new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems even the most peaceful parts of the world has turned to violence and chaos. Why, in Australia, we've had a veritable army of women named Karen, not only refusing to wear masks, they keep yelling "I don't consent! I don't consent!" when they are arrested!

Is nowhere safe any more?

As the Hub Motor turns and the Lipo Fire Burns. 40 mph on an e bike. Did I hear 40 ? 50 mph. going once , twice ? Do I hear 60 mph ?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What is going on in the devious self destructive suicidal mind of LC now ???? It's anyone's guess.

Fact #1 A 2007 Cadillac sedan Deville will be delivered tomorrow with a huge trunk for 1,000 bucks.

Fact #2 All LCs tools , motors and e bikes as well as bikes , frames and unfinished projects including e bike parts will be here by the end of the week.

Fact #3 e bikes as well as bikes in general are in very high demand. Wall Mart had bare shelves last time I was there. I also called several bike shops as well as electric bike Pete's are almost sold out so it is a name your price game at this time.

Fact #4 Even if I only sell a couple of bikes I will have way over 1,000 bucks AFTER my storage arrives and I get auto insurance.

The Big Question. Will LC get a 60V - 2 killowatt battery pack and install the new 1,800W - 48V motor on the Currie ? 40 mph ?

or

Will LC sell a couple bikes and order a MAC motor and hook up two 36V packs in series for 50 mph ?

or

Will LC just order HUBzilla The Cro motor for 60 mph on the flat. :lol: :evil:

Not sure if I will order that or attempt to build a 60V pack.

It would be cheaper to order more 36V packs and run them is series for 72V. Not sure ? :pancake:

Stay tuned for the next episode of as the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ebike-Battery-60V-35AH-Lithium-Li-ion-Battery-Pack-for-2000W-Electric-Scooter/202452101905?hash=item2f2315eb11:g:bRAAAOSwIf9etRIn

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-72V-1000W-2000W-Sine-Wave-Intelligent-45A-Controller-For-eBike-Electric-Bike/174034500257?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item288543baa1:g:u6YAAOSw-zVdgdL7&enc=AQAFAAACgBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickkSG%2BOFgrj2Yvbvmrj2TAdM77UCmEW%2FB%2BYyqVORa%2Bwa9D%2BdU4d5A4YU7W1%2BGe5eyTuq4CwBwD0pKDzvJKjU96wAG84lvVK9bIKa0R0m%2Bvr0F%2FGsUcp2QJOjsyGSOXb%2BhmThDn%2Fi03Z7wmLomzsYpXc3VHlcj8lwZr05m88lcWqh4Ev3aoUdN3r09AwKckvUkdgyO%2Bgp%2FaUj%2Fz6ZegESedEsrkLb7UjAfQw%2Fuy%2BCPcdRt8%2BFH0pdSzGLpqRW1a64%2FdKrZOIOs1Aa9uy1ZTWpRG0%2FEeL2dx9Kgb5%2BrmRfP41jniWcNh%2BRXAlCgDE1k%2FrzQ7XKj7ZRVIScMZH8wREfWJwh9ytzVS9f1VawUCqJOlDRz0Fg%2FbEih4KDe3WLDlvJ33ZbY%2F%2BoQ%2FqwTfW0WikFm47feQY4Bv1TYyFmJpYZLdiVNTnnhFuiVmsZWpsXPC1NmZ8a7hpUto308zeDOEowKgngmWC4FtNE7Xfp4EhYS4YegIsRNG12y064dt%2Bp1VFXOj0MrLvG%2F8Sxq7QLKPa%2FVfjk9tZtMN3SB7bZEHjAsAX6PSbu2Xi8HO1uGyCiz%2FhhOVzw9X2dVYKFEDuPfIQfdZo6tvjvpn1xdRpXmLp6aShCMr7qlMBzzFyXcc%2FP2Jfmkn2wng1c%2FjkJgVK95PhPNLt6S5RxuRjhPI1lAx0ners6u%2BkcfeWhkjTtoZxQ2hJ1rt%2FWM3VDibC%2BqIqnEzcQJcJi%2FDn2csMxOw3cNa2OFXbthIsyB%2FHgex9tnwK0ZKJ4hTwfDCunmhBPuZISyCGlNDMU7P76CEMXo9sgLTIsKyCBbQ%3D&checksum=174034500257af1ebf2c854746d59e092be7749a22cb

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,217
  • download (2).png
    download (2).png
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,212
  • download (1).png
    download (1).png
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,212
  • download (3).png
    download (3).png
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,209
  • download (4).png
    download (4).png
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,207
No MAC at 72 volts. They don't like it. My 12 turn runs on 66 nominal and tops out at just over 30mph, a 10 turn would do maybe 40 on 72v but I doubt it would last very long. This is all on 26" with big tires. So a 8 turn in a 20" wheel might make it but there is no way in hell, or any place else would I do 30+ on a 20" bike.

