Mid drive front freewheel mod.

Today I did the zip tie mod and it seems like it's working; it worked right away without any fiddling at all. FYI, the chain line is probably decent and I'm using a chain guide as stock Bafang chainring sometimes drops chain (in normal use, without this mod).

The one thing wasn't mentioned (or I didn't notice) is that bike becomes silent when coasting. It's good or not, I've no idea yet. When people hears the ratcheting sound they know something is coming, but my fat tires makes sound anyway.

My "Quanta" rear hub sometimes skips teeth and this can help it. If it'll continue to work like this.

I've been running this now for a few months and over 1k miles, been great! I would highly recommend this to anyone. Makes the shifts really quick and also the hub is constantly engaged so no more smashing the pawls or chain slap to worry about, just hit the throttle as hard as you want and go no need to baby the throttle from a start. Especially when you are running a 3.5kw bbshd like I am. I believe this also has helped not destroy my high engagement hub, before after 800 miles it was toast, had to go back to my old wheelset. When I did this I replaced the internals to see if it would keep it for being destroyed and so far so good!

Attachments

• zip tie.jpg
    zip tie.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 7
I just ran across this video, looks very doable for a skilled diy'er with the proper tools.
Just give ya some idea's

Back