New Build-Work in Progress

torqueboards said:
Nice work. Glad to see more vacuum forming done :).

Thanks!

torqueboards said:
What kind of vacuum form setup are you running? What did you use for your mold?

I made it mostly using things I had at the house, work bench, 2x4's, old lego table donated by my son, rubber automotive trim and a shop vac.

for my mold I threw a few things together. (stuffed battery soft case, lagrange electronics bracket and some wood) I will get to making a solid mold I just want to try it out.

Started putting together a new board tonight. What do you think?

View attachment 1

2014-03-19 19.20.10.jpg

torqueboards said:
Looks great. Did you anodize it or powder coat it? Looks like you got a few mounts in the back. You should definitely try a dual diagonal setup.

I just painted them. Next round will get powder coated. I'm thinking about a dual set-up...How much does your range suffer?

I need to sell one of my boards...Anyone interested? I posted info on the forum:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58825

Excellent looking housing! I'm thinking about making my own vacuuform at home for the same purpose. What thickness plastic did you use and what size/power shop vac do you recommend?

drmacgyver said:
Excellent looking housing! I'm thinking about making my own vacuuform at home for the same purpose. What thickness plastic did you use and what size/power shop vac do you recommend?

Thanks!
I had a 9 gallon shop vac I used. Defintely strong enough. I ordered abs sheet that was 4mm at first but decided it was too heavy and re-ordered some thinner stuff.. I think about an 1/8" thick and that worked perfectly. Still need to make/find a better oven...I ended up heating my gas grill to 450 then turning down the burners to low for an ambient temp and then put the plastic on a stand I made inside the grill for a couple of minutes. Was able to roll my grill back into my work area right when the plastic was ready. That way I didnt have to travel far to the vacuum former.

Hopefully I'll find a decent electric oven to install right next to the former.

Latest version of my mount for caliber 44's:

finished motor mount with guard.jpg

8mm thick, 2.5mm of adjustment, 60mm center to center calc., weldable.

Did you ever run into any problems with the set screw-style mount? ie from the truck not being completely flat/accurate

brent said:
Did you ever run into any problems with the set screw-style mount? ie from the truck not being completely flat/accurate

No, I was a little paranoid after some input so I added a bead of JB Weld on either side of the mount. After many miles I have yet to see any cracks, bending or movement on any of my boards.

Can u explain in more detail how you made the drive hub? I've got one for the abec11s but would like to go with the speed vent if it's easy and cheap enough
Or maybe it's was just a temporary fix.

gcebiker said:
Gotta call it the Barney Stinson Board......Legend...ary !!!

Mad skills 8)

Thanks! Wait for it...

Torquboards, where can we find the 6S Lipo you described? (12" and 26mm ?) That sounds excellent. I hunted around this post and the broader web and I still can't find it. Thx!

torqueboards said:
You should try 3s 5000mah at 27mm. They also have a 6s long lipo thats 12" and 26mm in height.

treenutter said:
Torquboards, where can we find the 6S Lipo you described? (12" and 26mm ?) That sounds excellent. I hunted around this post and the broader web and I still can't find it. Thx!

torqueboards said:
You should try 3s 5000mah at 27mm. They also have a 6s long lipo thats 12" and 26mm in height.

They no longer have it available I think. You can get 10S long nano cells but no longer have the 6S long lipo.

Thanks Tourqueboards! Here is a link to the 10s nano:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20679

My first thought was "how would I charge this?" This is an interesting setup where it is actually 2 5s batteries stuck together. To charge them, you treat each one like a single 5s battery and then reconnect them in series to get 10s. It's an interesting option for 10s.

torqueboards said:
treenutter said:

torqueboards said:

They no longer have it available I think. You can get 10S long nano cells but no longer have the 6S long lipo.

a bit on the spendy side, but there's also the A-Spec Nano-tech 4500mAh which is super shallow around 20mm. Nearly 6" long - 3s, so two in series should be very similar if not thinner and lighter than the older 6s thin pack mentioned.

Spec.
Capacity: 4500mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V
Discharge: 65C Constant / 130C+ Burst
Weight: 278g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 150x44x19.5mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: 5.5mm Bullet connector

20150815_144225.jpg

Back