• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Is 2012 the year of Colossus?

Arlo1 said:
BTW marko did tell me he is hoping to go to production FINALY soon. He gets Hall back middle of this month and I told them to look at WYE vs delta so once they check a few little things I told him the best plan is to sell something small like 20-50 for a small run then make sure people are happy then up the production after that. I am excited to see how others will make out with it.

Did you do a WYE versus delta test on the Colossus ? What was the outcome ?

Lebowski said:
Did you do a WYE versus delta test on the Colossus ? What was the outcome ?
soon.

Arlo1 said:
BTW marko did tell me he is hoping to go to production FINALY soon. He gets Hall back middle of this month and I told them to look at WYE vs delta so once they check a few little things I told him the best plan is to sell something small like 20-50 for a small run then make sure people are happy then up the production after that. I am excited to see how others will make out with it.

I confirm this. All the effort that was done to get this motor too be good and stable wouldnt mean anything without Arlos effor and enthusiasm as well as Lebowski and his wonderful brain and nice people who contributed to Arlos controller. I still cannot belive you did it Arlo.... From 0 to 100 percent working Sinewave bldc controller in one year- and lets not forget -THERE IS NO CONTROLLER TO BUY LIKE THIS ONE. BIG COMPANIES HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO PRODUCE THIS KIND OF CONTROLLER . Splinters vision of colossus based motorcycle and design is beautiful and detailed. I think its fair to say this year was Arlos year .
Colossus will be in sale thread for one moth and will be affordable. Info etc... will be posted 15.1.2013 or before- i dont want to talk about it now or give any specs so please dont ask. I will talk only to Arlo and Lebowski about new winding style since its the smallest thing we can do to adjust Colossus to new controller. My last year was 100 percent work on frames (will post soon)and some private things, but i am happy to say that Accountant Hal and i havent stopped with development and insisting on making it much better .

Stunning work guys, I can't wait to see how this plays out on actual bikes, atv, karts etc. I already have some ideas cooking for projects but am waiting for financials to be in position.

Back