Need 24" Whitewall bicycle tires

Diddler

1 W
Doing a creative project. Desire 24" fat, full whitewall bicycle tires. Finding it extremely difficult to find. Any suggestions appreciated.

WD P1272 ,24” x 4” bicycle fat tire White Wall 40 TPI 20 PSI Ebike Recommend | eBay

Very rare. I researched 24" tires greater than 2.5" when I switched over from 26" to 24" rims, and the pickins were slim. I found three 2.8" tires and tried all of them (wasn't looking for fat). The 24" fat is rare compared to 26" or 20" fat. None of the regular brands carry them, except the Chinese brand tires and the no names like in the link above. Whitewall is even more rare.

Why not pinkwalls? Aquamarine walls?

Tires aren't black by accident. The best material to make them from contains carbon black (soot) as a necessary component. You're doing the same thing as the silly 2000s hipsters with white chains on their fixed gear bikes. Not only are chains not that color, but they won't stay anything but grime colored if you actually ride them.

All the things that folks use white versions of on bicycles (grips, seats, pedals, cable housings, tires etc.) end up the same color: some version of buttwipe.
The market won't provide anything that dumb unless lots of people demand it. And you've stacked up enough different requirements that the number of people who want exactly that, don't constitute a viable market.

Why not pinkwalls? Aquamarine walls?

Tires aren't black by accident. The best material to make them from contains carbon black (soot) as a necessary component. You're doing the same thing as the silly 2000s hipsters with white chains on their fixed gear bikes. Not only are chains not that color, but they won't stay anything but grime colored if you actually ride them.

All the things that folks use white versions of on bicycles (grips, seats, pedals, cable housings, tires etc.) end up the same color: some version of buttwipe.
The market won't provide anything that dumb unless lots of people demand it. And you've stacked up enough different requirements that the number of people who want exactly that, don't constitute a viable market.
Yes, finding your conclusion accurate. Regardless, gotta believe some fool company makes at least one. Thanks for the advice.

I've seen them in my browsings, especially sites dedicated to selling gas bike parts or cruiser parts.
I've seen them up to 24 x 3", which i would call fat.

They make all sorts of silly stuff for bicycles and there's nothing wrong with that because these are fun machines to most people. :)

I believe 2.8" to 3.5" are considered plus size. Fat is 3.8" to 5".
3" might be a little narrow for a 65mm fat rim. Chalo question.

Depending on the circumstances, 65mm rims can work great with tires as narrow as 2.1" nominal. (They measure about 2.7" installed and inflated on a wide rim like that.) But you have to use a tire with a wide enough tread and substantial enough sidewall that it isn't rolling on unprotected casing when you're leaned over in a turn. WTB Thick Slick Flat Guard is an example of one that gets along fine with notionally too-wide rims.

On a 65mm rim, 2.5" Maxxis Hookworms measure about 2.95" inflated. 3" tires like EBC Rhino look right and function perfectly.

All the tires that I would call fatbike tires, that accept super low pressure, that act and feel like fatbike tires, are 3.5" and wider. That's the point where they stop feeling like regular tires and start to feel more like rideable volleyballs.

Depending on the circumstances, 65mm rims can work great with tires as narrow as 2.1" nominal. (They measure about 2.7" installed and inflated on a wide rim like that.) But you have to use a tire with a wide enough tread and substantial enough sidewall that it isn't rolling on unprotected casing when you're leaned over in a turn. WTB Thick Slick Flat Guard is an example of one that gets along fine with notionally too-wide rims.

On a 65mm rim, 2.5" Maxxis Hookworms measure about 2.95" inflated. 3" tires like EBC Rhino look right and function perfectly.

All the tires that I would call fatbike tires, that accept super low pressure, that act and feel like fatbike tires, are 3.5" and wider. That's the point where they stop feeling like regular tires and start to feel more like rideable volleyballs.
Chalo.....always love your thorough perspectives. I'm building an electric tricycle, thus have two fat rear wheels which best take a 4" wide fat tire. Your previous remarks are right on.....this item is so rarely used, thus no producer of said product. I've found only one; only issue is it has rather heavy treads, thus doesn't meet the charm factor that my creative design will entail. Thanks again for all input.

Appears to ship to the US

This says free shipping

Website is a little flaky

You're missing the point. Yes, there are tons of 24" tires, but virtually none are fat tires and even less whitewalls. If you see what I need, would appreciate a heads up......need 24" diameter, fat whitewalls.
Diddler - did you wind up choosing a tire? If they’ve arrived, how do you like them?

Diddler - did you wind up choosing a tire? If they’ve arrived, how do you like them?
thanks for checking in........haven't located what I wish yet. As noted by several, this is a hard item to locate. Any further suggestions highly appreciated sir. Again, thanks for checking back. All the best to you.

Back