Dan

Starting to think this is turning into the documentary "Reversal of Fortune"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversal_of_Fortune_(2005_film)

The stimulus money won't keep flowing LC. What have you done with the FX motor? What makes you think you will do any more with a Cromotor? And if the answer is "nothing", why isn't the new pack good enough for your current projects, and what makes you think you will buy better this time?

Get your gear from upstate NY. Sell off as much of your electric bikes as you can bear to part with.

Then, you can find out how much money you really have, lay out your design, figure out what it would cost to do the project properly, and see if it's realistic. What's the point of buying a Cromotor, if the cheap battery you buy claims it can put out 6kw, and ends up sagging to death at 2?

The cromotor depends on whether a second round of stimulus money happens and how much I end up spending on an amp and subwoofer for the caddy. :lol:

The 1,800W brushless motor will work fine at 36V and 1,350 watts.

However the 3 killowatt brushless motor will do 45 mph easily at 60V.

So 40V under sag = 3,000W / 60V = 50W per volt. 40V * 50W = 2,000W = 40 mph.

Once it is run a few miles especially at full throttle power will drop down to 1,900 and 1,800 after that and speed should be around 36 to 37 mph.

The good thing is though I can use the old 36V 10P packs to get me to where I can safely do 40 mph and switch over to 16p and 42V fresh.

I will be ordering the 60V 3 killowatt brushless motor this week for sure.

As what will I build first. Not even sure. The 1,800W brushless motor I got now is good for at least 33 mph @ 36V. And as far as a 20" bike I wont be hooking either motor to a 20" bike. I might hook up the 750W gear reduction motor that is on the Currie to a 20" bike and fix the 800W 20" hub motor for the front for a dual motor 20" bike that does about 24 mph at 36V and put the 1,800W motor on the Currie for 33 mph @ 1,350W

Then order the new 3 Kilowatt motor and put that on the back of the Haro V3 which has the original Currie rear rack that was on the Currie at the beginning of this post as the 1,000W 48V brushed motor mounted to that Currie rack and was run for about two years. It was the original upgrade and test proven. The 3 Kilowatt brushless motor should mount the same way.

Dont forget the 1,000W 48V hub motor that needs to get fixed. I have a 3 to 400 hundred dollar bike in storage for that. A Giant Roam I think 2013 or 2016 - 26" bike in brand new condition. I was thinking about fixing the front rim at a bike shop and ordering a cheap 1,000W rear direct drive hub motor for the back. That would be an awesome hill climber and daily commuter.

I will be parking my 2007 Cadillac downtown in a parking garage for 40 bucks a month and my current 26" e bike can go in my new storage with all the other bikes about 6 miles away. I will be using a 20" kids bike which will be limited to about 25 mph to get to the parking garage less than a mile away or to storage 6 miles away or anywhere I want to go as is 36V. I wont need a big heavy bike to haul up and down stairs unless I am working on it or installing a motor / building it. For every day riding I can use a 20" bike that will be easier to carry up and down stairs.

Thanks. LC out.

download (4).png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/60V-DC-Motor-Brushless-Electric-Motor-3000W-BLDC-E-Bike-scooter-TDM-NEWEST/164311668901?hash=item2641bd18a5:g:mSYAAOSw9bZfIMvQ

download.png

download (1).png

download (2).png

The large pack was rated at 36V - 14 AH. The actual rating was maybe 7 or 8 AH. They are in parallel with the other two rated at 4.4 AH each. It is safe to say the three packs are probably 16 AH to 18 AH.

If I get a 24V - 15 AH lithium ion pack could I hook them up in series ? I am looking at a variable 36 to 72V controller but would rather run at 60V.

The 1,800W - 48V brushless motor will do about 44 mph @ 60V and 2,250W.

