Awesome job! :thumb:

hi everybody!

i've got a parcel! :eek:
View attachment 10
View attachment 9
View attachment 8

comparison with the rv120-pro:
qsmotor vs rv120-pro.jpg
look at the big difference of the phase wires. unfortunately i cannot put it into the frame because i need to get the sprocket for it first. :cry:
meanwhile i've built the battery and measured the weight:
View attachment 6
..and we've started assembling..
assembling1.jpg
assembling2.jpg
assembling3.jpg
View attachment 2
assembling5.jpg
assembling6.jpg
hope to make a first ride in the garage tomorrow..

Sorry to hear that you fell for the revolt motor. I suspected it had 0.5mm lams all along since the lamination thickness was never specified and i could not get an answer from the vendor on that. The non standard dyno graph also provided more questions than answers for me.

Maybe the sur-ron motor is more ideal for this kind of ride, if the QS mid motor doesn't work out. But i don't have a data sheet for it, so who knows.

Unfortunately the LR big block is also hobbled by 0.5mm lams to my knowledge. Switching to 0.35mm on a high RPM motor like that would produce around 33% more continuous power just due to higher efficiency and thus WAY more thermal headroom. These motor makers are shooting themselves in the foot by not spending another $20 on the motor.

neptronix said:
Sorry to hear that you fell for the revolt motor. I suspected it had 0.5mm lams all along since the lamination thickness was never specified and i could not get an answer from the vendor on that. The non standard dyno graph also provided more questions than answers for me.

Maybe the sur-ron motor is more ideal for this kind of ride, if the QS mid motor doesn't work out. But i don't have a data sheet for it, so who knows.

Unfortunately the LR big block is also hobbled by 0.5mm lams to my knowledge. Switching to 0.35mm on a high RPM motor like that would produce around 33% more continuous power just due to higher efficiency and thus WAY more thermal headroom. These motor makers are shooting themselves in the foot by not spending another $20 on the motor.
thank you for your message. saying frankly i do beleive the qs motor will be enough for this bike. in fact i bought revolt motor few years ago and i didn't know much about this stuff.
agree with you about those motor makers and i think it is not kinda smart policy. it is a competitive market so there is a hope that new and cool motors will come there for cheap. :)

Looks great!

You might want to consider some kind of crash bar or reinforcement to protect the battery in the (likely) event the bike tips over or crashes. It's hard to tell from the pictures what will make contact with the pavement first if the bike goes down.

fechter said:
Looks great!

You might want to consider some kind of crash bar or reinforcement to protect the battery in the (likely) event the bike tips over or crashes. It's hard to tell from the pictures what will make contact with the pavement first if the bike goes down.
yes, i'm gonna protect the battery definetly. thinking of stainless steel bars in addition to fiberglass covers.

Back