Is this the same KnightMB that sold us out?

Thanks for the link LFP.
Now that I have read it a couple of times, I think it is his style of writing and phrasing.

It would explain why he has not been involved in the forum for a while.
I thought it was because he was busy with his internet business.

He described the project as,
A payment system for an ISP and a Visa-like card for a bank that can be charged with Bit Coins to make payments with it's value fixed to market prices on the fly.

The project went bust and sat in limbo/zombie status for a while.
In Feb 2011 he offed to buy the software and wallet files.

He posted on the 2nd May 2011 that the investors of the project had not decided yet.
On the 5th May 2011 the investors had sold the project to him. This included the wallet files.

When did the endless-sphere domain name changed hands to Trevor.
I think in the Open Letter thread it was revealed that the change over happened in May.
Maybe the mods can confirm this as they have access to the thread.

If it is the same person, knightmb, then the timing is interesting.
Maybe it was a case of being asset rich but cash poor.

Greg

Green Machine said:
I got a weird email from knight during the crisis from the following email: knightmb@knightmb.dyndns.org ...SO the dyndns connection is real.

dyndns dish out those sub domains as part of their services...so no connection apart from he is a customer of theirs, i believe.

Arlo1 said:
liveforphysics said:
Just curious, have you ever seen a more secure system for representing money? What is it?
Solid gold dude of course. We pay big money to dig it up out of the ground then we refine it and polish it up so we can bury it back in the ground and pay someone monthly to guard it! :mrgreen:

lol

Naw, really though, with gold, I can physically take it by force, and find who/where it is with a metal detector. I do agree 100% it has a constant value always, but not security from theft.

Paper money neither has constant value, can be duplicated way cheaper and easier than a bitcoin, and paper money is about equally easy to steal as gold (gold being sightly easier because a metal detector can help you find it).

Bitcoin seems to be pretty darn safe IMHO, and the mining concept to create them is pretty clever as well.

It's actually a non-fiat currency since each coin is a representation of work (like gold). Yet it's transfer is as simple as a virtual currency.

It's honestly pretty damn clever, and I wouldn't mind if it started becoming a more universally used currency.

liveforphysics said:
Naw, really though, with gold, I can physically take it by force, and find who/where it is with a metal detector. I do agree 100% it has a constant value always, but not security from theft.

Paper money neither has constant value, can be duplicated way cheaper and easier than a bitcoin, and paper money is about equally easy to steal as gold (gold being sightly easier because a metal detector can help you find it).

Bitcoin seems to be pretty darn safe IMHO, and the mining concept to create them is pretty clever as well.

It's actually a non-fiat currency since each coin is a representation of work (like gold). Yet it's transfer is as simple as a virtual currency.

It's honestly pretty damn clever, and I wouldn't mind if it started becoming a more universally used currency.
What happens when the man shuts down your account?

Amusing to see BTC trading at about $10 right now after opening the week at only about $7, while the stock markets have otherwise been taking a hammering this week...
Lock

Wow, is all I can say after reading this topic. When Trevor wouldn't answer my e-mails about how the forum was doing, I figured I would come check myself. It seems ownership has changed again. But lo and behold I find a major conspiracy topic like this. It was both disappointing to read and maybe at times funny since nearly 85% of the info about me here is someone else or the wrong person. But either way, I never ran anywhere. Seems most in this topic don't understand what it's like to have a real life with kids, family, and employees to take care of while running your own business.

I'm sure there is a great explanation as to what has happened recently for the forum to move again, maybe even a good excuse as to why someone has started a "sold us out" topic. But I'm not interested in either. I've not come here to defend anything, only to write how disappointed I am in everyone that wants to participate in the conspiracy of this topic. Everyone knows there is always two sides to a story, but this goes beyond that. You can't have two sides to something like this steaming pile of rants and manipulations.

I wish the best to everyone that the new, new ; forum owner will be able to keep the community going strong and if everyone feels this is the best, may it blossom in the future. I'm not going to throw a fit and demand all my account posts be removed or scream that I will never come back. To the contrary, there are many good people here and I'll visit from time to time, still post when I can. Continue on as I always have, I just won't be a part of topics like this anymore.

knightmb said:
Wow, is all I can say after reading this topic. When Trevor wouldn't answer my e-mails about how the forum was doing, I figured I would come check myself. It seems ownership has changed again. But lo and behold I find a major conspiracy topic like this. It was both disappointing to read and maybe at times funny since nearly 85% of the info about me here is someone else or the wrong person. But either way, I never ran anywhere. Seems most in this topic don't understand what it's like to have a real life with kids, family, and employees to take care of while running your own business.

