• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

jansevr said:
QS motor - is it possible to get a QS 205 v3 laced to a 17x1.85 or 17x2.15 rim? Also I would need a 17x1.6 front.

If so what would be the price with shipping to Milwaukee, WI 53208. Thanks!

Hello Jansevr,

So far, we didn't have plant to lace 17X1.85 or 17X2.15 rim.
As we might mix up the samples.

Best Regards

markz said:
So you need to custom make an axle mount for the the QS motors to be placed on vehicle.
View attachment 2

Hello Markz,

Nope, Customers might the axle mount for motor by themselves.
Please refer to below pictures (I could send the drawing if you need).
bracket.png
mount of motor.png

Best Regards

Thanks but I was thinking of a motor rim that could be bolted onto a regular vehicle axle, a 4x4. Since the axle is always spinning when vehicle is in motion, its problematic to think a motor rim could be used in that situation. Your design works well if a vehicle has a non driven axle, like a FWD minivan (motor on the rear, or RWD vehicle (motor in the front).

-------------------------------------------------

Tangent and OT - For my idea's: I've come to the conclusion that its necessary to disregard the motor rim design and mount a dc motor on the drive-train of a 4x4 vehicle, input or output of a divorced transfer case setup, output of a split (205/203) or normal transfer case setup or place it somewhere along the drive shaft (whether one-piece or split) or mount it on the axle/diff driving the yoke. Each has their pro's and con's. That too me is the easiest setup. Its unusual because when people convert they normally convert to 100% electric, and others say "Leave hybrid systems to the major auto companies" Its not truly a hybrid, its actually 2 independent systems, one used on high gasoline use start/stop, the other in cruise mode where gasoline use is maximized.

I've done a cursory look on different motors, I'm thinking perhaps a very high KV motor is needed or even high volts (which requires more batteries), to get very high torque from the gear reduction, maybe a 10:1 ratio. Even a basic auto dc motor can get the torque needed on par with the peak of a torque curve of gas engines, but I have yet to figure out the speed dilemma. Might turn into a rock crawler, have the torque needed, but no where near the speed required.

I'm thinking of buying this motor for my stealth bomber if anyone is using one on a bomber please let me know how it went any problems that might come up would th V2 be a better choice because of the phase wires thank you much guys

Hello,

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/QS-10inch-3000W-205-50H-E-Scooter-Extra-V3-Type-Hub-Motor/1389549_32607558478.html I am considering purchasing a pair of these. What is the maximum amount of weight they can handle?

Is it possible to replace the rims if they get damaged?

The motor spec sheet for these motors put a range of 407-932RPM.

When placing order, pls. advise below points:

1. Voltage, RPM or kV

2. Disc brake or drum brake

"Please advise Voltage & RPM when placing order" Can I enter 48v 407RPM and get that? The chart above this portion doesn't seem so.

Thanks

Hello Vito

i have sent pm also, but I would like to ask if the new version freewheel cover with english thread of qs 205 v3 50h can be compatible with the old qs 205 v3 50h motor(with m35*1 thread).

as im having some trouble with the quality of the m35*1 feonix freewheel.

could i order a new version freewheel side cover to swap over?

ps. ill also order an extra qs 205, and possibly 273 with the shipment to make it worthwhile

cheers
RTL

ridethelightning said:
Hello Vito

i have sent pm also, but I would like to ask if the new version freewheel cover with english thread of qs 205 v3 50h can be compatible with the old qs 205 v3 50h motor(with m35*1 thread).

ps. ill also order an extra qs 205, and possibly 273 with the shipment to make it worthwhile

cheers
RTL

I have both new and old freewheel cover, they are exchangeable and all work fine.
The dicta freewheel seems better quality and I think most people is using

BCTECH said:
I have both new and old freewheel cover, they are exchangeable and all work fine.

I need a better quality freewheel too, where can I get that dicta freewheel?

I've been using the 16T but would be cool if I can fit the 14T of this ebay article?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/DICTA-Chrome-BMX-Freewheel-18T-16T-14T-Single-Speed-Cog-Sprocket-1-2-x-1-8-/351459808611?var=&hash=item51d4a31563:m:mTZzy9I4MIy5WQW6-paF8Vg
"For 14T you will need a specific Small size thread on your Hub - Thread diameter must be 30mm - Please contatc us if you are unsure or do not understand"

bigbore said:
BCTECH said:

I've been using the 16T but would be cool if I can fit the 14T of this ebay article?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/DICTA-Chrome-BMX-Freewheel-18T-16T-14T-Single-Speed-Cog-Sprocket-1-2-x-1-8-/351459808611?var=&hash=item51d4a31563:m:mTZzy9I4MIy5WQW6-paF8Vg
"For 14T you will need a specific Small size thread on your Hub - Thread diameter must be 30mm - Please contatc us if you are unsure or do not understand"

the best one out there might be white industries, they might custom made something

BCTECH said:
ridethelightning said:
Hello Vito

cheers
RTL

thanks for posting that.
this is great news.

i also use dicta and is much brtter quality. the feonix has some serious critical issues, making clunking sounds under torque.

bigbore said:
BCTECH said:

i dont think a smaller then 16t wil fit on the hub

shimanos recommend....

really! quiet.

white industries? yes...if you dont have a train horn and you want to spread out the people in front of you 300 meters bevore you comin...
loudest shit on earth :D

I can't wait till we see a watercooled 205, proper water cooling should see 10kw all day. We need heat to be issue of the past, indeed such an ebike motor would sell like hot cakes :)

I believe he is talking about true motorcylce usage with vehicle weight of 100kg or above. think outside the box :p

Just use the 260mm or 273mm stator and be done with it? Might be less complex than watercooling a 205mm stator and mounting the associated gear.

Bigger stator and more metal means delaying the temperature peak right? Bigger stator means less heat per given area, but overal heat generated Is Similar ? 10kw in generates heat based on inefficiencies, bigger stator is more efficient, but by enough difference between a 50 and 75 stator ? to ward off peak heat? One would think I'd need to go to a 100 stator make a real difference ? By now weight has climbed beyond what an active cooling setup would be?

Small aluminium radiator, small pump and tubing plus water weight would be? Also keep in mind many of us are limited by dropout widths, active cooling is many times more effective at shedding heat.135 - 140mm dropout is the sweet spot for most ebikes, so it makes sense to strive for active cooling. But I may be wrong, maybe it can be done with stator size ?

Samd said:
Just use the 260mm or 273mm stator and be done with it? Might be less complex than watercooling a 205mm stator and mounting the associated gear.

If you have 10kW for instance and the motor operates at 90% eff (or peak eff), you still have 1000W of heat.
A larger stator doesn't have that much better heat absorption so it will not help much for continuous power.
On motorcylce there is anough space for water cooling and it would make absolutely sense.

What specifically, does the "hall speedometer" wire do on the sabvotons?

is it a hall passthrough to pull a signal from for a CA?

madin88 said:
Samd said:

If you have 10kW for instance and the motor operates at 90% eff (or peak eff), you still have 1000W of heat.
A larger stator doesn't have that much better heat absorption so it will not help much for continuous power.
On motorcylce there is anough space for water cooling and it would make absolutely sense.

But QS already got watercooled versions of the 273, you can buy those today and there is now need to wait for QS to make new molds etc.
Get a 273 W/C and go nuts.

Are you guys able to speak with Vito lately?
In the last couple weeks he is pretty absent.

Above posts ignore the fact that a bigger makes more torque for the same amount of power. But you gotta lug the weight.

Lots of Chinese would have been off for grave cleaning week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back