QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

sketchism said:
What specifically, does the "hall speedometer" wire do on the sabvotons?

is it a hall passthrough to pull a signal from for a CA?

You connect the hall speedometer wire to the "yellow" wire on the CA (6-pin connector).

So you speed readout on a CA-DP.

so yep its a passthrough for the CA to pull a hall signal from for speed, i'd already tapped one of the halls but thats handy to know

I love the concept. Really great work.

Does open source mean the body shape is also open source?
If so how do you plan to share the body shape with others?

:eek:

Untitled.png

You are in for high powered fun this summer gensem :)
What controller do you plan to match for the 273?

macribs said:
You are in for high powered fun this summer gensem :)
What controller do you plan to match for the 273?

Adaptto max-e for the time being... Im really hoping adaptto releases and Ultra-e with 24mosfets with 220-230 amps
BTW winter is coming to Brazil, not summer, either way temperature usually stay over 10-12c so its not that bad.

Merlin said:
looks like the first 273er official buyed? :p

what "vehicle" will eat this monster? :D

Luke (liveforphysics) got one a couple months ago, but i dont think he is using it yet.
frame is a vector with 18" front wheel and 17" rear wheel.
battery is 20s8p turnigy hard case lipo. roughly 75v usable 31-32ah. I wanted to use leaf cells but nobody was willing to send 30-40kg of lithium from USA to me.

wow, so you got a "special swingarm - rear dropout" about 200mm and 12mm flat for that monster?

how do you handle the rearwheel weight? normal MTB rear shocks cant handle the cromotor weight at all.
(i know lots of riding this way...me too. but those rebound is to weak for a 18Kg wheel)

...and this will be a 24Kg Rearwheel right?

Merlin said:
wow, so you got a "special swingarm - rear dropout" about 200mm and 12mm flat for that monster?

how do you handle the rearwheel weight? normal MTB rear shocks cant handle the cromotor weight at all.
(i know lots of riding this way...me too. but those rebound is to weak for a 18Kg wheel)

frame dropout is 155-156mm, motor needs 152mm. 10mm flats on the frame will be widen to 12mm. top speed all loaded should be around 110-115kmh without Adaptto OVS (field weakening)

Unsprung weight is really high... my cromotor wheel had around 14kg, this one ll have 22-23kg. ll try to use a 850 lbs spring but if that doesnt workout i ll swap it for a dirt motorcycle shock.

Unsprung weight is really high... my cromotor wheel had around 14kg, this one ll have 22-23kg. ll try to use a 850 lbs spring but if that doesnt workout i ll swap it for a dirt motorcycle shock.

I did a quick look around for a rear motox shock. It seemed to me all I could find was those really long shocks with around 400 mm eye to eye. I guess you could drop the swing arm chock mount 50-70mm below swing arm that will give you close to 90 mm more length, but you will still need around 50-100 mm extra space for the frame bracket, and that will be hard. If you find a way to work around that pls share with us.

I didn't measured but I do have a lot of room using a 17" wheel with 2.25-2.5 tyre. If I happen to run out of space I 'll just extend the swingarm a little.
I still need to get spokes I did calc length beforehand but I feel better measuring with motor and rim at hand.
Build should happen in 3 4 weeks.

gensem said:
Merlin said:

frame dropout is 155-156mm, motor needs 152mm. 10mm flats on the frame will be widen to 12mm. top speed all loaded should be around 110-115kmh without Adaptto OVS (field weakening)

woups? looks like i didnt know that there are 2 versions from the 273 out there. 4kw/8kw.
thx :D

but your springrate has nothing to do with the rebound of your rear shock...unsprung mass/weight is the key, and your wheel will bounce clearly noticeable.

Merlin said:
but your springrate has nothing to do with the rebound of your rear shock...unsprung mass/weight is the key, and your wheel will bounce clearly noticeable.

True... will see how it works out, if the wheel doesn't copy the track properly 'll have to use either dual mtb shocks or dirt motorcycle shock.

