High AMP BMS

markass530

10 W
I'm *Really* good at finding things with google, but I cant find a place with 1S or 2S BMS's north of 15 AMps, anyone got any idea's?

For something simple like 2s, I'd be tempted to use a cell log 8s with cut-off relay

Cell logs seem to require 2s. Hmm, wonder if you just wanted to view health of batteries this might work for 1s:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10385__X6_5_Digital_Cell_Recorder_1S_6S_.html

Probably no real demand for a high current 1 or 2S BMS, as there aren't really any commercial applications for a product that would run at this low a voltage and that high a current. Most low voltage stuff is going to be low current as well. Even cordless power tools rarely seem to go below about 4S now, many are heading towards 8S.

The main technical issue is that making a BMS that will work at 1S and actively cut off under a fault condition is very difficult. The FET power switches in these things need more than about 5V to operate well.

There are a few bigger BMS units for multi-cell packs at reasonably prices, pretty much all aimed at the ebike/escooter market, plus there are a few home-brew designs (see elsewhere on here) that are scaleable from maybe 3 or 4S up to pretty high series cell counts.

Back