Putting the Junk in the trunk

I've been looking at many of the builds here for inspiration for quite some time. It seems that all the best Mountain boards builds have the same thing in common; their battery box is right in the middle of the board, top side. The list of advantages to this is probably long:

Easy access.

with foot bindings, feet are in fixed positions at the sides, leaving the middle as prime real estate for battery enclosures

middle is probably the area with most vibration dampening, especially with those W shaped Trampa decks

weight distribution is more even at the center.

Maybe I'm swimming against the current here, but has anybody tried putting the battery enclosure at the rear of the board with any success?
like maybe connected to the actual motor mount, or on the 35 degree bend at the rear. I just seems to be more aesthetic to me, and doesn't 'foul-up' the deck.

maybe shorter wire lengths are the only actual advantage here but I'm curious
here is a picture of my very first, somewhat mediocre attempt at this.

Attachments

• 20150320_113322.jpg
    20150320_113322.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 616
doesnt look very aesthetic to me tbh :lol:

think the weight distribution is the most important reason - if you want to flip your board around for a 180 or anything related to circular motion of the board, youll have an extremely hard time with the battery at the tip of the board. :?

doesnt look very aesthetic to me tbh :lol:

think the weight distribution is the most important reason - if you want to flip your board around for a 180 or anything related to circular motion of the board, youll have an extremely hard time with the battery at the tip of the board. :?

LOL yeah not the best example in the picture. As for weight distribution, I never even thought about 180 degrees flips. I guess I spend most of my time just trying to remain upright on the board.

but hey maybe it can do better wheelies? :mrgreen:

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/project-paragon-trampa-e-mtb-tacon-160-custom-composite-enclosure-chain-drive-ongoing-build-log/1485
Look at my build ^

Back