Share a picture of your workbench!

I was uploading some pictures on Facebook and came across a picture of my bench after I cleaned it up, I don't remember it looking quite so organized. I thought I'd share it with everyone. I might even take the camera out a little later and snap another picture of what it looks like at the moment, but then I know what I'm going to do today. Anyway here's my bench, anyone else brave enough to share a picture of your's

Greenerwheels

I sure will post some pics up...soon as i get down to the workshop tomorrow afternoo, I'l snap away with the camera and send post a few up for you

You will have to make do with a long shot of the whole workshop for now

RIMG0005.jpg

RIMG0006.jpg

Oh, there is the workbench, just behind the device fro extracting the goodness from fermented grains ;)

RIMG0009.jpg

No, but that is where I originally 'got the bug' for giving it a go. Those pics are probably 10 years old now. Did it once and it worked fine...97%abv ...ok so not good enough for fuel but very pure for other purposes :)

That is a fractional cracking column...I still hav the original pdf file kicking around if anyone is interested in a copy

I have one from a few years ago after i put in a new set of shelfs we found kerbside

the_garage_new_setup_pics.jpg

I also have a small bench in my other garage for electronic type work
no pics of that soz...

KiM

I don't exactly have "a workbench". Rather, I have various semi-flat surfaces that projects appear upon, frequently in layers that some future archaeologist may love or hate me for. ;)

Some dont' even bother with layers, it's just kind of all there at once. Simultaneously, even. :lol:

Assuming they are ever restored from backup, then there are pics of a few different "workbenches" I've "got setup" in my threads for CrazyBike2 and DayGlo Avenger, and probably elsewhere in various threads.

Also, I think there are some others' workbench pics, notably Fechter's and Goodrum's and a few others in (I think) one of the BMS threads, from somewhere around this same time last year.

And the winner for biggest OSHA safety violation goes to....

hog_sty.jpg

Yeah, i know. I am in the middle of making a battery box for 20ah of lipo, and a battery tester ( 300w halogen array ), and wiring harnesses.. prolly should clear off the desk a bit, lol..

I can't stand a messy unorganized work area, looking for things in order to work on something
is extremely annoying. Keeping a work area takes minimal effort, take 5 minutes after you finished whatever your doing
to sweep up and put things away.

KiM

Sheeeeet... Your desk is so safe I would use your workbench as a nursery play-pen for my 2yo son. :mrgreen:

neptronix said:
And the winner for biggest OSHA safety violation goes to....

hog_sty.jpg

Yeah, i know. I am in the middle of making a battery box for 20ah of lipo, and a battery tester ( 300w halogen array ), and wiring harnesses.. prolly should clear off the desk a bit, lol..

liveforphysics said:
Sheeeeet... Your desk is so safe I would use your workbench as a nursery play-pen for my 2yo son. :mrgreen:

I got low introductory day care rates for the first ( and last ) customer.

AussieJester said:
I can't stand a messy unorganized work area, looking for things in order to work on something
is extremely annoying. Keeping a work area takes minimal effort, take 5 minutes after you finished whatever your doing
to sweep up and put things away.

KiM
Yep, I completely agree and the key is to keep other bastards from filthing the place up :eek: A 'mate' came round while I was at work and cut mdf sheet all over my shed and left a coating of mdf dust over everything. Including all my charging gear ...

Anyway here is a flyover of my workbench, got some newly arrived lipo and I'm about solder up some connectors:

P1010551_800x600.jpg

P1010552_800x600.jpg

P1010553_800x600.jpg

P1010554_800x600.jpg

My problem is I actually have 3 workbenches. One is totally blocked by my truck so I don't count that one. Another is totally covered with junk. And the one I just cleaned to charge my lipo and mod a power supply is usable :roll: And I have a steel bench on wheels for the welder,grinder,vise and drill press.

Attachments

• mess-now.JPG
    mess-now.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,099
  • batraybends.JPG
    batraybends.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 2,099
@sico very nice shed mate! Not a huge area to play with but you have utilised the space
extremely will IMO. Getting the motorcycle out would be a lil tight past them benches wouldn't it haha

Dunno if members know but Aussie Sheds are a bit of a tradition with us Australian males, a lil getaway from the rest of the family i guess, might be half the reason us Aussie are inventive lot that and we are so far away from the rest of the world we have to improvise alot, although, alot of 'Aussie sheds' i seen, have more drinking and watching footy with the mates than working going on hehehe...Sheds for Aussie are a bit like big cubby houses LOL...