The 60V - 3,000W motor could do about 48 mph @ 60V on the flat and 50 mph easily down hills.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/24V20AH-Li-ion-Battery-Volt-Rechargeable-Bicycle-500W-E-Bike-Electric-Charger/274430259925?hash=item3fe55172d5%3Ag%3ApvoAAOSwPYJdO-jb&LH_ItemCondition=3

two of those in parallel are 1.000 watts. In series with the 36V packs probably close to 1500W should = 2,500W total - 45 mph. should do the trick .

It seems like an 80T wheel sprocket is the magic number. That is ironic as the original Currie upgrade at the start of this post was an 80T #25 chain freewheel sprocket. I was running it at 36V and 750W. I wont be using the old #25 sprocket anyway even if I still have it as I would rather go with standard bike chain or nothing less than 8 mm.

At 60V both motors are slightly over geared. HOWEVER at 36V both motors are geared great for up hills. I can have the best of both worlds with a variable 36 to 72V controller and can easily switch from 60V to 36V for going up hills. Should take about a minute to accomplish.

Please let me know. Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• download (3).png
    download (3).png
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • download (4).png
    download (4).png
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,145
  • download (5).png
    download (5).png
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • download (6).png
    download (6).png
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,145
As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns

My bike wont fit in the trunk of the Caddy. Getting insurance papers tomorrow. Storage Friday.

My question is I need a bike rack for my caddy to transport bikes back and forth to Petes electric bikes. I was wondering about bike racks. Are those ones with suction cups trustworthy. They look risky. Not sure what my options are but need a bike rack for the Caddy.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Do you really need a bike rack for the occasional repairs? It's rare that you would ever need to bring in a whole bike. Wheel need truing? Bring in the wheel. Need new brake pads? Just bring in the frame.

Is it just because of the way you've built your bike that it's hard to break down for transportation?

Should have learned basic bicycle repair before getting involved in electric bikes.
I was doing all my own bike work when I was 10.

Do you really need a bike rack for the occasional repairs? It's rare that you would ever need to bring in a whole bike. Wheel need truing? Bring in the wheel. Need new brake pads? Just bring in the frame.

Should have learned basic bicycle repair before getting involved in electric bikes.
I was doing all my own bike work when I was 10.

Yes both of you have good points. I can take the front 26" hub motor as well as the 20" 800W motor in the trunk of the caddy.

This week end is going to be a big one. It is not all e bikes either. I have 55 gallon aquariums and a Ryzen 7 - 1800x liquid cooled gaming machine and about 3 other desktops , a tablet ,x box 360 , PS3 , Ps2 and all my software and 3 - 32" flat screens and all my hydroponic equipment also. I cant grow legally here in Ohio but Michigan is legal and about two hours away. I want to go 100% legit or not at all as I have a Ohio cannabis card but still could save about 200 bucks a month growing my own.

I had insurence yesterday on the Caddy but they are mailing the paperwork to my PO box. I went thru progressive and will only be 65 bucks a month and paid 75 bucks down with my debit card and also my new storage which was 36 bucks down but will be 67 monthly thru auto pay. My storage in NY was 95 a month so for 37 bucks more I got car insurance. I will need four new tires though and power steering fluid.

I told them to bring my stuff here first so I can bring up the bikes I will be working on first and my computers and tools and maybe one aquarium. What I don't need now like winter projects I can put in storage.

I can also watch you tube videos on bike repair. I have work to do on five e bikes possibly 6 from storage before starting a new project.

1.) The Currie with the 750W gear reduction motor.

2.) The Schwinn with the 1,000W hub motor.

3.) Easy street . the 700cc hybrid with the front 500W ebikling geared hub motor.

4). The dual chain drive 20" bike.

That is four but there is a 1,000W unite chain drive I repaired not hooked up to anything.

Then there is the new 1,800W brushless motor I have here now I recently ordered.

I have several controllers as well as loose 18650 cells and two Lipo chargers and the old LiPos Dan sent.

I have a very large rear steal cargo basket, at least a dozen bikes and a half a dozen frames and forks and a pile of wheels and some forks. #40 chain and a 60T spoke sprocket. I basically have an e bike workshop.

It makes me happy to get my life back. I am not sure what I am selling and what I am keeping and last but not least is the FX-75-5 motor with the 45 kilowatt controller.

thanks.

LC. out.

download.png
download (1).png
download (2).png

Ok. I don't think anyone answered my question a few posts back.

Once I get my storage straightened out I will be ordering more batteries.

As I stated earlier I want to have the option to run at 36 or 60V. With my brushed motors 36V is ok but I was told that brushless motors can be run at a higher voltage than rated without damage.

