Lebowski's bike build #1 one year and 6000 km later

hjns said:
ouch, that must have been some nice steep hill. Well, now at least you have time to finish the high voltage controller.... :mrgreen:
Been very busy with that one, very interesting :) been popping one specific gate driver but found the cause now, will fix this tomorrow.i already ran my big me 602 scooter motor with the controller. I will slowly up the amps and fix whatever issues I find, the aforementioned gate driver being the first thing to go... very very interesting project this high power controller :mrgreen:

Well, don't you go too fast now, because yesterday evening my drBass rear dropouts broke away from the frame. I need to find another solution for attaching cromotor to the frame....

In the meantime, your controller could power up the cromotor, but without us sitting on the bike...

hjns said:
Well, don't you go too fast now, because yesterday evening my drBass rear dropouts broke away from the frame. I need to find another solution for attaching cromotor to the frame....

In the meantime, your controller could power up the cromotor, but without us sitting on the bike...
The controller is already turning a ME602, a motor which makes the cromotor look like a little toy :mrgreen:
We'll try it when the controller and motor are both ready for it

The beginning of this month I passed the one year commuting mark on my bike. I've used it rain or shine,
through sleet, snow and over ice, every work day to cycle 11.5 km to work and 11.5 km back (with 150 height
meters a day). By now I have around 6000 km on it. I can truly say that the bike has been amazing, except for 2 flat
tires I have had no breakdowns, the whole electronic system and motor have performed flawlessly. In the winter
it was even so bad the rear shifter didn't work anymore due to snow and ice having frozen on all the gearwheels
of the rear mech (except for the one I was cycling with), so I had to do the remaining 5km to work on motor
power alone. No problem !
The bike is set up for 1 kW, I use it as an assist so I pedal but (with my torque throttle) ask for motor power
such that it's a nice and easy cycle without sweating (which is especially nice in winter with a thick
coat on, I used to sweat but not with the motor, nice). Typical consumption per day is about 1.8 Ah
from 20s lipo, so about 145Wh for 23 km including 150m of climbing. Speedlimit is set to 26km/h.

View attachment 9
View attachment 8
DSC01340.jpg
DSC01341.jpg
DSC01342.jpg
DSC01343.jpg
DSC01344.jpg
DSC01345.jpg
View attachment 1
DSC01347.jpg

Very nice, Bas, I am immensely impressed. Wish I had your skills.

lebowski-Typical consumption per day is about 1.8 Ah from 20s lipo, so about 145Wh for 23 km-..... that is efficiency at its best :D .

haha dit is dus die nederlander die in zwitserland woont.
zeer netjes gemaakt.
hoe oud ben je eigenlijk?
thanks

translation
haha this is the Dutchman who lives in Switzerland.
made very nicely.
how old are you?
thanks

louis raaijmakers said:
haha dit is dus die nederlander die in zwitserland woont.
zeer netjes gemaakt.
hoe oud ben je eigenlijk?
thanks

translation
haha this is the Dutchman who lives in Switzerland.
made very nicely.
how old are you?
thanks

Translation :mrgreen:

Ragonamuffin said:
I have been deeply inspired by your motor. Do you have any curves? Attempting a build, will post results!

Curves ? Not really... just that the thing runs on 80V upto about 1000 rpm, takes 16A peak and has about 0.33Ohm resistance in each of the three phases.

Have you seen it's 3kW successor ?

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=46476&p=679460#p679460

Oh! I thought this was the successor! Yes indeed I have seen it. I will post my design when it is finished, I will need some help on kv ratings as it is not something I know how to change. I think you will love my design! A little teaser: it has modular stator and rotor stacks, and carbon fiber construction. You should definitely test the motor on a dynamo!

Back