I'm sure there is a great explanation as to what has happened recently for the forum to move again, maybe even a good excuse as to why someone has started a "sold us out" topic. But I'm not interested in either. I've not come here to defend anything, only to write how disappointed I am in everyone that wants to participate in the conspiracy of this topic. Everyone knows there is always two sides to a story, but this goes beyond that. You can't have two sides to something like this steaming pile of rants and manipulations.

I wish the best to everyone that the new, new ; forum owner will be able to keep the community going strong and if everyone feels this is the best, may it blossom in the future. I'm not going to throw a fit and demand all my account posts be removed or scream that I will never come back. To the contrary, there are many good people here and I'll visit from time to time, still post when I can. Continue on as I always have, I just won't be a part of topics like this anymore.

Wow.

oatnet said:

I was also at a loss for words when I read knightmb's above post. I'm not now but will refrain from calling him a greedy dillweed with zero class.

Mods: before this gets ugly again, why not ban him forever. He has done more damage to this forum that safe ever did.

:shock: :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all the laughs. That is a very rich statement old ex webmaster.
Morph would be proud of such a post.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Get bent, Michael. I for one would prefer to not hear from you again.
I'm still pissed off about the BS you pulled.

Good riddance.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=658.0

(I don't have any where near a full understanding of what is going on here, but knightmb does look like he is in way over his head)

Bitcoin Forum

Economy => Marketplace => Topic started by: MoonShadow on July 31, 2010, 11:02:34 PM

Title: Local bitcoin market.
Post by: MoonShadow on July 31, 2010, 11:02:34 PM
Anyone else in the greater Louisville, Kentucky area?

Title: Re: Local bitcoin market.
Post by: knightmb on August 01, 2010, 09:13:04 PM
About the closest you'll find so far is me, as part of the greater Nashville, TN area.

Post by: imnichol on August 01, 2010, 10:06:49 PM
Minnesota up in here!

Post by: llama on August 02, 2010, 02:47:38 AM
Cincinnati!

knightmb said:
Wow, is all I can say after reading this topic. When Trevor wouldn't answer my e-mails about how the forum was doing, I figured I would come check myself.

How noble of you to pop-in for a peek at how things are going for the guy you took for 10's of thousands of dollars to profit from our donated work! Like you were not watching as things went down, and intentionally dodging all attempts at communication from the person you sold it to.

knightmb said:
that the new, new ; forum owner will be able to keep the community going strong and if everyone feels this is the best, may it blossom in the future.

Of course it will be fine now. It's in Justin's hands. Are you honestly pretending like you don't know it's in the hands of the person who donated cash to you from his own pocket to cover expenses of hosting it? Acting like you don't know Justin, or that it's some surprise that you're just now discovering?

What a piece of work this guy is.

knightmb said:
But lo and behold I find a major conspiracy topic like this. It was both disappointing to read and maybe at times funny since nearly 85% of the info about me here is someone else or the wrong person.

It's likely just another user with the same first and last name who also picked KnightMB a username who also happens to live in Nashville TN area, who also work(s/ed) in datacenter/hosting industry, who also likes bicycling as a hobby.

knightmb said:
I've not come here to defend anything, only to write how disappointed I am in everyone that wants to participate in the conspiracy of this topic.

Definitely not the same KnightMB that scammed Trevor into buying a forum to use our donated IP for his financial gain. (and possibly used this money to buy out his un-knowing, uncomprehending employeer from there server resources that had made millions of dollars worth of bitcoins for the totally unrelated KnightMB.

Just a totally unrelated guy folks, nothing to see here. There must be tons of other KnightMB's with the same name in the same area with the same occupation and hobbies.

And a different datacenter Michael Brown who happened to choose the name White Knight for his previous company. A big misunderstanding here. We owe an apology, maybe whip around to raise some money and buy him something nice to say sorry.

... so there you have the forum's current apparent perspective. If your up to it, why not present "the other side of the story." Should be interesting, to say the least. BTW be sure to address the bit coin "thing," it would be good to understand the new monetary system of the net.