It will save me about 300 bucks if I can order two of those 24V packs and put them in series with the new 36V packs in the top pic.

Please let me know. Thanks.

LC. out.

I don't think anyone can confidently answer that question. If you bought named brands and reliable performance batteries, the answer would be yes, you could. But with that junk? If one is even 10% bigger or lower internal resistance than the other, you're going to have huge balancing and performance issues if you series them.

download (1).png

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. A new android phone and a better GPS.

The Caddy was legal three days ago but it needs tires. The rear passenger is almost flat. Also my insurence papers were not at the post office Friday so might have to wait until Monday.

My first trip with the Caddy will be to Wall Mart or a tire store. I will need a jack as it did not come with one. It also needs power steering fluid.

My plan this morning was to pick up insurance papers at Triple A. I don't have the annual towing and roadside assistance yet. Here in Ohio I found out about 8 months ago that they have a regular auto insurance agent in the back. I got a deal with progressive for 65 bucks a month. 75 bucks down.

Anyway the plan was to make it by noon on my e bike to get my paperwork so if I get stopped with the Caddy I have it to show to the cop. It did not happen. The assurance wireless Obama phone has the google app but even with a back up battery it died and the actual navigation app did not work. I called assurance wireless yesterday as the phone would not update and could not even make a call. That was after two other calls to customer service and was told they are sending me another phone and will have to wait another two weeks and I got to sent the one that don"t update back.

I missed a couple turns and got lost. Google maps did show my position so I did make it to Best Buy to return a Amazon Firestick remote and get a 4K HDR firestick. I also bought an AT&T phone.

It was a nightmare to get that working. First I was going to auto pay but that failed miserably so went with a pre pay card. Then about 3 hours later I started out and got the screen bright enough to see clearly in the bright sun but the navagation app wanted a google account. I tried and was not the one it was looking for. I had less than a half hour to go 2.5 miles to Gemini bike shop as I have been riding with almost no brakes.

I knew without the navigator it was impossible. I went back to Best Buy and was cursing up a storm at that point. Not directly at any person but at new technology. :roll: The manager in the phone department decided since I spent over 100 bucks to not throw me out and got it working. It worked just like a real navigator and not only got me home but found a cool bike trail so did not have to deal with all the heavy traffic and the steep down hill past the football hall of fame where I had to walk about a quarter mile a few days before so I did not become road pizza with no front brake and maybe 5% stopping power from the back that barley works.

When I rode the old batteries to Best Buy and got lost they were down to 35V according to the meter. The new packs were 39V when I got back about 7.5 miles. The old packs were probably run a couple miles farther though since I was lost and had to backtrack as was way off the path I studied in google maps. However the new packs have at least 40% more power up the hills. They are strong and do not see how they could be junk.

I think I could get about 20 miles out of them but only 10 out of the old packs. If packs are new or only run a few cycles how could there be a 10% internal resistance ? I have no doubt the old packs have internal resistance but do not understand how almost brand new packs could. I was hoping to order two 24V packs and hook them in series to my new 36V packs. I do not want to screw up the 36V packs though so guess I wont be getting 60V and 40 mph is out of the question.

download (2).png

Please let me know.

The fact is since this post started I have not had a car on the road. To be honest I probably should not drive a large motor vehicle. I really suck at driving but sometimes I really need to as my poor wife never gets out of the house or to the doctors. So I figured if I have a good GPS navigator on my phone I wont have to get all stressed out getting lost and can just focus on the road and driving. I absolutely refuse to drive without GPS. If I were in NY where I grew up or Schenectady and Albany where I lived for 20 years that would be a different story. Here in Ohio as soon as I get a few miles from my apartment I am automatically lost as hell. :lol:

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
If packs are new or only run a few cycles how could there be a 10% internal resistance ? I have no doubt the old packs have internal resistance but do not understand how almost brand new packs could.

Brand new, top quality cells have internal resistance.

Quality manufacturers grade them, and assemble packs from cells with very similar internal resistance. Cheaper manufacturers don't, as it costs them time and labour to test. And that's within the same pack. Buy two packs from two different sellers, and your odds of getting anything mismatched just skyrocketed.

Quality manufacturers grade them, and assemble packs from cells with very similar internal resistance. Cheaper manufacturers don't, as it costs them time and labour to test. And that's within the same pack. Buy two packs from two different sellers, and your odds of getting anything mismatched just skyrocketed.

