting a torque raptor :?: :D

That is one good looking lady , but not a stealth one....police starting to notice here in Greece.

Trackman417 said:
When are you getting a torque raptor :?: :D
no time soon. it's a behemoth. moonshine confessed - are we allowed to talk about this? - that after finishing the build, he's thinking lighter is the way to go!

i mentioned that my GT was 75 lbs and the dh comp was 92lbs(?). he said his raptor was only 75 lbs. i laughed and brought down the bathroom scale...

she weighed at 126lbs even. (moonshine, you got the pic of the scale?)

there's a lot to like about it, but his steering is stupid tight, dangerously tight - i thought i'd wipe in the alley, and his throttle is set to pussy mode. :p my wife's 24v bionx has more kick. ok, now i'm talking trash, but we're cool, right!?. :p

as is, i'd kill myself on trails, but with some throttle response, and loaded with cells - which is obviously it's strength - hell, she'll make a beautiful street machine. the forks were a bit more upright than i'd expected, but he could adjust them down a bit, but it struck me from the riding position they seemed more steep, better for racing maybe?

maybe there are some trails she'll be good on, but i'm down on DD hub motors for trails right now. :(

oh yeah, the cromo on 26" is another issue...

we live and learn! and that's what the forum's all about i hope! :wink:

pussy mode?! yea...well after i figured out the magura throttle should NOT go through the CA, i forgot to change the throttle settings on the kelly. Now it's almost on wheelie mode (3/10). i upped the current as well...125a motor and 100a battery. i do wish the bike was lighter....it's more of a moto now. probs start another build. :)

GCinDC said:
i mentioned that my GT was 75 lbs and the dh comp was 92lbs(?). he said his raptor was only 75 lbs. i laughed and brought down the bathroom scale...

:
Add another 5 or so pounds for the 4080 8)
Is that thing state side, at the very least? It would be pretty cool to see a cromotor racing a 4080 sometime in the near future.
How heavy is the bare raptor frame? I would have guessed around 90 pounds...... With a normal sized motor :D cool bike none the less.

my emoto build using a Kawasaki ke100 motorcycle with a 25lb perm132 motor - complete except for battery and controller weighs 120lbs.

I'm surprised the phasor weighs that much.

Yea....my bike would weigh 30lbs less WITHOUT a battery :)

dan974 said:
go back to Greg's chapel showing him what under Kelly's squirt @ full amp power I d like to known how he ll feel ;)
power is better but not yet to wheelie territory.

a strategy was required for balancing. i provided centronix connectors i bought before the adaptto and the hyena treatment is under way now:
20131023_181148.jpg

minor oops from the surgeon there... :shock:

Back