The rise and fall of bitcoin...a complete synopses of the entire situation by Wired Magazine which includes mention of knightmb. ". A Tennessean dubbed KnightMB, who held 371,000 bitcoins, became worth more than $10 million, the richest man in the bitcoin realm."

A very good read.

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/11/mf_bitcoin/

Whoa, that article is appropriately titled. Bitcoins are down 80% vs USD since August, with an $0.18 spread: bid 2.41, ask 2.59, according to http://bitcoincharts.com/
Ouch.

Wait wait WTF happened here? Recap me, someone?

Popped in randomly because I found ES stuffed in my bookmarks somewhere and this seems like srs business worth inquiring about.

Hi, BTW.

Hey Link, welcome back. Michael (KnightMB) sold the forum to someone nobody heard of. This poor sucker introduced himself, said he was planning on making some changes and improvements (software, hardware, bandwidth upgrades, etc.) and paying for them with banner ads. Many of the people who had spent years filling the ES forum with top quality ebike information got pissed that some third party was claiming ownership and trying to monetize the forum. Some were really, really pissed and started downloading and then deleting their threads. The new 'owner' didn't know what to do, and eventually an agreement was reached whereby Justin of ebikes.ca ended up buying the poor bastard out and hosting ES himself.

Link said:

Popped in randomly because I found ES stuffed in my bookmarks somewhere and this seems like srs business worth inquiring about.

Hi, BTW.

Eureka! We've found the missing Link! :lol:

2 years since your last post, hope you are still getting your EV grin on. :D

-JD

julesa said:
Hey Link, welcome back. Michael (KnightMB) sold the forum to someone nobody heard of. This poor sucker introduced himself, said he was planning on making some changes and improvements (software, hardware, bandwidth upgrades, etc.) and paying for them with banner ads. Many of the people who had spent years filling the ES forum with top quality ebike information got pissed that some third party was claiming ownership and trying to monetize the forum. Some were really, really pissed and started downloading and then deleting their threads. The new 'owner' didn't know what to do, and eventually an agreement was reached whereby Justin of ebikes.ca ended up buying the poor bastard out and hosting ES himself.

Oh boy...drama... :roll:

Take it Justin's doing well for himself in that case?

oatnet said:
Eureka! We've found the missing Link! :lol:

2 years since your last post, hope you are still getting your EV grin on. :D

-JD

To a minimal extent. Been reaaaaaaalllly lazy, actually. I'm a horrible procrastinator and tend to get worse about it when it's actually, you know, important. Haven't really been doing that well, but things seem to be picking up for now.

As it stands, one bike needs a new controller and the other needs, uh, another new controller. Been sitting in the garage for some time now, but that should change soon because school is much too far to be powering my own way there. Then again, wearing a backpack full of textbook is bad enough, nevermind the Xbox hueg battery. Mebbe I make it half-size and just not go so fast...eh I'll think of something.

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
Hi Rule!
it's great to have our resident boy-genius back.
there was almost nothing left for you to come back to.
for details the thread from black friday should be in the cesspool if the mods haven't removed it?
howz yer dog been doin?

Not too bad, I'd wager. Lost quite a bit of weight, definitely a lot stronger than when I got him. Better behaved on walks, too. Still doesn't fetch unless it's for something he can fight you over, though.

(Was this 512kB limit on .jpg always there?)

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 2,882
Link said:
Then again, wearing a backpack full of textbook is bad enough, nevermind the Xbox hueg battery. Mebbe I make it half-size and just not go so fast...eh I'll think of something.
Maybe make a rack you can hang two backpacks or other bags from, as side panniers on the back? (or front)

Link said:

Hi, BTW.
Oh hey, Link. good to see you.
Last I knew, you had a liquid cooling project going on

Dee Jay said:
Oh hey, Link. good to see you.
Last I knew, you had a liquid cooling project going on

Still ongoing, strictly speaking. I never got another brushless controller capable of throttling the MAD VOLTAGE I intended to feed it and the one I had was/is tied up with the main bike. It's technically ready to go, it's just...I'm kinda jobless and broke right now...perhaps once I pawn a few hundred bucks worth of stuff off on eBay I'll get back to it.

Likely, really, considering League of Legends has finally lost its lustre and I'm not liable to be playing much anymore. Fun fact: Being really, really (top ~0.4%) good at a competitive, team-centric video game sucks when you're forced into an appropriate skill bracket. NO FUN ALLOWED; TRYHARDING ONLY; META TEAM COMP; FINAL DESTINATION.

Back