OK.

As far as buying more cheap 36V Lion packs for even greater range that is definitely going to happen. But for 40 mph bursts of speed or greater I really am not going to need long range if I have at least a 2,000W continuous controller that can do short bursts of 2,500W. The important thing is being able to switch back to 36V after I get my kicks.

There are two ways to go 40 mph for 2 or 3 miles maximum without over draining the 60V pack.

1. - three 5S - 5,000 mah - 30 to 40C discharge LiPos in series.

2. - A lot of 200 cheap Chinese 18650 cells for a 12p - 16S - 60V pack that will probably be somewhere in between 5,000 to 10,000 Mah.

I see lots of 100 cheap 18650 cells all the time on e bay under 100 bucks sometimes around 50 bucks.

HOWEVER. That is a lot of soldering and work hooking up at least 4 BMSs just for a few minutes of thrills. - HELL NO !!!!!

SOLUTION - 1.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZIPPY-5800mAh-5S-18-5V-30-40C-LIPO-BATTERY-5-5MM-BUGGY-1-5-TRAXXAS-1-8/292948639456?hash=item4435197ee0:g:LYEAAOSwY8JfKChQ

download (3).png

That is a good example. I only plan on ordering three and am only looking at about 3 miles or so depending on what the watt meter reads as far as total voltage.

5* 4.2 = 21 * 3 = 63V.

5 * 3.8 = 19 * 3 = 57V

5 * 3.6 = 18 * 3 = 54V

Looking at the power meter anything below 56V under load would be a great time to disengage the thumb throttle and hit the breaker shutting the LiPos off right ??????

Three 5S - 18V packs will cost less that 200 bucks but still do not want to damage them.

I will looking for deals on 10 Ah packs as well If I can get three under 300 bucks.

If anyone has anything better to post please let me know. Definitely under 300 bucks for three 5S - 10 Ah LiPo
or 5S - 5 Ah under 200 bucks or 8 Ah under 250 bucks.

Quality of the battery and discharge rate is more important than capacity as will switch back to 36V after a short run.

Seems like a lot more choices in 6S LiPo for higher capacity. Mabye I should start looking at 72V and 50 mph with that 3 Killowatt brushless motor. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

download (6).png

Thanks.

LC. out.

233 pages of building a electric bicycle? Might be easier, cheaper, and faster to buy a electric bike. The whole thing comes in one box. Also would probably be safer and more reliable.

I've been dreaming about buying a new electric bicycle. I look here https://electricbikereview.com/ I am overwhelmed with choices.

All my electric bikes have dead batteries.

marty said:
233 pages of building a electric bicycle? Might be easier, cheaper, and faster to buy a electric bike.

No, it's 233 pages of LC ignoring advice, and being proud of below par performance, because he did it "his way". If you're gonna be a part of this thread, you're gonna have to learn to live with that quick.

Speaking of which, LC, have you lost your fear of fireballs?

Those packs can do nearly 10kw... Maybe 4 or 5 times. Don't forget those ratings are for race use - where people will get a few races out of them, downgrade them to practice packs for another 30-40 cycles, then bin them. Your set up will probably get a decent life for up to 1000w cruise, and 2000w for bursts less than 10-20 seconds.

233 pages of building a electric bicycle? Might be easier, cheaper, and faster to buy a electric bike. The whole thing comes in one box. Also would probably be safer and more reliable.

More than one e bike. I have built and upgraded many. Hopefully my storage will be here by tomorrow afternoon and can line them up and take pictures if I can find my camera.

Those packs can do nearly 10kw... Maybe 4 or 5 times. Don't forget those ratings are for race use - where people will get a few races out of them, downgrade them to practice packs for another 30-40 cycles, then bin them. Your set up will probably get a decent life for up to 1000w cruise, and 2000w for bursts less than 10-20 seconds.

I have a window with a platform just outside it which has a ladder that goes down to the second floor roof. I also have a fire extinguisher. :lol: Also metal cash boxes if my storage comes and the two LiPo chargers.

Sounds like a plan. I want reliable test proven packs though. Not cheap Chinese garbage so please let me know. I want to order three 5S - 18V packs to run in series to a 60V controller.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Seen these?
189966.jpg

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-4s1p-14-8v-20c-hardcase-pack-1.html?queryID=&objectID=74826&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products_hbk_price_stock_6_group_0_asc

It's 800mah smaller per cell, and only 4S. It's also 40C (peak), though 20C recommended constant. At $37.40 it's slightly cheaper per watt hour, but there's not a lot to it (10% cheaper). But it's a proven solution and comes in a hard case, which makes it easier to assemble a pack without building a box - Just double sided tape between blocks, or a thin sheet of board and some duct tape, and you have adequate protection for it.

