STlink v2 doesn't connect

neixian

100 mW
It looks fine. All drivers installed and I can see it in the device management.

I have also made the cables very short. However it alwasy says so:

(API) ERROR : Cannot communicate with the device !
Check the SWIM cable connection and check all the needed pin connections on the SWIM connector.

If the application code uses Swim Disable and Reset pin as Output or has disabled SWIM Clock Divider:
Try Now to SWITCH OFF and ON the application Power Supply while NRST Reset pin is forced low.

Even I tried connecting RST port to the ground (to force it low), it still doesn't connect.

Do I have a faulty dongle?

Thanks in advance guys.

IMG_20231109_110930.jpg

It looks fine. All drivers installed and I can see it in the device management.

I have also made the cables very short. However it alwasy says so:

(API) ERROR : Cannot communicate with the device !
Check the SWIM cable connection and check all the needed pin connections on the SWIM connector.

If the application code uses Swim Disable and Reset pin as Output or has disabled SWIM Clock Divider:
Try Now to SWITCH OFF and ON the application Power Supply while NRST Reset pin is forced low.

Even I tried connecting RST port to the ground (to force it low), it still doesn't connect.

Do I have a faulty dongle?

Thanks in advance guys.

View attachment 342692

Hi!
I have the same problem. Did you find the solution?
Greetings,
G

new version of TSDZ2 controlers have different microcontrollers, so stlink won't connect. I bought an old version controller to run OSF.
Thank you!

I tried with an old TSDZ2 what I bought in 2021 october, and it can not communicate. The laptop can see the ST Link, but "Cannot communicate with the device"

Let me ask, where did you buy the old version? Can we find the difference by serial numbers?

Last edited:
Thank you!

I tried with an old TSDZ2 what I bought in 2021 october, and it can not communicate. The laptop can see the ST Link, but "Cannot communicate with the device"

Let me ask, where did you buy the old version? Can we find the difference by serial numbers?
search for it. Measure the voltage across ground and swim, I can't remember whether 5v or 0v means new controller.

Back