Help modding my controller

s7e

10 mW
Hi can anybody give me some pointers on modding this cheap controller? I have done a rather untidy shunt mod with solder which increased the amps from 25 to 40 which is nice but not enough!
I may be at the controllers limit but if not I would like to upgrade it until I'm at its limit. i have ordered some irfb4110 to replace the current Fets as 2 of them died a few days back. I have also ordered some 100v 470uf caps to replace the 4 63v main caps that are evident on the picture.

I would like to run it at 20s, would this be possible or do need to replace further components?

Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

And yes I am buying a decent controller but i would like to mod this to its limit first!

Cheers
S7eIMG_3811.JPGIMG_3813.JPGIMG_3814.JPGIMG_3815.JPG

i'd start with looking at the relevant threads here
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=mod*+controller*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
which generally will be obvious by title.

the ones that were successful and trying to do similar things to what you want would be the first ones to emulate. ;)

the ones that discuss why various things have to be done will help you know what to do and why, and/or what *not* to do, which is just as important.

Back