Steveo's x5306 build @ 144v (Caution High Voltage thread!)

amberwolf said:
Sure, but I still like the one I posted in another thread sometime back, that said something to the order of "Danger--high voltage. Not only will this kill you, but it will hurt the whole time you are dying". :)

:mrgreen:
I remember it too.. was nice!!!

but it will hurt the whole time you are dying !!

dOC

update 2010/04/05

-I have to say the controller is still running strong, with the warmer weather hitting .. i'm checking the performance for everything..

-controller gets slightly warm under some hard acceleration, motor as well ... (this motor has No Holes for cooling, yet runs fairly cool)

-the range Is better then i expected ... I achieve about 30km+ on a charge with 8.8ah battery... and thats with each cell only charged to 3.5v & discharged up to approx 2.8v, And i was fairly heavy on the throttle... the x5306 efficency really shows on my bike!!..

now bad for a 20hp/15kw bike :mrgreen:

-steveo

steveo said:
-the range Is better then i expected ... I achieve about 30km+ on a charge with 8.8ah battery... and thats with each cell only charged to 3.5v & discharged up to approx 2.8v, And i was fairly heavy on the throttle... the x5306 efficency really shows on my bike!!..

now bad for a 20hp/15kw bike :mrgreen:

Yep, the beauty of electric. It doesn't matter how much power you have, your consumption depends on how much power you use, so IMHO there's no downside to having too much power... Well apart from twisting in the dropouts... And the weight of an x5... And the rate of tyre wear... Ok then there's no downside that outweighs the grin of riding a powerful ebike!

How would you rank the X5306 efficiency compared to all hub motors ?

jmygann said:
How would you rank the X5306 efficiency compared to all hub motors ?

i can ride like a mad man and get 30km + on 8.8ah battery...

i use to have an x5304 ... great motor .. however ... doesn't like it to much when your heavy on the throttle ... lots of heat generated on the motor lowering the performance when motor temp at about 120 degrees.... this was happening when i was off-roading usually...

my x5306 never has gotten that hot ... it runs cooolll... 144v @ 100 amps!!

-steveo

John in CR said:
65wh/mile is great for high performance. What do you consider riding "like a mad man"?

a little heavy on the throttle during acceleration .. every now and then during the ride.

-steveo

Back