Installing a new controller on Taotao 806

I got a new controller with a 3-wire throttle cable, but the current throttle connector on this scooter has a total of four wires. Three wires look standard and are red, black and green. There is an extra wire that is blue/white, which I don't know what it is. Please let me know if you have any idea on how to find out the function of this blue/white wire and how to connect it to my new controller? Please find some photos attached of the current controller and the throttle connector. Thanks in advance.

Marcelo1969 said:
Please find some photos attached of the current controller and the throttle connector.
There are no attachments. Please use the attachments tab below where you type your post, and the Add Files button to upload them to the forum.

Thanks Markz. I will disconnect the throttle cable to check if the voltage gauge still works. Any idea on what wire I can use to replace it in the new controller?
Sorry I was not able to load the photos, I got the following message, which I didn't understand, as the photos were saved in my HD.
Thanks!

Error
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

Sorry, here are the photos. They were too large.

Attachments

• Throttle connection L.jpg
    Throttle connection L.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 472
  • Controller L.jpg
    Controller L.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 472
I found out that the fourth blue/wire in throttle connector sends a signal to the controller preventing the motor from turning when the brakes are on. Any idea on what wire to connect to it in the diagram attached? Thanks!

markz said:
Maybe a voltage gauge display is associated with your throttle.

Attachments

• controller wiring.jpg
    controller wiring.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 456
Marcelo1969 said:
I found out that the fourth blue/wire in throttle connector sends a signal to the controller preventing the motor from turning when the brakes are on.

I could be wrong, but if that's the case I'd expect it to be going to a brake lever and not the throttle. Can you tell where that wire goes after it comes out of the controller and passes through that connector? Does it actually go to the throttle or does it branch off to the brake lever?

Hi HK12K, I suspect that the blue/white wire actually comes from the brake levers and it is just grouped together with the throttle wires in a 4 pin connector. The signal is sent when I pull the brake levers, either the front or the back one. When I disconnect that wire, the throttle still works normally, so I suspect they are independent. In my new controller, there is a security power connection, would that be where I should connect this blue/white wire? It has two wires though, I believe one is ground.
I attached the photos of the throttle connector and the wire diagram of the new controller for your reference.
Thank you!

HK12K said:
Marcelo1969 said:
I found out that the fourth blue/wire in throttle connector sends a signal to the controller preventing the motor from turning when the brakes are on.

I could be wrong, but if that's the case I'd expect it to be going to a brake lever and not the throttle. Can you tell where that wire goes after it comes out of the controller and passes through that connector? Does it actually go to the throttle or does it branch off to the brake lever?

Attachments

• Throttle connection L.jpg
    Throttle connection L.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 435
  • controller wiring.jpg
    controller wiring.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 435
I believe that the ebrake wire will go to either high level plug or low level plug. I suspect that low level is regen braking and high level is active regen braking (active meaning it actually uses power to bring the wheel to a stop)

You probably want to connect it to low level. This thread may help explain things:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52391

(Don't connect it to the security power supply wires. They're probably just a power source for an external scooter alarm module.)

Thank you H12K. I will take a look at the link that you sent me.

HK12K said:
I believe that the ebrake wire will go to either high level plug or low level plug. I suspect that low level is regen braking and high level is active regen braking (active meaning it actually uses power to bring the wheel to a stop)

You probably want to connect it to low level. This thread may help explain things:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52391

(Don't connect it to the security power supply wires. They're probably just a power source for an external scooter alarm module.)

Back