sw900 Error 11

jimmyhackers

10 kW
i am making a little dirt bike.

plugged in everything correctly, get error 11 and motor runs backwards. no speed displayed. otherwise it works fine.

the esc and display have no reverse motor direction function/setting. so ive swapped two main phase wires and two hall sensor wires.

the motor now spins the right direction but i still have the error 11 and no speed displayed.

error 11 is communication sending problem in the manual...

the 5 pin display connector has a red, blue, black, yellow and green wire. all of which are matching atm.
the yellow and green pins being rx and tx, signal send and recieve.

in the past a cut the connector off the display to wire into something else and lost that connector....and now ive reattached a identicle connector with same wire colours (that had a different pin order).
i rematched the pin order so it's like for like colours.

i have a feeling the green and yellow were/are mixed up, but wanted to check if anyone else has some input before i started swapping things.

in heinsight i remember now. :(

a while ago i tried the display on another esc (hksunwin) and tried connecting that esc's yellow data wire to the displays yellow wire to see if it would register speed.. needless to say it didnt work.

i figure ive naffed something up in the display and will probably need a new one :(

i will take it apart and have a look but i dont have high hopes.

update: my friend had a brand new one he hadn't used, £15.

it working now. error 11 is gone.

for future reference. the green wire is for speedometer, and the the yellow wire is for power usage in watts.

Back