KMX Video Multi Angle Camera Shots

knoxie

1 MW
Hello

Got out in the sunshine on the KMX, was a load of fun, hit a local park and our cycle paths, got some good speed down the hill on here.

Using one of the Point-1 lipo packs, stayed luke warm even in that little bag on the side, great performance, the bike in this mode 37V 40A will do about 25mph on the flat and accelerates very well indeed.

Anyway here it is

http://tinyurl.com/35833u

As usual with google its a good idea to download the google video player and then download the file as it is much better quality.

Cheers

Knoxie

hey mate,

another cracking video-loving the tunes too :)
i have to admit even though the kmx isn't my thing im pretty impressed just by how much fun your having!! its speed is really good too, must be the low cam but it flew in places haha - what where reaching flat out?
lol,at 1.05 in the vid did you get the front wheel off the path?? looked like it dropped off and you cut at that point?what happened after that? :lol:
again keep the vids coming knoxie,inspirational!

cheers,

D

awesome! makes me want to get one of those KMX's - pitty its just not really practical where i live :S

keep them coming Knoxie!

Haydon

edit: its also amazing what 36v can do!

It's surprised me that a company (bicycle, etc) hasn't approached any of you to film on their bike and make it into a commercial. Would be a great way to showcase their bike plus the viral marketing ability these online videos have today.

Really nice video, mate! I feel like I have seen Springtime in the UK from a REALLY fast, low-flying insects' (with excellent taste in music) point of view.

8)

Thanks for making it! Could you show us how the camera(s) were mounted? -S

Another great video Knoxie. 8) Keep 'em coming

Have you tried drifting the trike through a corner yet? takes lots of body english but would make a spectacular video and the sound of the 3 tyres srubbing is unreal.

And a product you may find interesting with your interest in videoing on the go. http://www.boomstick360.com/

I bet you could make it jump on that lump at 3:33 - 3:36.
If you push it real hard.

And what's this about drifting trikes?

Oi Knoxie,

Would you be so kind as to re-post this video on YouTube so that our friend in China can see it too?

A large fish-'n-chips-wrapped-in-the-days-news-worth-of thanks to you, -S

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the comments so far, glad you enjoyed the video, it is available on youtube as well here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKvu9qkdq2A

I will post some pictures of the camera mounts as well Steve, I use a ram-mount system which is very stable, it did not vibrate half as much as I though it might do when I had it mounted low down so I am pleased about that.

The head shots were done with the camera mounted upside down just inside the mouthpiece of my full face helmet.

The KMX does handle great and its more than quick enough on just 37V, it can put out 1.4KW or so when needed which is fine inches off the ground, I was keeping the speed down a lot on this video as there were people around and I was on the cycles lanes, I opened it up just after I crossed the road with the traffic lights and that bit was uphill! you can see on the video its going quick and then the first park section with the windy white line that was quick as well.

I know the KMX isn't practical for everyone and you do get people looking and some people glare at you I think people think its a go kart?

I think Barry from KMX has seen the videos and liked them, I have to put links up to Team Hybrid and Tony as they gave me all this to play with in the first place, I hope they get some return from it I know they have already.

I am sure I can get some air on the rise in the park on 72V I must dig out my elbow pads, it corners great but if you push it you can get it up on 2 wheels easily, which I have done a few times!!! fun but expensive and painful if I go over either side.

We had some fantastically warm weather here over the Easter break so it was nice to get out and do some filming.

Thanks again

Knoxie

Mathurin said:
I bet you could make it jump on that lump at 3:33 - 3:36.
If you push it real hard.

And what's this about drifting trikes?

It's great fun, unfortunately putting the shell on my trike means I can only do it in the wet now as I can't lean far enough to keep all the wheels on the ground otherwise. (it's the only downside.)
Basically you enter a corner (preferably very smooth) at a higher speed than is sane whilst hanging over the side of the trike as far as you can (inside of corner of course) and it is quite possible to corner whilst sliding across the lane. Getting the 2 front wheels to slide and generate oversteer is easy. 3 wheels takes practise :)

Ill try that!

If I had a rear brake I could lock the back wheel out, I left the brake off as you dont need it, the 2 x front discs are amazing and stop you dead. I think I would consider adding a rear disc brake though if I used a hub motor, you can never have enough stopping power.

Feet also stop you very quickly on this in an emergency, id rather rely on the discs though.

I think it may be fun taking it to a little loose dirt and hanging the back out and drifting it, will need the arms pads on for that one!

Cheers

Knoxie

I've spent many hours on 3 wheels.. but the Honda ATC type...

On my 85 250 SX i can pull a multi-ring donut if i keep the rev's WAY up and lean like i'm kissing the foot-pegs lol... The quad guys just don't understand it takes skill to break loose on 3 wheels without flipping over. :?

Nice vid knox !!