Also, compressing cells improves their longevity at high rates and lowers the risk of fire.

Edit:Also have a look at the top left of the cell, it says "matched". That's what I was talking about before, for quality cells. They test and match cells of similar performance. Turnigy is not a top of the line brand, but it's considered one of the best for cheap hobbyists.

I never had hard shell LiPo.

I know that when the soft LiPo packs have an unstable cell it puffs up. I wonder what happens if a hard shell LiPo gets an unstable cell. How can it puff up ? I am just curious.

Hopefully it wont happen as the cells I bought off of e bay were cheap junk.

Four of those in series are 67.2V fully charged and 57.6V empty. 4.2V - 3.6V per cell.

Three 5S = 15S = 63V full - 54V empty.

I will definitely order four of those. For parallel charging I will need a parallel board. I had one somewhere in storage but butchered it as did not know what it was. It could be soldered and fixed but was wondering about anti spark parallel boards or connectors ?

I do have a pre hook up cable somewhere also but prefer to do things more professional so if it means installing anti spark connectors where they are needed sounds like a logical upgrade as well. I know members here have mentioned that from time to time.

No, it's 233 pages of LC ignoring advice, and being proud of below par performance, because he did it "his way". If you're gonna be a part of this thread, you're gonna have to learn to live with that quick.

Well I thank you all for your patience and is why I shall attempt to do things a little more professional. Things like quality batteries instead of junk and better connectors is a great start. In fact I ordered another DC breaker and went with DAs recommended specifications. 100 amp 80V for power output > 1,000W.

You (still) neglect to recognize that motor watt ratings are output watts.
If you want reasonable performance, you will need to double the input watts!
For a "500 watt 36V motor so 13.8 amps" you would want a 30A controller, a 40A breaker and >14ga wiring.
For "1,350 watts @ 36V so will be 37.5 amps" you would want a 80A controller, a 100A breaker and >8ga wiring.

He recommends a 80 amp controller. Not sure but could be way beyond my price range. I was thinking about ordering this controller but if it does not meet DAs requirements will I still get reasonable performance or will it be a calamity ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-72V-1000W-2000W-Sine-Wave-Intelligent-45A-Controller-For-eBike-Electric-Bike/174034500257?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item288543baa1:g:u6YAAOSw-zVdgdL7&enc=AQAFAAACgBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickkSG%2BOFgrj2Yvbvmrj2TAdM77UCmEW%2FB%2BYyqVORa%2Bwa9D%2BdU4d5A4YU7W1%2BGe5eyTuq4CwBwD0pKDzvJKjU96wAG84lvVK9bIKa0R0m%2Bvr0F%2FGsUcp2QJOjsyGSOXb%2BhmThDn%2Fi03Z7wmLomzsYpXc3VHlcj8lwZr05m88lcWqh4Ev3aoUdN3r09AwKckvUkdgyO%2Bgp%2FaUj%2Fz6ZegESedEsrkLb7UjAfQw%2Fuy%2BCPcdRt8%2BFH0pdSzGLpqRW1a64%2FdKrZOIOs1Aa9uy1ZTWpRG0%2FEeL2dx9Kgb5%2BrmRfP41jniWcNh%2BRXAlCgDE1k%2FrzQ7XKj7ZRVIScMZH8wREfWJwh9ytzVS9f1VawUCqJOlDRz0Fg%2FbEih4KDe3WLDlvJ33ZbY%2F%2BoQ%2FqwTfW0WikFm47feQY4Bv1TYyFmJpYZLdiVNTnnhFuiVmsZWpsXPC1NmZ8a7hpUto308zeDOEowKgngmWC4FtNE7Xfp4EhYS4YegIsRNG12y064dt%2Bp1VFXOj0MrLvG%2F8Sxq7QLKPa%2FVfjk9tZtMN3SB7bZEHjAsAX6PSbu2Xi8HO1uGyCiz%2FhhOVzw9X2dVYKFEDuPfIQfdZo6tvjvpn1xdRpXmLp6aShCMr7qlMBzzFyXcc%2FP2Jfmkn2wng1c%2FjkJgVK95PhPNLt6S5RxuRjhPI1lAx0ners6u%2BkcfeWhkjTtoZxQ2hJ1rt%2FWM3VDibC%2BqIqnEzcQJcJi%2FDn2csMxOw3cNa2OFXbthIsyB%2FHgex9tnwK0ZKJ4hTwfDCunmhBPuZISyCGlNDMU7P76CEMXo9sgLTIsKyCBbQ%3D&checksum=174034500257af1ebf2c854746d59e092be7749a22cb