QS has other models in between, but the biggest one with bicycle freewheel, bicycle disk brake and 150mm dropouts is the 4kw one.

let us know :D
Vector had some itme ago the dual shock option. but most of them dont want it, because double money for 2 shocks + double weight.

atm i didnt find a rearshock that handles the 19" Cro v4 wheel well :?
if you find a motocross shock that fits, let me know.

Maybe snowmobile rear shocks can do the trick? 12" eye to eye.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Shock-Absorbers-320mm-Yamaha-Snowmobile-Vmax-600-700-FREE-SHIPPING-/300890679160

Even shorter Fox air shock 11" eye to eye
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fox-Float-3-Air-Snowmobile-Shock-Frt-Track-Arctic-Cat-11-20-ext-3-06-travel-/191641050924?hash=item2c9eb25f2c:g:500AAOSwT6pVsSEC&vxp=mtr

i dont know how much "power" a snowboard shock has.
and i dont want to the first one to "try it" :p

the short dirt bike shocks from DNM looks cool. i have to find out how much this shocks can handle. A dirtbike Realwheel is not heavy as our hubs are. but the swingarm lever is more. so maybe we can compare it.

Merlin said:

the short dirt bike shocks from DNM looks cool. i have to find out how much this shocks can handle. A dirtbike Realwheel is not heavy as our hubs are. but the swingarm lever is more. so maybe we can compare it.

Swing arm is much longer and they do massive jumps... Worth a try i guess. When I get the rest of bike ready I ll try to speak with dnm asking for advice based on vector swingarm length and wheel weight.

Merlin said:

Well those "snowboard" shocks are much much tougher then MTB or DH shocks thats for sure. Because the sleds are heavy, more then 350-400 lbs just for the sled and also people ride 2 up on them on harsh terrain, big washboards, jumps and drops. Not to mention those crazy ones freeriding of cliffs, doing 50 yards jumps and what not. If you find a used shock that is made for that kind of riding I am 100% certain those shocks will not let you down. Be sure to check eye to eye length to avoid as much swing arm rebuild as possible.

ridethelightning said:
BCTECH said:
ridethelightning said:
Hello Vito

i have sent pm also, but I would like to ask if the new version freewheel cover with english thread of qs 205 v3 50h can be compatible with the old qs 205 v3 50h motor(with m35*1 thread).

as im having some trouble with the quality of the m35*1 feonix freewheel.

could i order a new version freewheel side cover to swap over?

ps. ill also order an extra qs 205, and possibly 273 with the shipment to make it worthwhile

cheers
RTL

I have both new and old freewheel cover, they are exchangeable and all work fine.
The dicta freewheel seems better quality and I think most people is using
thanks for posting that.
this is great news.

i also use dicta and is much brtter quality. the feonix has some serious critical issues, making clunking sounds under torque.

Im am pleased to say i received a free, new version qs205 50h side cover to replace the old one, so i can now use the Dicta type standard single speed freewheel.
I have just swapped the cover over and it fists the old QS 205 perfectly :D
Thanks Vito!

Vito Hu need help

I've this:
1.E-scooter. tire 3.50x10 "
2. current engine power 1500w
3. vehicle weight 80kg. load weight 120-140kg.
4. 58.4V 55Ah lithium battery. inr18650-29e cells. 16s20p settings
5. Maximum speed 46kmh. mode controller 120%.
6. Controller 12 fets 60V 58A.
7. I would like to go to a top speed of 60 or 70kmh.

The speed on hills could be a little more.
Road speed is insufficient. The cars ahead of you. sometimes they do not leave room. it is dangerous.

What maximum speed can be achieved with engines 2000 and 3000W?

I have less than 5% of hills on the way. the hills are small and short. How is more efficiente? maximum speed mode 100 or 120%

What idle speed is available? which one do you recommend?

If there is not much difference in price I prefer the motor 3000w v3.

My E-scooter:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80231&p=1182685#p1182685

Back