KiM

p.s sico what suburb were u in again mate? Im up in Lesmurdie. OH and Hyperion 1420 for the win did you get the 24 or 27v meanwels? You liking the charger thus far/ I'm rapt with mine.

Here are some pics of my current mess. I've just got done with a batch of walnut totes that I sell. That's why there is dust on everything. I'm right in the middle of restoring half a dozen carpenter's hand planes and stuff is everywhere. This little side hobby has taken off bigger than I really wanted it to get. I think I could easily make a living off it (not that I want to :wink: ). Anyway, it does pay for booze, tooling, vacations and my expensive ebike habit.

BTW... AJ, I do my clean-up every AM before I start. It kind of gets me warmed up and in the right mind set. Please note the lack of safety guards on any of my tools. I like it that way. I think it's healthy to be a bit scared when using a power tool, looking at that sharp blade spinning does it for me every time. Besides the damn guards are always in the way. :mrgreen:

Does my signature make more sense now?

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01598.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

nicobie said:
BTW... AJ, I do my clean-up every AM before I start. It kind of gets me warmed up and in the right mind set.

HAHA nice shop and cool 'hobby' with the old tool restoration ;) I find i am more eager
to get into when i go out to a clean shop in the mornings hence i do a whip around post work previous day, whichever works for you though is good ;) Its just far more productive IMO working in an organized shop, every tool has its place and ever tool should be in its place ;)

KiM

i recently managed to weasel a spot in my old lady's laundry room to do my electrical work.it sure beats working outside on a rusty old welding bench.its no fun working out there after dark,the skeeters will eat you alive. life is good :twisted:

Attachments

• 01311556.jpg
    01311556.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,772
  • 02122233.jpg
    02122233.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,772
is there an award for most pathetic workshop? I'm not proud of it, but I'd win.

I have to set up everything when I want to solder and put everything away afterward so I can use my bathroom :roll:

pathetic_workshop.JPG

AussieJester said:
@sico very nice shed mate! Not a huge area to play with but you have utilised the space
extremely will IMO. Getting the motorcycle out would be a lil tight past them benches wouldn't it haha

Dunno if members know but Aussie Sheds are a bit of a tradition with us Australian males, a lil getaway from the rest of the family i guess, might be half the reason us Aussie are inventive lot that and we are so far away from the rest of the world we have to improvise alot, although, alot of 'Aussie sheds' i seen, have more drinking and watching footy with the mates than working going on hehehe...Sheds for Aussie are a bit like big cubby houses LOL...

KiM

p.s sico what suburb were u in again mate? Im up in Lesmurdie. OH and Hyperion 1420 for the win did you get the 24 or 27v meanwels? You liking the charger thus far/ I'm rapt with mine.

Hey thanks Kim, the shed is a work in progress but they always are aren't they? Yours looks very neat and tidy too! For me its definitely a place to get some space away from the kids and family I love 'em to death but still like a bit of room of my own (I don't have any house space at all). So its a no kid zone (just big kids), but can't stop the missus still :wink: Definitely plenty of boozing and carrying on with the mates though :D I'm down in Cloverdale, but I'm old Lesmurdian from way back :)

The Hyperion has been really good, you basically get a high current charger and a balancer all in one unit and some more besides. Really very happy with it, but need to think about the psu's a bit more (see my recent post on the topic).

mud2005 said:

I have to set up everything when I want to solder and put everything away afterward so I can use my bathroom :roll:

Crap, i was going for that award...
Dude, hats off to you for getting it done with such limitations.

Me, i have to wait until the girlfriend is at school 2x a week to get my soldering done. the dining room in our 1 bedroom apartment is my work office and ebike shop.. lol

neptronix said:
Me, i have to wait until the girlfriend is at school 2x a week to get my soldering done. the dining room in our 1 bedroom apartment is my work office and ebike shop.. lol

you just put that in to make us older ones feel jealous...umm to have gf that is still at school :twisted:

The Aussie sheds are amazing. Heres a picture of my electronics stuff that I took for the amp hour podcast's workbench of the week:
http://troyrank.com/2011/01/02/workbench-of-the-week/

Not that exciting, I need to upload a picture of my barn....

mud2005 said:

workbench? my "bench" is on the floor in the corner of my room. might not be the best conditions to work in, but i can live with it.
caab420b.jpg

i do the electronics and soldering here. the actual bike building happens somewhere else. :mrgreen:

fechter said:
Here's an old picture back when it was 'clean'. It's a disaster area now. :wink:

Clean... Hmmmmm lol

Back