download (7).png

If it wont work well I will need to look for something better. I really want the variable function however 36 - 72V. If I can find an 80 amp controller that is variable I will order it but did not want to spend over 200 bucks on a controller unless it is absolutely necessary. Please let me know as I would like to start doing respectable builds and upgrades if possible. What I mean by respectable is that most anyone who posts here would gladly take it for a spin without thinking twice about reliability and saftey.

https://lunacycle.com/60-amp-36-72v-ebike-bluetooth-programmable-controller/

download.png

That is cheaper and closer to 80 amps than the other but will it work with the motors I plan to hook up to it.

The 1,800W brushless motor I got and the 3,000W brushless motor I plan on ordering are both on page 231. The specifications also so do not know if compatible with the Luna cycle controller. I think Luna cycle only sells hub motors and don't think it is compatible with non hub brushless motors. Not sure.

Thanks and please let me know.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
I never had hard shell LiPo.

I know that when the soft LiPo packs have an unstable cell it puffs up. I wonder what happens if a hard shell LiPo gets an unstable cell. How can it puff up ? I am just curious.

Hopefully it wont happen as the cells I bought off of e bay were cheap junk.

Hardshell LiPos are significantly more resistant to puffing, but will not prevent abuse from cracking the hard shell.

As the Hub Motors will turn and hopefully the LiPo Fire wont Burn. Today was the big day.

First time I drove in years. Was driving around all day. Probably about 50 miles. I got my insurance papers. Got Triple A Plus. Roadside assistance and a free 100 mile tow if I need it. I got a car charger for my cell phone and the GPS navigator app. works flawlessly.

Most important I got my storage. I did not have much time to go thru it as it was getting dark but all the bikes are there.
I did not have time to look for the FX motor but did see the 60T spoke sprocket and #40 chain. The old 6S LiPos are still in the cash box. :lol:

I brought 4 desktops home including the Ryzen 7 1800X. A 32" flat screen and the DimondBack Outlook is in the trunk with a 24" and a 20" rim. Not sure if I am using it for the new build. It is a 26" bike frame I think so not sure if I can put a 24" wheel on the front and 20" wheel on the back and have enough room so the pedals dont hit the ground. Not sure. All I know is it is a small for a 26" frame and it is also light.

I have to go back out there tomorrow to sign the lease. I almost did not get access as the office closed at 5 PM and I got there around 6:30 PM. Fortunately I got to talk to the manager and had to promise to be there tomorrow. I have a lot of arranging to do.

I will get my tools and set up some kind of an e bike work shop tomorrow hopefully. I am taking the front 26" hub motor off the Clear creek Schwinn. Not sure where it is going but the 26" Giant Roam is in excellent running condition. Almost brand new.

The Currie is a great candidate for the 1,800W brushless motor and the 750 Watt gear reduction motor might go on the back of the Diamondback outlook. Not sure how to hook up the chain though. I have a lot of decisions to make but I know I want a smaller and lighter bike to keep in my apartment and hopefully the trunk of the Caddy. The 26" e bike I got here would not fit. Not even close.

It might be awhile before I order a controller for the 1,800W brushless motor. I need to get both the 1,000W 26" hub motor and the 20" 800W hub motor to Pete's Electric bike shop to get both rims professionally straightened. I can then hook up the Giant Roam and a 20" bike or the DimondBack outlook with the front 20" hub motor.

Thanks.

LC. out.

8/12/20 12:59 PM.

going to get tires fixed or replaced on the Caddy. Then off to storage. Pulling the 20" and 26" front hub motors and taking to Petes electric bike shop to get fixed or put on new rim/rims. He does it all. Probably getting my smallest 20" bike hooked up to the 20" hub motor. A lot better to haul up and down the stairs.

If the second stimilus money comes in I will hopefully be moving. Rather have a larger place with no stairs so i wont need storage and can ride all my e bikes without dealing with stairs.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back