On my 85 250 SX i can pull a multi-ring donut if i keep the rev's WAY up and lean like i'm kissing the foot-pegs lol...

I had an '85 Yamaha 225 DX. Loved it.

Hi

I rode one once and got my foot trapped under the rear wheel! that was scary i tell you!

3 wheels can be great fun!

Cheers

Knoxie

Hi Knoxie,
Nice vid :D
I got me a KMX this year too, and can only say....WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Amazing fun, best vehicle I have ever owned! (and I'm no spring chicken!)

Have to say though, regarding the rear brake, I fitted a vbrake to the back of mine (with hubmotor), and at best its good for a parking brake, and handbrake turns on grass (to amaze the kids). On the road, it is a liability, does little to stabilise the back wheel, and locks up at the drop of a hat. I'm now worried about letting friends try it, because first instict when stopping has them equal braking, and on the verge of flipping :?

Hi

Yes the KMX are brilliant fun, a bit of a luxury really but i do love using it, I have never had a rear brake on it and have read from others that the rear brake is a dangerous thing to use as well, to be honest it doesnt need it as the front ones stop it just fine.

Would like to see some pictures of your bike, you can post them on here, try and make sure they are roughly 600 x 400 in size as not to make the posts too big.

Cheers

Knoxie

Have a m8 with a camera coming down this weekend..I'll get something sorted :)
It's running with a 408@72v and30A. On 13AH Nimh (from TMK batteries) Tackles any hill easily, and has a top speed of about 35mph.
I'm really looking foreward to trying out the new Puma....any word on when it will be ready to test?

Hello

I am creeping up to it, my frame bracket isnt man enough for the torque of 72V on the 26 inch bike, in the BMX its spread 4 sheets of mild steel apart with the sheer force so I need to fashion a much more beefy bracket, but yes I am hoping it will be fine at 72V with the modified controller.

I have done 45mph on the KMX its scares the bee jesus out of ya! ha ha :shock:

Looking forwrd to seeing some pics and video maybe?

Cheers

Knoxie

First-class Knoxie!

I love the 'urban assault' look of your KMX. Just imagine if we could replace all the SUVs with motorised KMXs. The morning school run would be a blast.

You ever had any hassle from the police on any of your high-speed electric rides?

Hi Malc

Thanks for that!! yes the KMX is brilliant and i have no Doubt I will be out for a nice blast this weekend, its so much fun a Puma motor would be great on it as well, even more stealthy as well!!

I have been past many police on the KMX and only ever get a smile! they know its not illegal (in the bike sense) however I have had a few shouts from normal car drivers, like have you got a licence for that thing and the like, I think that some of them don't believe its road legal and think its a go-kart or something? I can understand that and I never shout back, I love ignoring people it gets their backs up more, I wasnt sure at first if the KMX was legal on the road and had to check to I do understand people honking and stuff.

The electric BMX will get me stopped one day as I cant peddle it really, however I don't use it on the road much, mainly off road and in the park, the big Trek my main ride is much more obviously powered, I was stopped a month or so ago by the cops for pulling out on them at a roundabout, they read me the riot act and stuff and never even noticed the bike! ha ha I am not kidding, they didn't look at the bike!! the cop said to me if I hit you with this car you will be dead! I felt like replying well actually statistics say that as long as you are travelling below 30mph there is an 80% chance I will live and that's with a crash helmet on!!

Nobody likes a smart ass so I kept is shut and did the Alan Partridge traffic cone thing! you know the one traffic cone theft! ha ha, didn't give a fake name though!! ha ha

Nice weekend for a bike ride, may take the gasser out this weekend and pop up to Tanworth in Arden.

Have a nice day.

Knoxie

knoxie said:
...try and make sure they are roughly 600 x 400 in size as not to make the posts too big....

Guys, here's an easy, easy way to resize pictures to fit the posts:

screenshot.
see the box I've checked:

That's a Gadwin (freeware!) screenshot.
It's a low-res capture because that's sufficient for this illustration.
You can elect for full resolution too--larger file size though.

The capture was of the entire width of a 19" monitor screen.
By selecting the resize option I get the largest non-spreading image for a 19" monitor screen

You can also resize smaller than I've done here.
I don't know that 17" screens won't have a spread view.
If they do, tell me and I'll resize the image smaller.

From my view on a 19"er, this screenshot fits the post width and does not spread the page. No scrolling button appears here.

The resize feature at imageshack.us will take care of all resizing needs.

Say, if -you don't want to use imageshack- for your posting pictures for whatever reason?

well then, let imageshack resize your picture,
then preview the picture, save-as the picture,
and then upload the picture to this forum's server using the attach-image function.

Click on the image above to go directly to imageshack for your own trial.
No registration whatsoever is needed.
It's free and it's forever, and the company is very large and long-established.
I've used it exclusively for years now.

hope this helps,
r.

Back