Quick Help - Lyen Controller!

cbr shadow

1 kW
I'm wiring up my Lyen 18FET controller and I'm noticing something weird.. It looks like there's a connection for the throttle cable (red, green, black) with a male connector. There's also an identical connector on the controller that is a female version with red, green, black. Why would there be a male and a female of the same colors/pins? Which do I connect the throttle to, and what's the purpose of the 2nd one? His install website with pictures of the connectors doesn't show the second one, only the first.
Thanks for any help. If you could respond ASAP I'd appreciate it as I'm installing right now.
-Ryan

Here's a picture shown on his website. By the size it looks like the 12FET probably, but still there's only 1 throttle connection (Red, Green, Black)

Attachments

• phasewireconnector.jpg
    phasewireconnector.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 353
Sounds like he might have run out of the normal coloured wires for the e speed switch. If you want to make sure, slide the circuit board out and see where the wires go. 3 speed switch goes to X1, X2, and gnd

Yea I have the same thing on my controller and that was my guess as well.

I think that cost me 80 dollars also in a controller repair.

Thanks for the replies guys. What colors are the 3-speed switch wires supposed to be?
oh zee, I'm not following about the $80 repair. What repair was done?

cbr shadow said:
Thanks for the replies guys. What colors are the 3-speed switch wires supposed to be?
oh zee, I'm not following about the $80 repair. What repair was done?

I somehow fried my lyen 18 fet controller and it wasnt until I got it back from Lyen fixing that I figured what you
pointed out here is probably what caused my issue. I hooked the throttle to the 3 speed switch plug on my
controller.. It's the only thing that makes any sense to me looking back.

It does seem odd that even if Lyen ran out of wire that he'd use the exact same color pattern as the throttle, with a matching connector as well. I guess I'll have to stop a bit early tonight and write him an email.

According to my Lyen manual, the Throttle connector is Male.

The manual does not show the 3-Way cabling, therefore I presume that it should be the Female connector - though I can't be certain as I have modified both of mine for 2WD.

~KF

Back