New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

its beyond me that they produce stuff where factory production is pretty complicated process , and they manage to do so . yet they are unable to get one guy learn english and produce decent leafleet and spread solid info among folks ...

I understand that Aikema speaks about Tsdzb TURBO version instead of Tsdz8
That could explain why they talk about B in the video .

Buyers remorse for me instantly kicking in.. then again, will this be 150 euro's better as the non Turbo?

Eagerly awaiting video's / tear downs and reviews. If not to feel sad I didn't wait, then for knowing what I'll get next ;)

its beyond me that they produce stuff where factory production is pretty complicated process , and they manage to do so . yet they are unable to get one guy learn english and produce decent leafleet and spread solid info among folks ...
especially that many would do it for some free motor or discount :)

I'd rather see reviewers who don't get free stuff or discounts, ...
Ofcourse, but there is nothing wrong with a sponsored introduction video to present the existence of a new design.
Independent reviews will come after time if the motor is available for everyone.

Last edited:
I'd rather see reviewers who don't get free stuff or discounts, tends to help a lot with getting independent reliable information imho.
I didn't mean free motor for good review, but a discount or motor for translation :) This can still produce bad review.

I didn't mean free motor for good review, but a discount or motor for translation :) This can still produce bad review.

The thing is, objectivity is more guaranteed if no goods permanently switch ownership in relation to reviews. I rather reviewers pay for their own review samples, it keeps them dead honest.

Ofc I watch people review stuff which they got sent in, there are channels which get stuff sent to them for review constantly and some of them I find very informative and trust worthy.

I'm just to new to these kits/setups, I guess this is why I don't have a list / number of people yet who I'd 100% trust if they are benefiting from their exposure.

Ofcourse, but there is nothing wrong with a sponsored introduction video to present the existence of a new design.
Independent reviews will come after time if the motor is available for everyone.

That's the difference though, you correctly identify them as introductions. I'd call them extended advertising.

While I would see user reviews from people who bought their kit as actual reviews.

Anybody knows the part number of the tsdzb’s main bearing? And if there’s an alternative supplier for better quality bearings, mine gave up after 5 months. Currently running on a tsdzA maingear, not ideal.

Anybody knorws the part number of the tsdzb’s main bearing? ....
For a Tsdz2B it isn't possible anymore to replace the maingear clutch bearing only.
You have to replace the complete maingear.

For the ordinary Tsdz2 it is the CSK30P.
You can find them for several prices. The best quality is the expensive Stieber.
If you are have now the older maingear with the white reductiongear, you don't have a clutch.
The solution is to replace the white for a blue gear too.

Last edited:
For a Tsdz2B it isn't possible anymore to replace the maingear clutch bearing only.
You have to replace the complete maingear.

For the ordinary Tsdz2 it is the CSK30P.
You can find them for several prices. The best quality is the expensive Stieber.
If you are have now the older maingear with the white reductiongear, you don't have a clutch.
The solution is to replace the white for a blue gear too.
I know, but i’m waiting for a new maingear from psw-power that seems to have disappeared in transit. Till then i use the old type of maingear with an old chainring and no clutch. As long as the battery has power its doable.

Anyone know yet if the new TSDZ2b is compatible with the OSF ?

It is mostly the same motor in a new case, as far as I understand.

Oh, and the reason the designer jumped ship is (allegedly) that they weren't happy with Tongsheng cheaping out on manufacturing and warranty.

The TwoSevern motor cases are milled, and almost a press fit, unlike the Tongsheng that are pressings with the nice air gap to keep the motor toasty warm.

Last edited:
Hello there, I'm sorry if this question is maybe obvious for some, but I'm quite a bit confused since there seem so many different versions out there.
If I'd get the latest TSDZ2B 250W version from PSW, would I be able to flash the OSF?

I read somewhere on the github repo that its only for the V1 controller. So I'm kind of assmuning that the currently sold versions have newer controllers.

The OSF would be a huge appeal to me, cause I'm quite a tinkerer. Even though this motor would be pretty overpowered for my usecase.

edit: oh wow, lol
Anyone know yet if the new TSDZ2b is compatible with the OSF ?

Torque assist without PAS is not ideal (unless you want to get a lot of exercise, every time you ride). At the very least, they should provide some ability to smooth put the pedal strokes.

Pardon the ignorance on the subject, but how exactly can you get torque assist without pedaling (besides using the throttle).

PAS is pedaling. Torque assist is pedaling. One measures only the pedaling itself, one measures how hard the rider is pedaling, but they are both based on pedaling the bike.

Do you mean torque assist without multiple PAS levels is not ideal? Is that what you mean?

Hello there, I'm sorry if this question is maybe obvious for some, but I'm quite a bit confused since there seem so many different versions out there.
If I'd get the latest TSDZ2B 250W version from PSW, would I be able to flash the OSF?

I read somewhere on the github repo that its only for the V1 controller. So I'm kind of assmuning that the currently sold versions have newer controllers.

The OSF would be a huge appeal to me, cause I'm quite a tinkerer. Even though this motor would be pretty overpowered for my usecase.

edit: oh wow, lol

I have a tsdz2b from pswpower, I will probably do the cooling mods and OSF tomorrow ( praying I got a V1 controller ) so I can let you know which version controller they were shipping a few weeks ago..

Only Enerprof Germany sell Tsdz2 with another controller (V2).
It is a better controller with better software, but restricted to 25km/h and not flashable with OSF.
PSWPower sell still the same controller for years and is flashable.
Tsdz2 and Tsdz2B have the same controller.
Anyone know yet if the new TSDZ2b is compatible with the OSF ?.....
If I'd get the latest TSDZ2B 250W version from PSW, would I be able to flash the OSF?...
I have a tsdz2b from pswpower,....( praying I got a V1 controller ) ....

The new "Tsdz2B-Turbo" or "Tsdz8" is another design of Tongsheng, it has the same formfactor as BBSxx and To7-DM01
Not sure is if the controller is the same as Tsdz2(b). If the electronic components are the same it could be possible to flash OSF too.

The Tsdz2(b) and To7-DM02 look the same outside, but mirrored, but are different inside.
To7-DM02 (and DM01) has a lot of potential, but till now every review isn't positive about the torquesensor in comparision with Tsdz2.
If it are the FW, FWsettings or hardware isn't yet clear.

I have the 48V and it has worked fine for the last 5 years, but this last weekend when I started out and pressed on my bike petal instead of the motor kicking in, it made a strange buzzing/grinding sound the whole time I was applying pressure to the pedal and provide no power assist. I stopped pedaling and started pedaling again several times and finally the motor assist kicked in and it sounded normal. This would happen again several more times on my ride. Not sure what the issue is, any ideas?
I’ve had the same happen last week when I went on a biking holiday. I’m running casinhos v 0.19 for the 5 years. I reset to default and reflshed the software. None of my settIns change leading me to assume the controller is faulty. I’ve ordered a tsdz2b from pspower and will flash that with v 20.1. which worked fine on my cargo bike. I’ll refurb the faulty motor over winter . This has been on my main MTB and I’ve done about 5000 miles, maybe even 7000. It’s had a hard life, being a proper MTB, including hauling my camping trailer before I built my cargo bike so 5 years is good.

Only Enerprof Germany sell Tsdz2 with another controller (V2).
It is a better controller with better software, but restricted to 25km/h and not flashable with OSF.
PSWPower sell still the same controller for years and is flashable.
Tsdz2 and Tsdz2B have the same controller.
I know someone who fits the motor for customers, and they keep getting V2 controllers from PSWPower

They have just done the voltage check, rather than actually tried to flash them..............

I know someone who fits the motor for customers, and they keep getting V2 controllers from PSWPower

They have just done the voltage check, rather than actually tried to flash them..............
oh that's not so good news. So that means no OSF in those cases, am I right?

Guess I'll shoot PSWPower a mail on what to expect.
I have a tsdz2b from pswpower, I will probably do the cooling mods and OSF tomorrow ( praying I got a V1 controller ) so I can let you know which version controller they were shipping a few weeks ago..
do you log your build somewhere? Would love to know how it will go

I mean a AKM-100CST would probably be plenty fine for my planned commuter build, but having the option to tinker around and having an offroad mode is really tempting.

Last edited:
No resolution from me today, I did install the cooling kit but opted out off the temp sensor since I didn't feel like soldering. Fixing that cable is out for the same reason. Hope I feel more up to it tomorrow.

I'm glad I orderded that insert, it fits so snug I'm sure it will increase dissipation tremendously much more as the top plate. Added some heatpads around the controller outside and the casing just in case.

I don't really have a build log, that's a good idea now you mention it. I think I have a message from them it's a V1 controller. I'll be pretty upset if i'm not able to play with OSF, might start looking for a second hand tsdz2 so I can scavenge that controller if needed.

But I have pretty good faith it won't be needed. It's btw not just soldering cable I need to set up environment which means dusting off my laptop and throwing some fresh ubuntu on it ( it's quite old, might run recent windows but it would be slow... )

Back